World Cup during Vloggercon

  • Charles HOPE
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
      Unfortunately the World Cup is starting during Vloggercon!  I don't know what we can do about the games that are ongoing during the conference, but are you Europeans going to be around on Monday morning?  9 a.m. California time, Team USA will squeak past the Czech Republic. I'm wondering where we can catch that game.
    • Deirdre Straughan
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
        Since it's the US team, that game will certainly be broadcast in the US. I imagine the whole thing will be broadcast on some ESPN channel or other.

        On 6/1/06, Charles HOPE <charles@...> wrote:
        Unfortunately the World Cup is starting during Vloggercon!  I don't know what we can do about the games that are ongoing during the conference, but are you Europeans going to be around on Monday morning?  9 a.m. California time, Team USA will squeak past the Czech Republic. I'm wondering where we can catch that game.

        Fireant Individual Typepad
        Use Explains

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        --
        best regards,
        Deirdré Straughan

        www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
        www.tvblob.com (work)
      • Charles HOPE

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
            I'll keep my eyes peeled, Chas. World Cup or bust.

            On Jun 2, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Charles HOPE wrote:

            > That's true.  Now I just need to find a venue that will show it...
            >
            > Deirdre Straughan wrote:Since it's the US team, that game will
            > certainly be broadcast in the US. I imagine the whole thing will be
            > broadcast on some ESPN channel or other.
            >>
            >> On 6/1/06, Charles HOPE <charles@...> wrote: Unfortunately the
            >> World Cup is starting during Vloggercon!  I don't know what we can do
            >> about the games that are ongoing during the conference, but are you
            >> Europeans going to be around on Monday morning?  9 a.m. California
            >> time, Team USA will squeak past the Czech Republic. I'm wondering
            >> where we can catch that game.

            >>> Fireant
            >>> Individual
            >>> Typepad
            >>> Use
            >>> Explains
            >>>
            >>> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >>>
            >>> ▪  Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.
            >>>
            >>> ▪  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
            >>>
            >>> ▪  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
            >>> Service .
            >>>

            >> --
            >> best regards,
            >> Deirdré Straughan
            >>
            >> www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
            >> www.tvblob.com (work)

            > Fireant
            > Individual
            > Typepad
            > Use
            > Explains
            >
            > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >
            > ▪  Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

            > Service.

          • Brett Gaylor
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
              Personally concerned about the STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS.

              Go oilers.
              Bret

              On 6/2/06, Jan McLaughlin <jannie.jan@...> wrote:
              I'll keep my eyes peeled, Chas. World Cup or bust.

              On Jun 2, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Charles HOPE wrote:

              >  That's true. Now I just need to find a venue that will show it...
              >
              >  Deirdre Straughan wrote:Since it's the US team, that game will
              > certainly be broadcast in the US. I imagine the whole thing will be
              > broadcast on some ESPN channel or other.
              >>
              >> On 6/1/06, Charles HOPE <charles@... > wrote: Unfortunately the
              >> World Cup is starting during Vloggercon! I don't know what we can do
              >> about the games that are ongoing during the conference, but are you
              >> Europeans going to be around on Monday morning? 9 a.m. California
              >> time, Team USA will squeak past the Czech Republic. I'm wondering
              >> where we can catch that game.

              >>> Fireant
              >>> Individual
              >>> Typepad
              >>> Use

              --
              -------
              Brett Gaylor
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
                I hope this means you'll join me for 9 a.m. pint of beer as we toast the American victory.

                Jan McLaughlin wrote:
                I'll keep my eyes peeled, Chas. World Cup or bust.

                On Jun 2, 2006, at 4:50 PM, Charles HOPE wrote:

                That's true.  Now I just need to find a venue that will show it...

                Deirdre Straughan wrote:Since it's the US team, that game will certainly be broadcast in the US. I imagine the whole thing will be broadcast on some ESPN channel or other.

                On 6/1/06, Charles HOPE <charles@...> wrote: Unfortunately the World Cup is starting during Vloggercon!  I don't know what we can do about the games that are ongoing during the conference, but are you Europeans going to be around on Monday morning?  9 a.m. California time, Team USA will squeak past the Czech Republic. I'm wondering where we can catch that game.

                Fireant
                Individual
                Typepad
                Use
                Explains

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                 Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

                best regards,
                Deirdré Straughan

                www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
                www.tvblob.com (work)

                Fireant
                Individual
                Typepad
                Use
                Explains

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                 Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

              • Sam Arcand
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 3, 2006
                  Go Oilers go here too! Just don't trash Whyte Ave again. What they showed on
                  TV was tame compared to what was happening further down the block