vPIP 0.13 Beta is out

  • Enric
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
      New in 0.13 Beta Release
      ------------------------
      - The "Generate vPIP vPIP HTML code" utility is incorporated in
      Wordpress. It's available from the blue "vPIP" button below the text
      box when writing a post.

      - Multiple video formats can be included in one vPIP entry. A
      links for a combination of quicktime, windows media and flash videos
      will activate in the same vPIP entry.

      vPIP Install and Usage page
      ---------------------------
      http://utilities.cinegage.com/videos-playing-in-place

      What is vPIP?
      -------------
      vPIP (videos Playing In Place) allows the embedding of videos only
      when a link, usually image representing the video, is clicked. This
      allows a vlog page to load quickly. Then when the link is clicked,
      the video replaces the link and appears next to the blog text. vPIP
      supports Quicktime, Windows Media and Flash movies.

      vPIP is a javascript program available for all blogging and website
      systems and a Wordpress plugin.

      -- Enric
      -======-
      http://www.cirne.com
    • Michael Meiser
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
        Sweet plugin Enric. I know I've been quiet, but when I talk about the
        need for independant, open source development to extend the video
        blogging platform and make vlogging more accessible to everyone. This
        is exactly what I mean. Wordpress in particular is an excellent
        place to start.

        BTW, did you catch the Wordpress "podpress" plugin. I realized after
        I posted it that there had already been some lite discussion of it.
        But I haven't heard a peep from anyone who's tried it in the vlog
        community. They've discussed it heavily on the podcasting yahoo group.

        BTW, sorry it's taking so long to get spreadthemedia.org going.
        We're all very busy people, but someday soon we'll have a wikiesque
        directory of open source projects... It just takes time.

        Peace,

        -Mike

        On Apr 1, 2006, at 10:58 AM, Enric wrote:

        > New in 0.13 Beta Release
        > ------------------------
        > - The "Generate vPIP vPIP HTML code" utility is incorporated in
        > Wordpress. It's available from the blue "vPIP" button below the text
        > box when writing a post.
        >
        > - Multiple video formats can be included in one vPIP entry. A
        > links for a combination of quicktime, windows media and flash videos
        > will activate in the same vPIP entry.
        >
        > vPIP Install and Usage page
        > ---------------------------
        > http://utilities.cinegage.com/videos-playing-in-place
        >
        > What is vPIP?
        > -------------
        > vPIP (videos Playing In Place) allows the embedding of videos only
        > when a link, usually image representing the video, is clicked. This
        > allows a vlog page to load quickly. Then when the link is clicked,
        > the video replaces the link and appears next to the blog text. vPIP
        > supports Quicktime, Windows Media and Flash movies.
        >
        > vPIP is a javascript program available for all blogging and website
        > systems and a Wordpress plugin.
        >
        > -- Enric
        > -======-
        > http://www.cirne.com
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Enric
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
          Thanks, Michael.

          I haven't use podpress yet. I've heard a bit about it and looked at
          their site. Sometime later I'll drive it around the block.

          ;),

          Enric

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Meiser