Sick of the sexism

  • Brittany Shoot
    Message 1 of 83 , May 10, 2006
      I'm pretty angry, but please take this in the spirit in which it is intended.

      I made a video about how the sexist comments on this listserv made me
      feel. It's not all in fun, and having just joined the list after
      resisting for months, I know why I was warned not to bother with this
      "conversation" at all. I'll keep my subscription, but I'll probably
      female who emailed me to alert me to today's dose of bullshit.

      Go watch this:
      http://modernfeminist.blogspot.com/2006/05/sexism-in-vlogosphere.html

      And thank you to all of the men and women who tried to put a stop to
      all of this. It mostly amazes me what will be said when you know
      countless people will read these emails...but I guess if you're so
      unaware that you're being sexist, you may not care.

      See you at VloggerCon, where I'll be discussing inclusion in the
      vlogosphere...or lack thereof.

      Brittany
      http://bshoot.blogspot.com
      http://modernfeminist.blogspot.com
    • Paul Knight
      Message 83 of 83 , May 13, 2006
        Well put Rachel, this is one six year old who recently lost his teddy and his dummy is nowhere to be found, I hope there will be nappy changing facilities at Vloggercon.

        On 13 May 2006, at 11:28, Rachel Knight wrote:

        Ok, read most of the thread on sexism now (up to 7pm 11 May), getting
        bored now.  But interesting discussion.

        I have noticed in this group that discussion can become very heated,
        and personalities become offended.

        Video bloggers are by nature creative people, otherwise they would
        not be participating in this hobby.  It takes creativity to decide to
        film something, edit it, and give it an angle, and then make it
        public.  And of course, creative people tend to be emotionally
        sensitive, fiery and have strong opinions.  This has made for some
        very good discussions in this group.  We have a group of opinionated
        self obsessed six year olds, who fall out in a bit way when someone
        looks at someone else wrong.  I love it.  You guys and gals are all
        wonderful, and these big discussions are as entertaining as many of
        your vlogs.  I need to find a way of taking these, and turning them
        into a vlog of my own, allowing for the hairy copyright issues of
        using the ideas/thoughts of many people.

        Need to think about it.  And of course I am not as much a vlogger as
        many of you, I only make a vlog occasionally.  I do not pretend to be
        up there in the heights.  But thanks for the discussion.

        Alternative Kitten

        Fireant Individual Use
        Explains

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS