Re: [videoblogging] big announcement

  • Peter Van Dijck
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1 7:48 AM
      Thanks, yes, it's a big deal :) I'll be fulltime now (and paid!) - no more working just on weekends and evenings!

      Peter

      On 4/1/06, David Meade < meade.dave@...> wrote:
      Wow Congratulations Peter!!

      What great evidence of all the hard work you've put into MeFeedia!  I cant wait to hear the details.  Sounds like you'll still be involved with it, so that's great.

      congrats!
        - Dave
      http://www.davidmeade.com

      On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
      I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
      allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
      sorry for having to keep you in the dark.

      I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.

      I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
      more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there.  I
      am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
      Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.

      Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
      importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
      Lucas is totally with that.

      Cheers,
      Peter
      --
      http://mefeedia.com

      ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
      We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
      particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
      Wednesday.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      http://www.DavidMeade.com
      feed:  http://www.DavidMeade.com/feed

      Individual Fireant Use

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • Enric
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1 7:49 AM
        Congratulations Peter and Meefedia!!!

        -- Enric
        -======-
        http://www.cirne.com

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
        <petervandijck@...> wrote:

        > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
        > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
        > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
        >
        > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
        >
        > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
        > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
        > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
        > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
        >
        > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
        > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
        > Lucas is totally with that.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Peter
        > --
        > http://mefeedia.com
        >
        > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
        > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
        > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
        > Wednesday.

      • Peter Van Dijck
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 1 7:53 AM
          And don't forget Devlon and Mike - they are crucial to the success of
          Mefeedia and I always forget to mention them.

          Peter

          On 4/1/06, Enric <enric@...> wrote:
          > Congratulations Peter and Meefedia!!!
          >
          > -- Enric
          > -======-
          > http://www.cirne.com
          >
          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
          > <petervandijck@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
          > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
          > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
          > >
          > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
          > >
          > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
          > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
          > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
          > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
          > >
          > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
          > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
          > > Lucas is totally with that.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > > Peter
          > > --
          > > http://mefeedia.com
          > >
          > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
          > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
          > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
          > > Wednesday.
          > >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Enric
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 1 7:58 AM
            Cool, party on Meefedia team.

            :)

            <petervandijck@...> wrote:

            > And don't forget Devlon and Mike - they are crucial to the success of
            > Mefeedia and I always forget to mention them.
            >
            > Peter
            >
            > On 4/1/06, Enric <enric@...> wrote:
            > > Congratulations Peter and Meefedia!!!
            > >
            > > -- Enric
            > > -======-
            > > http://www.cirne.com
            > >
            > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
            > > <petervandijck@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
            > > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
            > > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
            > > >
            > > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
            > > >
            > > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and
            I'll talk
            > > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
            > > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze
            (from
            > > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
            > > >
            > > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
            > > > importance of a good directory that is focused on
            *videobloggers*, and
            > > > Lucas is totally with that.
            > > >
            > > > Cheers,
            > > > Peter
            > > > --
            > > > http://mefeedia.com
            > > >
            > > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed
            improvements.
            > > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
            > > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
            > > > Wednesday.
            > > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Peter Van Dijck
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 1 8:00 AM
              Yea, we were thinking about doing something in New York, but as you
              can imagine we're very very busy right now.. maybe in a week or two..
              you'll all be invited of course.

              Peter

              On 4/1/06, Enric <enric@...> wrote:
              > Cool, party on Meefedia team.
              >
              > :)
              >
              > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
              > <petervandijck@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > And don't forget Devlon and Mike - they are crucial to the success of
              > > Mefeedia and I always forget to mention them.
              > >
              > > Peter
              > >
              > > On 4/1/06, Enric <enric@...> wrote:
              > > > Congratulations Peter and Meefedia!!!
              > > >
              > > > -- Enric
              > > > -======-
              > > > http://www.cirne.com
              > > >
              > > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"

              > I'll talk
              > (from

              > *videobloggers*, and

              > improvements.
              > > > >

              > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Markus Sandy
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 1 8:03 AM
                Great news!
                Congrats you guys.

                Working with Lucas.  That's the icing on the cake if you ask me.
                That sounds like fun.

                Man, I'm getting more impressed with Yahoo's thinking all the time.

                markus

                <petervandijck@...> wrote:

[...]

                http://apperceptions.org
                http://spinflow.org
              • johngaltsjournal
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 1 8:57 AM
                  That rocks!! Congrats!!!

