Re: [videoblogging] Re: Collaborations, rights a set of practial questions

  • Andreas Haugstrup
    Message 1 of 39 , Jul 31, 2006
      On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:20:06 +0200, Heath <heathparks@...> wrote:

      > What would be the best licience to use for collaborations and why?

      That depends a whole lot on each collaboration. For some nothing special
      is needed. Look at videoblogging week for example - one huge
      collaboration, but everyone posted their own works on their own blogs so
      it didn't matter what license were used.

      In many cases a custom agreement might be the easiest ("I'll send you this
      and you can use it to make a video for your blog").

      And then you may want to read through the different CC licenses (they are
      short and there's lot fo repeating between licenses, so it's not as bad as
      it sounds). Licenses with the ND clause are no good and licenses with the
      ShareAlike clause are generally unfit (because different ShareAlike
      licenses cannot be combined).

      You also may want to check out the sampling licenses although the
      restrictions probably make them unfit for most videoblog collaborations.

      > Would people be willing to "give" their clips to a project if it was to
      > be used non commericaly? (of course this could lead to further
      > questions such as what if a video became very popular and someone
      > wanted to "purchase" the video.....but lets just take it one question
      > at a time for the monment... ;) )

      Yes, I would. I would also make clips for commercial collaborations. But
      it all depends. :o)

      --
      Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
        I am not sure if there are any other collaborations than what we have
        listed.....and in most cases I would say that there is an
        understanding of what "rights" there are....the only one I see as
        murky is when someone comes up with an idea and says "who would like
        to do "x" and then those indivuduals film "x" for said
        person.......but I guess we will continue to cross those bridges when
        they come....

        Heath - The Batman Geek
        http://batmangeek7.blogspot.com