My slow loading QT video

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      I am using Verdi's 3ivx/QT Pro compression process and getting great
      results, compressing my 3 minute 60meg .mov file down to 7-10megs on
      average. Question is, my QT vids are taking a long time to load
      online, should I be trying to compress them even smaller? What
      options should I consider when trying to improve QT video load time
      online?
    • David Meade
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
        Are you sure you selected the "Fast Start" option when creating your
        movie? This will let the video play while its downloading ...
        otherwise it has to load the whole thing first.

        On 6/1/06, Steve <steve_nesmith@...> wrote:
        > I am using Verdi's 3ivx/QT Pro compression process and getting great
        > results, compressing my 3 minute 60meg .mov file down to 7-10megs on
        > average. Question is, my QT vids are taking a long time to load
        > online, should I be trying to compress them even smaller? What
        > options should I consider when trying to improve QT video load time
        > online?

        http://www.DavidMeade.com
        feed: http://www.DavidMeade.com/feed
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
          Thanks David for responding. Yes, I am utilizing the fast-start
          feature, and my vids are trying to start but being held back by the
          slow loading. I follow Verdi's tutorial to the letter. Should I
          compress further? Is the host server often the culprit? Hoping to
          get feedback from the vlog veterans in this group. Help a rookie
          thats attending Vloggercon!

          -------------------

          Are you sure you selected the "Fast Start" option when creating your
          movie? This will let the video play while its downloading ...
          otherwise it has to load the whole thing first.

          On 6/1/06, Steve <steve_nesmith@...> wrote:
          > I am using Verdi's 3ivx/QT Pro compression process and getting
          great
          > results, compressing my 3 minute 60meg .mov file down to 7-10megs
          on
          > average. Question is, my QT vids are taking a long time to load
          > online, should I be trying to compress them even smaller? What
          > options should I consider when trying to improve QT video load time
          > online?
        • David Meade
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
            I think your compression is ok as is. Is there a URL we can check out
            to see the problem in action?

            - Dave