Re: [videoblogging] vlog safe music

  • Anne Walk
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
      i've gotten music from archive.org before. it's a good resource for lots of things.

      also, if you go to creativecommons.org, they have links to sites that have podsafe music.

      On 8/1/06, wlight@... <wlight@... > wrote:

      > Ok, I have some more questions, I am wanting to put "pod/vlog" safe
      > music in my vids......I know about Mangatunes, I have just used them
      > for an upcoming skit.....I also know about Podsafe, but do you have to
      > buy a song from them to use it or like magantune can you get a free
      > copy as long as you abide by the licience agrement...
      >
      > and are there any other "pod/vlog" safe sites out there?

      Smaller record companies with artists who are "about the art" and generally
      like free publicity are good. Usually you can just email them and ask
      permission and they'll give it. Projekt (http://www.projekt.com) gave me
      permission as long as the artist and company were attribute, for example.
      I've never approached them, but I'd imagine similar responses from places
      like Metropolis Records (http://www.metropolis-records.com) and Young God
      Records (http://www.younggodrecords.com).

      --
      Rhett.

      Anne Walk
      http://loadedpun.com
      http://8bitme.blogspot.com
      http://nopractice.blogspot.com
    • trine bjørkmann berry
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
        locarecords.com

        and,i think ccmixter.org

        trine

        On 8/1/06, Anne Walk <desperatelymeasured@...> wrote:

        > i've gotten music from archive.org before. it's a good resource for lots of
        > things.
        >
        > also, if you go to creativecommons.org, they have links to sites that have
        > podsafe music.
        >

        > On 8/1/06, wlight@... <wlight@... > wrote:
        > >

        > > > Ok, I have some more questions, I am wanting to put "pod/vlog" safe
        > > > music in my vids......I know about Mangatunes, I have just used them
        > > > for an upcoming skit.....I also know about Podsafe, but do you have to
        > > > buy a song from them to use it or like magantune can you get a free
        > > > copy as long as you abide by the licience agrement...
        > > >
        > > > and are there any other "pod/vlog" safe sites out there?
        > >

        > > Smaller record companies with artists who are "about the art" and
        > generally
        > > like free publicity are good. Usually you can just email them and ask
        > > permission and they'll give it. Projekt (http://www.projekt.com) gave me
        > > permission as long as the artist and company were attribute, for example.
        > > I've never approached them, but I'd imagine similar responses from places
        > > like Metropolis Records (http://www.metropolis-records.com) and Young God
        > > Records (http://www.younggodrecords.com).
        > >
        > > --
        > > Rhett.

        > > This message was sent using Endymion MailMan.
        > > http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/
        > >

        > --
        > Anne Walk
        > http://loadedpun.com
        > http://8bitme.blogspot.com
        > http://nopractice.blogspot.com

        --

        +++++ http://www.davidandtrine.org +++++
      • Andy Carvin
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
          Yeah, I've had good luck with asking smaller record labels for
          permission to use their music. I was able to get the drummer Obo Addy
          to let me use his work for the dozen or so videos and podcasts I did
          in Ghana last year. It never hurts to ask, particularly if you're not
          in a rush to upload a video and can wait a while for a reply.

          andy carvin
          www.andycarvin.com/archives/video

          > Smaller record companies with artists who are "about the art" and
          generally
          > like free publicity are good. Usually you can just email them and ask
          > permission and they'll give it. Projekt (http://www.projekt.com)
          gave me
          > permission as long as the artist and company were attribute, for
          example.
          > I've never approached them, but I'd imagine similar responses from
          places
          > like Metropolis Records (http://www.metropolis-records.com) and
          Young God
          > Records (http://www.younggodrecords.com).
          >
          > --
        • David Meade
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
            You dont have to buy the tracks at music.podshow.com ... but you do have to credit the author and state that the music is available at music.podshow.com .  I've used them and like them.  You can tell the system when you use a song and it will tell the artist.  I've had a few contact me and thank me for using their stuff.

            There's a nice list of open music at ourmedia.org now:

            http://www.ourmedia.org/learning-center/open

            On 8/1/06, Heath <heathparks@...> wrote:
            Ok, I have some more questions, I am wanting to put "pod/vlog" safe
            music in my vids......I know about Mangatunes, I have just used them
            for an upcoming skit.....I also know about Podsafe, but do you have to
            buy a song from them to use it or like magantune can you get a free
            copy as long as you abide by the licience agrement...

            and are there any other "pod/vlog" safe sites out there?

            Thanks

            Heath - The Batman Geek
            http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com

            Yahoo! Groups Links