Re: [videoblogging] Re: Feedburner and Blip (problems)

  • David Meade
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
      On 7/1/06, Andreas Haugstrup <solitude@...> wrote:
      No. On GET requests servers are supposed to include a short hypertext link
      to the redirect location on a 302. Makes sense since you can run into user
      agents that don't understand the 302. Returning text/html along with a 302
      is perfectly normal no matter what lies behind the redirect.

      Ok good, thats what I thought.

      So Jessie, should I be concerned that one of my feedburner redirects is returning a video content-type when it fact its just point to yet another 302?

      This may verywell be whats causing one of the IE7beta3 error I'm seeing.  IE7beta3 has an auto-download enclosures feature for feeds, but on some feeds the QuickTime files download are getting corrupted "not a movie file" even though they are perfectly fine QT files.  If IE7 is getting a video content type on a redirect it might account for how it's managing to download something other than the valid movie file.

      I realize this is an IE bug not a feedburner one ... but maybe it would be best to return a text based content type on the redirects you offer?

      --
      http://www.DavidMeade.com
      feed:  http://www.DavidMeade.com/feed
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 1, 2006
        Interesting issue. I'll check with the team to see if anyone has
        already run into this or is working on investigating this.

        If it's not too much trouble, it would be a great help if you could
        post a specific example of this to our forums or email at
        feedback@... That way, we have a concrete example to start
        investigating right away.

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Meade" <meade.dave@...>