Re: [videoblogging] World Cup during Vloggercon

  • Deirdre Straughan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
      Since it's the US team, that game will certainly be broadcast in the US. I imagine the whole thing will be broadcast on some ESPN channel or other.

      On 6/1/06, Charles HOPE <charles@...> wrote:
      Unfortunately the World Cup is starting during Vloggercon!  I don't know what we can do about the games that are ongoing during the conference, but are you Europeans going to be around on Monday morning?  9 a.m. California time, Team USA will squeak past the Czech Republic. I'm wondering where we can catch that game.

      Fireant Individual Typepad
      Use Explains

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      --
      best regards,
      Deirdré Straughan

      www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
      www.tvblob.com (work)
    • Charles HOPE

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
          I'll keep my eyes peeled, Chas. World Cup or bust.

          On Jun 2, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Charles HOPE wrote:

          > That's true.  Now I just need to find a venue that will show it...
          >
          > Deirdre Straughan wrote:Since it's the US team, that game will
          > certainly be broadcast in the US. I imagine the whole thing will be
          > broadcast on some ESPN channel or other.
          >>
          >> On 6/1/06, Charles HOPE <charles@...> wrote: Unfortunately the
          >> World Cup is starting during Vloggercon!  I don't know what we can do
          >> about the games that are ongoing during the conference, but are you
          >> Europeans going to be around on Monday morning?  9 a.m. California
          >> time, Team USA will squeak past the Czech Republic. I'm wondering
          >> where we can catch that game.

          >>> Fireant
          >>> Individual
          >>> Typepad
          >>> Use
          >>> Explains
          >>>
          >>> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >>>
          >>> ▪  Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.
          >>>
          >>> ▪  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          >>>
          >>> ▪  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
          >>> Service .
          >>>

          >> --
          >> best regards,
          >> Deirdré Straughan
          >>
          >> www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
          >> www.tvblob.com (work)

          > Fireant
          > Individual
          > Typepad
          > Use
          > Explains
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >
          > ▪  Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

          > Service.

        • Brett Gaylor
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
            Personally concerned about the STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS.

            Go oilers.
            Bret

            On 6/2/06, Jan McLaughlin <jannie.jan@...> wrote:
            I'll keep my eyes peeled, Chas. World Cup or bust.

            On Jun 2, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Charles HOPE wrote:

            >  That's true. Now I just need to find a venue that will show it...
            >
            >  Deirdre Straughan wrote:Since it's the US team, that game will
            > certainly be broadcast in the US. I imagine the whole thing will be
            > broadcast on some ESPN channel or other.
            >>
            >> On 6/1/06, Charles HOPE <charles@... > wrote: Unfortunately the
            >> World Cup is starting during Vloggercon! I don't know what we can do
            >> about the games that are ongoing during the conference, but are you
            >> Europeans going to be around on Monday morning? 9 a.m. California
            >> time, Team USA will squeak past the Czech Republic. I'm wondering
            >> where we can catch that game.

            >>> Fireant
            >>> Individual
            >>> Typepad
            >>> Use

            --
            -------
            Brett Gaylor
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
              I hope this means you'll join me for 9 a.m. pint of beer as we toast the American victory.

              Jan McLaughlin wrote:
              I'll keep my eyes peeled, Chas. World Cup or bust.

              On Jun 2, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Charles HOPE wrote:

              That's true.  Now I just need to find a venue that will show it...

              Deirdre Straughan wrote:Since it's the US team, that game will certainly be broadcast in the US. I imagine the whole thing will be broadcast on some ESPN channel or other.

[...]

            • Sam Arcand
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 3, 2006
                Go Oilers go here too! Just don't trash Whyte Ave again. What they showed on
                TV was tame compared to what was happening further down the block