Re: post-vloggercon blues

  • Enric
    Message 1 of 107 , Jul 1 10:00 AM
      Related --

      http://campcamptahoe.pbwiki.com/FrontPage :

      CampCamp Tahoe

      When: July 14th - 16th
      Where: South Lake Tahoe with specific address coming soon.
      What's it look like:
      http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/vac/171494484.html

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Josh Wolf <inthecity@...> wrote:

      > Node101 is about teaching people how to vlog; vlog camp would be about
      > building community within the meetspace amongst people who are already
      > vlogging. Vlog camp would have no specific vlog-related agenda but
      might
      > have a few things set up as options such as hikes, mountain biking, you
      > know camping stuff.
      >
      > It would also be interesting, to do this in an area secluded enough
      that
      > we *don't* have cell phone access. I know that's a strange thought
      here,
      > but the idea I'm envisioning is to focus on these real-world
      connections
      > without the virtual space distractions.
      >
      > Josh
      >

      > Jay dedman wrote:
      > >
      > > > For two days, it was like there was this little pocket of people who
      > > > felt like it's own little village and that got me to thinking about
      > > > other approaches to vlog-gatherings and about Wine and Bar Camp;
      I don't
      > > > know exactly what either Wine or Bar Camp is, I mean, I get the
      beer &
      > > > wine part; it seems like some sort of experiment in building
      meet-space
      > > > community instigated by connections and similar interests
      online. I'm
      > > > not sure if that's what it is or not.
      > > > But how about vlog camp? We could send a few days just hanging out
      > > > shooting the shit, and shooting shit. It might be fun.
      > >
      > > this is exactly what we thought Node101 should become.
      > > instead of brick and motar spaces, Node101 is more like a vlog camp.
      > > see our documentation:
      > > http://node101.org/community <http://node101.org/community>
      > >
      > > we also raised 20,000$ at Vloggercon for seed money to help organize
      > > these events.
      > > so you wan to organize a big saturday event where people in your area
      > > come to learn to videoblog or show off their work?
      > > Node101 can through you 100$ to buy the pizza.
      > >
      > > check out how barcamp.org is doing it.
      > > its all self-organizing off a shared format.
      > >
      > > jay
      > >
      > > --
      > > Adventures in Videoblogging
      > > <http://www.momentshowing.net <http://www.momentshowing.net>>
      > > <http://FireAnt.tv <http://FireAnt.tv>>
      > > <http://node101.org <http://node101.org>>
      > > Cell: 917 371 6790

    • Devlon
      Message 107 of 107 , Jul 4 12:19 PM
        lol, um, different kind of cougar, not the biped kind.

        On 7/4/06, Brett Gaylor <brettgaylor@...> wrote:

        Then you need to spend sometime in the Okanagan Valley, it's not wilderness, although a cougar was cruising around the edge of town last year.

        Hey Devlon, just buy her a drink and she'll take off!

        hyuckyuckuckyuck

        --
        -------
        Brett Gaylor