Re: [videoblogging] Help needed in DC to edit an interview

  • Melanie Morgan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
      Hi Vincent,

      Since I'm in NYC I won't be able to help you with your interview, but I
      would like to let you know about my site, The New Media Collective,
      which serves as an information resource and social network for people
      of color in the blogosphere. Please check it out
      (http://newmediacollective.org) and add yourself to our Directory. I'll
      definitely be talking about you guys and what you're doing.

      I visited your site and noticed everything was Flash-based with no way
      to subscribe via RSS. Do you plan to provide any other video formats
      like QuickTime in the future so people can download your vids in
      FireAnt or iTunes?

      If you'd prefer not to answer here, you can email me off list at
      melanie [at] newmediacollective [dot] org. I look forward to hearing
      from you soon.

      Peace & Love,
      Melanie Morgan

      The New Media Collective
      It's a WE thing!

      On Apr 1, 2006, at 11:38 AM, njorogevn wrote:

      > Is there anyone located in DC or nearby who can help me edit an
      > interview today? My partner who edits (and equipment) are in Kenya,
      > where we usually create the content, but I scored an interview in DC
      > with a Kenyan personality in town and need help editing and
      > compressing.
      >
      > Any help would be appreciated,
      > Vincent Njoroge Ndonye
      > www.kenyamoto.com (a daily show type vlog from Kenya)
      > PS: it is on 3 miniDV tapes; 15min interview, 30min speech.

      > Individual
      > Fireant
      > Use
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      > ▪  Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

      > Service.

    • Vincent Njoroge Ndonye
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
        Thanks Melanie!
        I will add the site to your directory. I have visited and recommended your site to my new media friends in NYC! It is an excellent site!
        We will return the RSS feed that we had earlier and will also provide a weekly mpeg4 downloadable format soon.

        thanks again, BTW I found someone to help on craigslist! Crisis averted.
        Vincent

        --
        regards,
        vincent.njoroge.ndonye
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
          > I have visited and recommended your site to my new media friends in
          > NYC! It is an excellent site!

          Thanks for the kind words, Vincent. And the referrals. Always glad to
          have new visitors.

          > We will return the RSS feed that we had earlier and will also provide
          > a weekly mpeg4 downloadable format soon.

          Glad to know this. Now even more people will have access to your shows.

          > I found someone to help on craigslist! Crisis averted.

          Good news! What did we ever do before Craigslist? :-)

          > I will add the site to your directory.

          Can't wait to get you up there.

          Later,
          Melanie
        • leslye penelope
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2006
            Just saw this today so I'm not sure if you still need editing help, but for the future, I'm just outside of DC!

            Cheers,
            Leslye

            http://www.phatalspin.com/vlog