series experiment

  • civanyi
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 23, 2006
      I have a short series posted online - ten 3 min shorts thus far. I am curious to get feedback
      from the group about whether or not the series is working. It's a very simple story about a
      young friend of mine, and a tree. Check them out, but please start with the first part and
      work your way through the series. I welcome feedback. Thanks!

      http//:cafesiena.blogspot.com
    • davecircumnavigator
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 23, 2006
        The link doesn't work. It's the correct one seems to be
        http://cafesiena.blogspot.com Typos. They creep in.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 23, 2006
          There was a typo in my message about typos. Anyway, I liked the way
          you cut to the landscape going by outside the car as you drove. It
          made for smooth transitions amid the narrated bits. For me there was
          suspense in what direction the tree fell. Your friend is so calm but
          he warns us twice about the tree falling in the wrong direction. When
          if fell with no problems I let out some breath. I felt a little bad
          for the tree.

          -David
          david@...
          www.captainhumphreys.com

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "davecircumnavigator"
          <david@...> wrote:

          > The link doesn't work. It's the correct one seems to be
          > http://cafesiena.blogspot.com Typos. They creep in.
          >
          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "civanyi" <civanyi@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have a short series posted online - ten 3 min shorts thus far. I
          > am curious to get feedback
          > > from the group about whether or not the series is working. It's a
          > very simple story about a
          > > young friend of mine, and a tree. Check them out, but please start
          > with the first part and
          > > work your way through the series. I welcome feedback. Thanks!
          > >
          > > http//:cafesiena.blogspot.com

        • Christopher Ivanyi
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 24, 2006
            Thanks David,

            Thanks for the feedback!

            I hope you catch more of the episodes.

            I am curious if the suspense thing sustains itself throughout the series.

            Best,
            Chris

            On 6/24/06, davecircumnavigator <david@...> wrote:
            > There was a typo in my message about typos. Anyway, I liked the way
            > you cut to the landscape going by outside the car as you drove. It
            > made for smooth transitions amid the narrated bits. For me there was
            > suspense in what direction the tree fell. Your friend is so calm but
            > he warns us twice about the tree falling in the wrong direction. When
            > if fell with no problems I let out some breath. I felt a little bad
            > for the tree.
            >
            > -David
            > david@...
            > www.captainhumphreys.com
            >
            > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "davecircumnavigator"
            > <david@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > The link doesn't work. It's the correct one seems to be
            > > http://cafesiena.blogspot.com Typos. They creep in.
            > >
            > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "civanyi" <civanyi@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I have a short series posted online - ten 3 min shorts thus far. I
            > > am curious to get feedback
            > > > from the group about whether or not the series is working. It's a
            > > very simple story about a
            > > > young friend of mine, and a tree. Check them out, but please start
            > > with the first part and
            > > > work your way through the series. I welcome feedback. Thanks!
            > > >
            > > > http//:cafesiena.blogspot.com

            Chris Ivanyi

            http://www.cafesiena.blogspot.com/
          • Christopher Ivanyi
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 30, 2006
              I've just posted the last in this series.  Check 'em out.

              cafe siena

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM

                   http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 30, 2006
                Well, I completed the series.

                On 6/24/06, Christopher Ivanyi < civanyi@...> wrote:
                Thanks David,

                Thanks for the feedback!

                I hope you catch more of the episodes.

                I am curious if the suspense thing sustains itself throughout the series.

                Best,
                Chris

                On 6/24/06, davecircumnavigator < david@...> wrote:
                > There was a typo in my message about typos.  Anyway, I liked the way
                > you cut to the landscape going by outside the car as you drove.  It
                > made for smooth transitions amid the narrated bits.  For me there was
                > suspense in what direction the tree fell.  Your friend is so calm but
                > he warns us twice about the tree falling in the wrong direction.  When
                > if fell with no problems I let out some breath.  I felt a little bad
                > for the tree.
                >
                > -David
                > david@...
                > www.captainhumphreys.com
                >
                > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "davecircumnavigator"
                > <david@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > The link doesn't work.  It's the correct one seems to be
                > > http://cafesiena.blogspot.com.  Typos.  They creep in.
                > >
                > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com , "civanyi" <civanyi@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I have a short series posted online - ten 3 min shorts thus far.  I
                > > am curious to get feedback
                > > > from the group about whether or not the series is working.  It's a
                > > very simple story about a
                > > > young friend of mine, and a tree.  Check them out, but please start
                > > with the first part and
                > > > work your way through the series.  I welcome feedback.  Thanks!
                > > >
                > > > http//:cafesiena.blogspot.com

                > Something is new at Yahoo! Groups.  Check out the enhanced email design.
                > http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/lBLqlB/TM

                >     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                --
                Chris Ivanyi

                http://www.cafesiena.blogspot.com/

                --
                Chris Ivanyi

                http://www.cafesiena.blogspot.com/
              • Jan
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 1, 2006
                  Hey, Christopher,

                  Congrats on executing your idea in full. Your subject was compelling, the
                  fellow cutting the tree charismatic and easy to watch. Liked the quality of
                  the video in all respects, color, compression, editing.

                  The thing is, once I figured out that your intention was string me along, I
                  waited for & skipped to the end. An overreaction to being manipulated as
                  with soap operas.

                  My attention span in this medium is limited. I prefer folks to get to the
                  point - even if there is no point or resolution.

                  A more realistic test would be whether regular subscribers would watch all
                  the vids through to the end.

                  What I would like to see is those 3 10-minute pieces edited down to 3
                  minutes, and how that would play.

                  Best,
                  Jan

                  --