Re: big announcement

  • Enric
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
      Cool, party on Meefedia team.

      :)

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
      <petervandijck@...> wrote:

      > And don't forget Devlon and Mike - they are crucial to the success of
      > Mefeedia and I always forget to mention them.
      >
      > Peter
      >
      > On 4/1/06, Enric <enric@...> wrote:
      > > Congratulations Peter and Meefedia!!!
      > >
      > > -- Enric
      > > -======-
      > > http://www.cirne.com
      > >
      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
      > > <petervandijck@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
      > > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
      > > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
      > > >
      > > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
      > > >
      > > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and
      I'll talk
      > > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
      > > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze
      (from
      > > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
      > > >
      > > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
      > > > importance of a good directory that is focused on
      *videobloggers*, and
      > > > Lucas is totally with that.
      > > >
      > > > Cheers,
      > > > Peter
      > > > --
      > > > http://mefeedia.com
      > > >
      > > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed
      improvements.
      > > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
      > > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
      > > > Wednesday.
      > > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Peter Van Dijck
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
        Yea, we were thinking about doing something in New York, but as you
        can imagine we're very very busy right now.. maybe in a week or two..
        you'll all be invited of course.

        Peter

        On 4/1/06, Enric <enric@...> wrote:
        > Cool, party on Meefedia team.
        >
        > :)
        >
        > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
        > <petervandijck@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > And don't forget Devlon and Mike - they are crucial to the success of
        > > Mefeedia and I always forget to mention them.
        > >
        > > Peter
        > >
        > > On 4/1/06, Enric <enric@...> wrote:
        > > > Congratulations Peter and Meefedia!!!
        > > >
        > > > -- Enric
        > > > -======-
        > > > http://www.cirne.com
        > > >
        > > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"

        > I'll talk
        > (from

        > *videobloggers*, and

        > improvements.
        > > > >

        > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Markus Sandy
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
          Great news!
          Congrats you guys.

          Working with Lucas.  That's the icing on the cake if you ask me.
          That sounds like fun.

          Man, I'm getting more impressed with Yahoo's thinking all the time.

          markus

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --

          Markus Sandy

          http://apperceptions.org
          http://spinflow.org
        • johngaltsjournal
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
            That rocks!! Congrats!!!

            Drinks are on Peter!!

            schlomo
            http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
            http://vloggercon.com

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck" <petervandijck@...> wrote:

            > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
            > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
            > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
            >
            > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
            >
            > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
            > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
            > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
            > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
            >
            > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
            > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
            > Lucas is totally with that.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Peter
            > --
            > http://mefeedia.com
            >
            > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
            > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
            > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
            > Wednesday.

          • André Sala

              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                I fess up.

                April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.

                I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                truth.

                Back to the usual programming!
                Peter
                --
                http://mefeedia.com

                On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                > Congrats! Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools though... :)
                >

                > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                > >
                > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                >
                > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                >
                > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                >
                > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                > Lucas is totally with that.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > Peter
                > --
                > http://mefeedia.com
                >
                > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                > Wednesday.

                > ________________________________

              • Enric
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                  Hehe...you rascal!

                  <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                  > OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                  > I fess up.
                  >
                  > April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.
                  >
                  > I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                  > congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                  > truth.
                  >
                  > Back to the usual programming!
                  > Peter
                  > --
                  > http://mefeedia.com
                  >
                  > On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                  > > Congrats! Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools
                  though... :)

                  > > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                  > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                  > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                  > >
                  > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                  > >
                  > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                  > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                  > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                  > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                  > >
                  > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                  > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                  > > Lucas is totally with that.
                  > >
                  > > Cheers,
                  > > Peter
                  > > --
                  > > http://mefeedia.com
                  > >
                  > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                  > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                  > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                  > > Wednesday.

                  > > ________________________________

                • David Meade
                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                    bah!

                    On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@...> wrote:
                    OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                    I fess up.

                    April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.

                    I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                    congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                    truth.

                    Back to the usual programming!
                    Peter
                    --
                    http://mefeedia.com

                    On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                    >  Congrats!  Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools though... :)
                    >

                    > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                    > >
                    > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                    > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                    > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                    >
                    > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                    >
                    > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                    > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there.  I
                    > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                    > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                    >
                    > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                    > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                    > Lucas is totally with that.
                    >
                    > Cheers,
                    > Peter
                    > --
                    > http://mefeedia.com
                    >
                    > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                    > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                    > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                    > Wednesday.

