Help needed in DC to edit an interview

  • njorogevn
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
      Is there anyone located in DC or nearby who can help me edit an
      interview today? My partner who edits (and equipment) are in Kenya,
      where we usually create the content, but I scored an interview in DC
      with a Kenyan personality in town and need help editing and compressing.

      Any help would be appreciated,
      Vincent Njoroge Ndonye
      www.kenyamoto.com (a daily show type vlog from Kenya)
      PS: it is on 3 miniDV tapes; 15min interview, 30min speech.
    • Melanie Morgan
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
        Hi Vincent,

        Since I'm in NYC I won't be able to help you with your interview, but I
        would like to let you know about my site, The New Media Collective,
        which serves as an information resource and social network for people
        of color in the blogosphere. Please check it out
        (http://newmediacollective.org) and add yourself to our Directory. I'll
        definitely be talking about you guys and what you're doing.

        I visited your site and noticed everything was Flash-based with no way
        to subscribe via RSS. Do you plan to provide any other video formats
        like QuickTime in the future so people can download your vids in
        FireAnt or iTunes?

        If you'd prefer not to answer here, you can email me off list at
        melanie [at] newmediacollective [dot] org. I look forward to hearing
        from you soon.

        Peace & Love,
        Melanie Morgan

        The New Media Collective
        It's a WE thing!

        On Apr 1, 2006, at 11:38 AM, njorogevn wrote:

        > Is there anyone located in DC or nearby who can help me edit an
        > interview today? My partner who edits (and equipment) are in Kenya,
        > where we usually create the content, but I scored an interview in DC
        > with a Kenyan personality in town and need help editing and
        > compressing.
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated,
        > Vincent Njoroge Ndonye
        > www.kenyamoto.com (a daily show type vlog from Kenya)
        > PS: it is on 3 miniDV tapes; 15min interview, 30min speech.

        > Individual
        > Fireant
        > Use
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > ▪  Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

        > Service.

      • Vincent Njoroge Ndonye
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
          Thanks Melanie!
          I will add the site to your directory. I have visited and recommended your site to my new media friends in NYC! It is an excellent site!
          We will return the RSS feed that we had earlier and will also provide a weekly mpeg4 downloadable format soon.

          thanks again, BTW I found someone to help on craigslist! Crisis averted.
          Vincent

          --
          regards,
          vincent.njoroge.ndonye
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2006
            > I have visited and recommended your site to my new media friends in
            > NYC! It is an excellent site!

            Thanks for the kind words, Vincent. And the referrals. Always glad to
            have new visitors.

            > We will return the RSS feed that we had earlier and will also provide
            > a weekly mpeg4 downloadable format soon.

            Glad to know this. Now even more people will have access to your shows.

            > I found someone to help on craigslist! Crisis averted.

            Good news! What did we ever do before Craigslist? :-)

            > I will add the site to your directory.

            Can't wait to get you up there.

            Later,
            Melanie
          • leslye penelope
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2006
              Just saw this today so I'm not sure if you still need editing help, but for the future, I'm just outside of DC!

              Cheers,
              Leslye

              http://www.phatalspin.com/vlog