vlog safe music

  • Heath
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
      Ok, I have some more questions, I am wanting to put "pod/vlog" safe
      music in my vids......I know about Mangatunes, I have just used them
      for an upcoming skit.....I also know about Podsafe, but do you have to
      buy a song from them to use it or like magantune can you get a free
      copy as long as you abide by the licience agrement...

      and are there any other "pod/vlog" safe sites out there?

      Thanks

      Heath - The Batman Geek
      http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com
    • wlight@weatherlight.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
        > Ok, I have some more questions, I am wanting to put "pod/vlog" safe
        > music in my vids......I know about Mangatunes, I have just used them
        > for an upcoming skit.....I also know about Podsafe, but do you have to
        > buy a song from them to use it or like magantune can you get a free
        > copy as long as you abide by the licience agrement...
        >
        > and are there any other "pod/vlog" safe sites out there?

        Smaller record companies with artists who are "about the art" and generally
        like free publicity are good. Usually you can just email them and ask
        permission and they'll give it. Projekt (http://www.projekt.com) gave me
        permission as long as the artist and company were attribute, for example.
        I've never approached them, but I'd imagine similar responses from places
        like Metropolis Records (http://www.metropolis-records.com) and Young God
        Records (http://www.younggodrecords.com).

        --
        Rhett.

      • Anne Walk
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
          i've gotten music from archive.org before. it's a good resource for lots of things.

          also, if you go to creativecommons.org, they have links to sites that have podsafe music.

          On 8/1/06, wlight@... <wlight@... > wrote:

          > Ok, I have some more questions, I am wanting to put "pod/vlog" safe
          > music in my vids......I know about Mangatunes, I have just used them
          > for an upcoming skit.....I also know about Podsafe, but do you have to
          > buy a song from them to use it or like magantune can you get a free
          > copy as long as you abide by the licience agrement...
          >
          > and are there any other "pod/vlog" safe sites out there?

          Smaller record companies with artists who are "about the art" and generally
          like free publicity are good. Usually you can just email them and ask
          permission and they'll give it. Projekt (http://www.projekt.com) gave me
          permission as long as the artist and company were attribute, for example.
          I've never approached them, but I'd imagine similar responses from places
          like Metropolis Records (http://www.metropolis-records.com) and Young God
          Records (http://www.younggodrecords.com).

          --
          Rhett.

          Anne Walk
          http://loadedpun.com
          http://8bitme.blogspot.com
          http://nopractice.blogspot.com
        • trine bjørkmann berry
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
            locarecords.com

            and,i think ccmixter.org

            trine

            On 8/1/06, Anne Walk <desperatelymeasured@...> wrote:

            > i've gotten music from archive.org before. it's a good resource for lots of
            > things.
            >
            > also, if you go to creativecommons.org, they have links to sites that have
            > podsafe music.
            >

            > On 8/1/06, wlight@... <wlight@... > wrote:
            > >

            > > > Ok, I have some more questions, I am wanting to put "pod/vlog" safe
            > > > music in my vids......I know about Mangatunes, I have just used them
            > > > for an upcoming skit.....I also know about Podsafe, but do you have to
            > > > buy a song from them to use it or like magantune can you get a free
            > > > copy as long as you abide by the licience agrement...
            > > >
            > > > and are there any other "pod/vlog" safe sites out there?
            > >

            > > Smaller record companies with artists who are "about the art" and
            > generally
            > > like free publicity are good. Usually you can just email them and ask
            > > permission and they'll give it. Projekt (http://www.projekt.com) gave me
            > > permission as long as the artist and company were attribute, for example.
            > > I've never approached them, but I'd imagine similar responses from places
            > > like Metropolis Records (http://www.metropolis-records.com) and Young God
            > > Records (http://www.younggodrecords.com).
            > >
            > > --
            > > Rhett.

            > > This message was sent using Endymion MailMan.
            > > http://www.endymion.com/products/mailman/
            > >

            > --
            > Anne Walk
            > http://loadedpun.com
            > http://8bitme.blogspot.com
            > http://nopractice.blogspot.com

            --

            +++++ http://www.davidandtrine.org +++++
          • Andy Carvin
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
              Yeah, I've had good luck with asking smaller record labels for
              permission to use their music. I was able to get the drummer Obo Addy
              to let me use his work for the dozen or so videos and podcasts I did
              in Ghana last year. It never hurts to ask, particularly if you're not
              in a rush to upload a video and can wait a while for a reply.

              andy carvin
              www.andycarvin.com/archives/video

              > Smaller record companies with artists who are "about the art" and
              generally
              > like free publicity are good. Usually you can just email them and ask
              > permission and they'll give it. Projekt (http://www.projekt.com)
              gave me
              > permission as long as the artist and company were attribute, for
              example.
              > I've never approached them, but I'd imagine similar responses from
              places
              > like Metropolis Records (http://www.metropolis-records.com) and
              Young God
              > Records (http://www.younggodrecords.com).
              >
              > --
            • David Meade
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 1, 2006
                You dont have to buy the tracks at music.podshow.com ... but you do have to credit the author and state that the music is available at music.podshow.com .  I've used them and like them.  You can tell the system when you use a song and it will tell the artist.  I've had a few contact me and thank me for using their stuff.

                There's a nice list of open music at ourmedia.org now:

                http://www.ourmedia.org/learning-center/open

                On 8/1/06, Heath <heathparks@...> wrote:
                Ok, I have some more questions, I am wanting to put "pod/vlog" safe
                music in my vids......I know about Mangatunes, I have just used them
                for an upcoming skit.....I also know about Podsafe, but do you have to
                buy a song from them to use it or like magantune can you get a free
                copy as long as you abide by the licience agrement...

                and are there any other "pod/vlog" safe sites out there?

                Thanks

                Heath - The Batman Geek
                http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com

                Yahoo! Groups Links