                    >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    --
                    http://www.DavidMeade.com
                    feed:  http://www.DavidMeade.com/feed
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
                      <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                      CONGRATS PETER...
                      Hopefully, this isn't an April Fools Joke? :)

                      JDonnelly
                      Dummycast.com
                      Madpod.com
                      Petsonboard.com
                      TechY2.com

                      > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                      > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                      > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                      >
                      > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                      >
                      > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                      > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                      > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                      > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                      >
                      > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                      > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                      > Lucas is totally with that.
                      >
                      > Cheers,
                      > Peter
                      > --
                      > http://mefeedia.com
                      >
                      > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                      > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                      > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                      > Wednesday.

                    • Peter Van Dijck
                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                        So yes, it *is* an April's fools joke.

                        Sorry!

                        On 4/1/06, JADonnelly <videotv@...> wrote:
                        > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
                        > <petervandijck@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > CONGRATS PETER...
                        > Hopefully, this isn't an April Fools Joke? :)
                        >
                        > JDonnelly
                        > Dummycast.com
                        > Madpod.com
                        > Petsonboard.com
                        > TechY2.com
                        >

                        > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                        > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                        > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                        > >
                        > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                        > >
                        > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                        > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                        > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                        > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                        > >
                        > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                        > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                        > > Lucas is totally with that.
                        > >
                        > > Cheers,
                        > > Peter
                        > > --
                        > > http://mefeedia.com
                        > >
                        > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                        > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                        > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                        > > Wednesday.
                        > >

                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • johngaltsjournal
                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                          Whatever... You still have to buy the drinks!

                          schlomo
                          http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
                          http://vloggercon.com

                          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck" <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                          > OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                          > I fess up.
                          >
                          > April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.
                          >
                          > I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                          > congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                          > truth.
                          >
                          > Back to the usual programming!
                          > Peter
                          > --
                          > http://mefeedia.com
                          >
                          > On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                          > > Congrats! Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools though... :)
                          > >

                          > > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                          > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                          > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                          > >
                          > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                          > >
                          > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                          > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                          > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                          > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                          > >
                          > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                          > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                          > > Lucas is totally with that.
                          > >
                          > > Cheers,
                          > > Peter
                          > > --
                          > > http://mefeedia.com
                          > >
                          > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                          > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                          > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                          > > Wednesday.

                          > > ________________________________

                        • Michael Sullivan
                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                            Ha!  Peter, I started to write the same exact message 2 days ago as a pre-April fools joke.
                            i didnt send it though.

                            On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@...> wrote:
                            OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                            I fess up.

                            April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.

                            I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                            congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                            truth.

                            Back to the usual programming!
                            Peter
                            --
                            http://mefeedia.com

                            On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                            >  Congrats!  Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools though... :)
                            >

                            > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                            > >
                            > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                            > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                            > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                            >
                            > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                            >
                            > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                            > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there.  I
                            > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                            > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                            >
                            > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                            > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                            > Lucas is totally with that.
                            >
                            > Cheers,
                            > Peter
                            > --
                            > http://mefeedia.com
                            >
                            > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                            > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                            > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                            > Wednesday.

                            >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            --
                            Sull
                            http://vlogdir.com
                            http://SpreadTheMedia.org
                          • Peter Van Dijck
                            Message 13 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                              Vlogdir got bought by Yahoo! Yey!

                              On 4/1/06, Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...> wrote:
                              > Ha! Peter, I started to write the same exact message 2 days ago as a
                              > pre-April fools joke.
                              > i didnt send it though.
                              >

                              > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                              > I fess up.
                              >
                              > April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.
                              >
                              > I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                              > congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                              > truth.
                              >
                              > Back to the usual programming!
                              > Peter
                              > --
                              > http://mefeedia.com
                              >
                              > On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                              > > Congrats! Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools though...
                              > :)
                              > >

                              > > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                              > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                              > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                              > >
                              > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                              > >
                              > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                              > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                              > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                              > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                              > >
                              > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                              > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                              > > Lucas is totally with that.
                              > >
                              > > Cheers,
                              > > Peter
                              > > --
                              > > http://mefeedia.com
                              > >
                              > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                              > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                              > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                              > > Wednesday.

                              > Sull
                              > http://vlogdir.com
                              > http://SpreadTheMedia.org

                              > ________________________________

                            • Andy Carvin
                              Message 14 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                I had a sneaky feeling you were screwing with us, particularly when I
                                searched for mefeedia on Google News and Technorati and couldn't find
                                any coverage of it. (btw, when I searched for it on Technorati, all
                                the google ads on the page had to do with killing fire ants:

                                * Tired of Fire Ants? Control fire ants in your lawn for one full
                                year with one treatment. www.nofireants.com
                                * Terminix - Fire Ant Terminix offers guaranteed pest control
                                services for your home and business. Visit Terminix.com to learn about
                                controlling various pests. Safeguard your home - schedule a free
                                evaluation. www.terminix.com
                                * Fire Ant Killer Bait Wipe out ants safely and completely in 3
                                days. It is safe to human, animals and poultry. This pest control
                                product comes with risk-free, 100% money-back guarantee.
                                www.firstpestcontrol.com

                                Not exactly fireANT, are they? Got a nice laugh out of that.

