Re: [videoblogging] Documenting Vloggercon

  • Tim D
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2006
      ...and the perfect way for all of us who weren't able to attend to live vicariously through all of you.  Sorry I missed out.  However, I doubt a conference has been more well documented!

      Tim

      ----------------------------
      realitysandwich.typepad.com
      wearethemedia.com

      On 6/30/06, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

      Charles Hope told me that there are currently 351 videos tagged
      "Vloggeron" on Blip TV.
      http://vloggercon.blip.tv/
      This is amazing to me, especially since we've all still working on
      editing video from the event.

      An event seen through many different eyes.

      Adventures in Videoblogging
      <http://www.momentshowing.net>
      <http://FireAnt.tv>
      <http://node101.org>
      Cell: 917 371 6790

    • Andreas Haugstrup
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1 12:44 AM
        On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 05:06:28 +0200, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...>
        wrote:

        > Charles Hope told me that there are currently 351 videos tagged
        > "Vloggeron" on Blip TV.
        > http://vloggercon.blip.tv/
        > This is amazing to me, especially since we've all still working on
        > editing video from the event.

        And believe it or not: Not everyone uses blip.tv...

        --
        Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
          http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/internet/06/30/world.cup.blogs.ap/index.html

          "It was four guys who stayed up late at night and (got) some random traffic," he said. "In 2006, they decided they wanted to do it right. They recreated the site, with 32 team blogs, and hired me as the managing editor."

          Unlike the blogs favored by the hordes of traditional media, which use content from paid staffers, The World Cup Blog uses volunteers to cover each country before, during and after the event.

          "These are all fans ... not journalists," he said. "They are just people who love the team. Some are in the country, some are scattered around the world."

          It also offers written and photo essays on fans and the 12 host cities as well as biting commentary about everything from the bikinis worn by female spectators to the hairstyles sported by some players.

          The above is exciting, about how a "Distributed Architecture" of bloggers is revolutionzing the way the World Cup is being reported over the Web.

          Ant-like ("Distributed Architecture") blogger/reporters are overcoming the Centralized Mainstream Media ("the Establishment")

          A software-vendor (I use his product for mobile-blogging, photo& video) is doing a test at the World Cup, I did a mini-test with him a couple months ago.  It can give real-time blogging to a website.

          Here is an obvious business-opportunity (just like Rocketboom), to get something going in "citizen Journalism".  My entire project the last year & half in Offroad Racing is live (& near-live) blogging..mobile-blogging & video-blogging, from remote-areas (Baja Mexico, rural Desert Southwest: California, Nevada, Arizona).  One idea is have Rocketboom have an arm, dedicated to niche-markets with dedicated mobile-bloggers & video-bloggers.  My project is about to get funded, lots of millionaires (1 of them is a billionaire, he took a company up to 100billion) floating around & funding my Proof of Concept & "opening doors" (giving me media-passes to do "media tests").  See http://www.jumplive.com/main.html

          Another market is Technical Conferences (video-podcasting as a Research/Education tool), I was just at a big-name Physics conference (Supersymmetry & Fundamental Interactions).  http://www.jumplive.com/susy06/index.html  They gave me verbal acknowledgement (by name at the conference) & linked to my 2 blog sites (mobile-blog for LiveWebCast, video-blog for Video-Podcast):

          http://susy06.textamerica.com

          http://susy06.blogspot.com

           from their main site

        • Mike Hudack
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1 9:01 AM
            Say it ain't so, Andreas!  :-D

            -mike

            wrote:

            > Charles Hope told me that there are currently 351 videos tagged
            > "Vloggeron" on Blip TV.
            > http://vloggercon.blip.tv/
            > This is amazing to me, especially since we've all still working on
            > editing video from the event.

            And believe it or not: Not everyone uses blip.tv...

            --
            Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen

          • Zenophon Abraham
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2 11:49 AM
              At least 9 of the 351 are mine. We need a Bay Area
              Vloggers Group....if there's not one already. I'm
              always late to the party!

              Zennie

              http://mail.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 2 12:24 PM
                On 7/2/06, Zenophon Abraham <thisiswar3005@...> wrote:
                > At least 9 of the 351 are mine. We need a Bay Area
                > Vloggers Group....if there's not one already. I'm
                > always late to the party!

                there isnt one yet....but feel free to email me off list.
                we should do this.

                jay

                --
                Adventures in Videoblogging
                <http://www.momentshowing.net>
                <http://FireAnt.tv>
                <http://node101.org>
                Cell: 917 371 6790
              • Ted Tagami
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 3 1:21 AM
                  I believe Josh Wolf started one up just this last week. There are no postings on it yet:
                  http://groups.google.com/group/SFvloggers

                  On 7/2/06, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

                  On 7/2/06, Zenophon Abraham <thisiswar3005@...> wrote:
                  > At least 9 of the 351 are mine. We need a Bay Area
                  > Vloggers Group....if there's not one already. I'm
                  > always late to the party!

                  there isnt one yet....but feel free to email me off list.
                  we should do this.

                  jay

                  --
                  Adventures in Videoblogging