Re: Re: [videoblogging] vlog safe music

  • trine bjørkmann berry
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
      locarecords.com

      and,i think ccmixter.org

      trine

      --

      +++++ http://www.davidandtrine.org +++++
    • Andy Carvin
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
        Yeah, I've had good luck with asking smaller record labels for
        permission to use their music. I was able to get the drummer Obo Addy
        to let me use his work for the dozen or so videos and podcasts I did
        in Ghana last year. It never hurts to ask, particularly if you're not
        in a rush to upload a video and can wait a while for a reply.

        andy carvin
        www.andycarvin.com/archives/video

        > Smaller record companies with artists who are "about the art" and
        generally
        > like free publicity are good. Usually you can just email them and ask
        > permission and they'll give it. Projekt (http://www.projekt.com)
        gave me
        > permission as long as the artist and company were attribute, for
        example.
        > I've never approached them, but I'd imagine similar responses from
        places
        > like Metropolis Records (http://www.metropolis-records.com) and
        Young God
        > Records (http://www.younggodrecords.com).
        >
        > --
      • David Meade
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
          You dont have to buy the tracks at music.podshow.com ... but you do have to credit the author and state that the music is available at music.podshow.com .  I've used them and like them.  You can tell the system when you use a song and it will tell the artist.  I've had a few contact me and thank me for using their stuff.

          There's a nice list of open music at ourmedia.org now:

          http://www.ourmedia.org/learning-center/open

          On 8/1/06, Heath <heathparks@...> wrote:
          Ok, I have some more questions, I am wanting to put "pod/vlog" safe
          music in my vids......I know about Mangatunes, I have just used them
          for an upcoming skit.....I also know about Podsafe, but do you have to
          buy a song from them to use it or like magantune can you get a free
          copy as long as you abide by the licience agrement...

          and are there any other "pod/vlog" safe sites out there?

          Thanks

          Heath - The Batman Geek
          http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com

          Yahoo! Groups Links