                                andy carvin
                                www.andycarvin.com

                                <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                                > OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                                > I fess up.
                                >
                                > April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.
                                >
                                > I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                                > congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                                > truth.
                                >
                                > Back to the usual programming!
                                > Peter
                                > --
                                > http://mefeedia.com
                                >
                                > On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                                > > Congrats! Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools
                                though... :)

                                > > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                                > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                                > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                                > >
                                > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                                > >
                                > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                                > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                                > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                                > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                                > >
                                > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                                > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                                > > Lucas is totally with that.
                                > >
                                > > Cheers,
                                > > Peter
                                > > --
                                > > http://mefeedia.com
                                > >
                                > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                                > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                                > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                                > > Wednesday.

                                > > ________________________________

                              • Joshua Kinberg
                                Message 15 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                  Yep, those ads show up on my Flickr page too.

                                  Anybody wanna donate some money to us so we can outbid the
                                  exterminators for the keywords?

                                  :-)

                                  -Josh

                                  http://FireAnt.tv

                                • Michael Meiser
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                    LOL! You mean videoblogging isn't a subset of pest control?

                                    One day I want to see a commercial parody of the now famous "cat
                                    hearders" commercial...

                                    Fireant, Vlogdir, Mefeedia, Blip, Ourmedia, place your company name
                                    here....

                                    We make wrangle yer' videos so you don't have to.

                                    Yeeehaa!

                                    Head em up! Move em out!

                                    LOL

                                    Also, I'm still sort of hoping at the end of the day I can write a
                                    blog post about all the companies Yahoo bought today. Nothing would
                                    please me more than to have gigantic list. Hint, Hint. ;)

                                    BTW, You do realize this is a common theme. Last year there were a
                                    number of them. If my memory serves me correctly among others I think
                                    it was Weblogs Inc. or Engadget who started a rumor that they got
                                    bought out by yahoo for April fools.

                                    I really enjoyed catching up on this thread.

                                    We need more yahoos on the web. Not Yahoo!, but the type of crazy
                                    yahoo's that make meta and media wranglin' startups. Aggregators, to
                                    search engines, to hosting companies, to open source vlogging
                                    platforms and plugins.

                                    Last time I guestimated there were no less that 30 or 40 video
                                    sharing services and yet there's still not enough of the right kind.
                                    I've completely lost track, but the important ones are the vlogorific
                                    ones, and there's only a small handful of those.

                                    Cheers to vlog services and above all to the vloggers who make it all
                                    that make it all worth while.

                                    -Mike

                                  • Casey McKinnon
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                      I feel like such a fool...

                                      Casey

                                      <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                                      > So yes, it *is* an April's fools joke.
                                      >
                                      > Sorry!
                                      >
                                      > On 4/1/06, JADonnelly <videotv@...> wrote:
                                      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
                                      > > <petervandijck@> wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > CONGRATS PETER...
                                      > > Hopefully, this isn't an April Fools Joke? :)
                                      > >
                                      > > JDonnelly
                                      > > Dummycast.com
                                      > > Madpod.com
                                      > > Petsonboard.com
                                      > > TechY2.com
                                      > >

                                      > > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                                      > > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                                      > > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and
                                      I'll talk
                                      > > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                                      > > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze
                                      (from
                                      > > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                                      > > > importance of a good directory that is focused on
                                      *videobloggers*, and
                                      > > > Lucas is totally with that.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Cheers,
                                      > > > Peter
                                      > > > --
                                      > > > http://mefeedia.com
                                      > > >
                                      > > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed
                                      improvements.
                                      > > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                                      > > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                                      > > > Wednesday.
                                      > > >

                                      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                    • Michael Sullivan
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                        truth is, Apple offered to buy me for a year and absorb vlogdir.
                                        not yahoo.  i'd prefer open yahoo over closed crApple!
                                        thats what i told them and that was the end of that.

                                        5 years ago on April 1st, i joined a company that was a subsidiary of Clear Channel.
                                        As it turned out, THAT was my Fools day.

                                      • Pete Prodoehl
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Apr 2, 2006
                                          Markus Sandy wrote:
                                          > Great news! Congrats you guys.
                                          > Working with Lucas. That's the icing on the cake if you ask me. That
                                          > sounds like fun.
                                          >
                                          > Man, I'm getting more impressed with Yahoo's thinking all the time.

                                          No kidding...

                                          I'm still waiting for the day Yahoo! offers to buy me.

                                          Pete

                                          --
                                          http://tinkernet.org/
                                          videoblog for the future...