Re: Newbie

  • John
    Message 1 of 57 , Aug 1, 2006
      Thanks Joshua,
      I'm still trying to figure out that feed issue. I seem to have
      something in my code it doesn't like. I'm trying to figure it out.
      I appreciate the feedback and I'm working on it.

      John

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua Kinberg"
      <jkinberg@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for placing a FireAnt badge on your site, but it looks like
      > there are no enclosures in your feed. Make sure you check the "I'm
      > Podcaster" box in Feedburner to transform your feed to RSS 2.0 with
      > Enclosures -- this makes it a Podcast.
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > Josh
      >

      > On 7/31/06, awarner20 <awarner20@...> wrote:
      > > Hi John,
      > >
      > > I like the idea of your video blog, very creative. One
      recommendation
      > > I would make is to make your videos open in a separate pop-up
      window
      > > or insert some javascript to have them open right where they
      are. You
      > > can get the free pop-up code from http://freevlog.org
      > >
      > > Hope this was helpful, welcome to the community!
      > >
      > > Adam
      > > http://oneeyedview.com
      > >

      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jdluntjr@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Hi guys,
      > > >
      > > > I've been reading your posts for a while and I've decided to
      take
      > > the
      > > > plunge myself.
      > > >
      > > > I waited until I had a couple of posts. I'd appreciate any
      > > feedback you
      > > > can give me
      > > >
      > > > so that I can improve it.
      > > >
      > > > http://intheway.typepad.com/not_60_minutes/
      > > > <http://intheway.typepad.com/not_60_minutes/>
      > > >
      > > > Again,
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > > >
      > > > John
      > > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Joshua Kinberg
      Message 57 of 57 , Aug 1, 2006
        Looks like you got it working!
        I added it to the FireAnt directory listing:
        <http://fireant.tv/directory/channel/21221?>

        Also, you can customize your RSS feed image and description through FeedBurner.
        Lastly, if you're wondering how to get your video images to appear on
        FireAnt, we currently use a few methods to discover them (this is
        something we're working to improve, its actually a bit difficult):

        - If you use an image to link to the Enclosure URL in your blog entry
        then FireAnt will pick up that image. Currently there is a flaw in
        this though when you use FeedBurner's enclosure tracking option
        because it re-writes the enclosure URL, and then FireAnt cannot
        discover the enclosure link in your blog post...

        - If MeFeedia has generated images for your video, then FireAnt can
        get the image from MeFeedia through their API.

        We are workig to get around the FeedBurner issue and also to support
        MediaRSS thumbnail elements, though its pretty rare to see that
        element in use outside of Blip.tv. I wish there was a better way for
        FeedBurner to syndicate those thumbnail images too.

        -Josh

        http://FireAnt.tv