                  Drinks are on Peter!!

                  schlomo
                  http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
                  http://vloggercon.com

                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck" <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                  > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                  > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                  > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                  >
                  > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                  >
                  > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                  > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                  > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                  > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                  >
                  > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                  > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                  > Lucas is totally with that.
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > Peter
                  > --
                  > http://mefeedia.com
                  >
                  > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                  > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                  > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                  > Wednesday.

                • André Sala

                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 1 9:14 AM
                      OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                      I fess up.

                      April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.

                      I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                      congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                      truth.

                      Back to the usual programming!
                      Peter
                      --
                      http://mefeedia.com

                      On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                      > Congrats! Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools though... :)
                      >

                      > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                      > >
                      > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                      > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                      > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                      >
                      > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                      >
                      > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                      > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                      > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                      > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                      >
                      > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                      > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                      > Lucas is totally with that.
                      >
                      > Cheers,
                      > Peter
                      > --
                      > http://mefeedia.com
                      >
                      > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                      > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                      > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                      > Wednesday.

                      > ________________________________

                    • Enric
                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 1 9:29 AM
                        Hehe...you rascal!

                        <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                        > OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                        > I fess up.
                        >
                        > April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.
                        >
                        > I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                        > congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                        > truth.
                        >
                        > Back to the usual programming!
                        > Peter
                        > --
                        > http://mefeedia.com
                        >
                        > On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                        > > Congrats! Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools
                        though... :)

                        > > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                        > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                        > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                        > >
                        > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                        > >
                        > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                        > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                        > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                        > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                        > >
                        > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                        > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                        > > Lucas is totally with that.
                        > >
                        > > Cheers,
                        > > Peter
                        > > --
                        > > http://mefeedia.com
                        > >
                        > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                        > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                        > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                        > > Wednesday.

                        > > ________________________________

                      • David Meade
                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 1 9:33 AM
                          bah!

                          On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@...> wrote:
                          OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                          I fess up.

                          April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.

                          I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                          congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                          truth.

                          Back to the usual programming!
                          Peter
                          --
                          http://mefeedia.com

                          On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                          >  Congrats!  Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools though... :)
                          >

                          > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                          > >
                          > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                          > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                          > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                          >
                          > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                          >
                          > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                          > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there.  I
                          > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                          > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                          >
                          > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                          > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                          > Lucas is totally with that.
                          >
                          > Cheers,
                          > Peter
                          > --
                          > http://mefeedia.com
                          >
                          > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                          > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                          > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                          > Wednesday.

                          >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          --
                          http://www.DavidMeade.com
                          feed:  http://www.DavidMeade.com/feed
                        • JADonnelly
                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 1 9:33 AM
                            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
                            <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                            CONGRATS PETER...
                            Hopefully, this isn't an April Fools Joke? :)

                            JDonnelly
                            Dummycast.com
                            Madpod.com
                            Petsonboard.com
                            TechY2.com

                            > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                            > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                            > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                            >
                            > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                            >
                            > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                            > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                            > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                            > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                            >
                            > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                            > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                            > Lucas is totally with that.
                            >
                            > Cheers,
                            > Peter
                            > --
                            > http://mefeedia.com
                            >
                            > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                            > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                            > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                            > Wednesday.

                          • Peter Van Dijck
                            Message 13 of 24 , Apr 1 9:38 AM
                              So yes, it *is* an April's fools joke.

                              Sorry!

                              On 4/1/06, JADonnelly <videotv@...> wrote:
                              > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
                              > <petervandijck@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > CONGRATS PETER...
                              > Hopefully, this isn't an April Fools Joke? :)
                              >
                              > JDonnelly
                              > Dummycast.com
                              > Madpod.com
                              > Petsonboard.com
                              > TechY2.com
                              >

                              > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                              > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                              > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                              > >
                              > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                              > >
                              > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                              > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                              > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                              > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                              > >
                              > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                              > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                              > > Lucas is totally with that.
                              > >
                              > > Cheers,
                              > > Peter
                              > > --
                              > > http://mefeedia.com
                              > >
                              > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                              > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                              > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                              > > Wednesday.
                              > >

                              > Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • johngaltsjournal
                              Message 14 of 24 , Apr 1 9:58 AM
                                Whatever... You still have to buy the drinks!

                                schlomo
                                http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
                                http://vloggercon.com

                                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck" <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                                > OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                                > I fess up.
                                >
                                > April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.
                                >
                                > I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                                > congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                                > truth.
                                >
                                > Back to the usual programming!
                                > Peter
                                > --
                                > http://mefeedia.com
                                >
                                > On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                                > > Congrats! Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools though... :)
                                > >

                                > > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                                > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                                > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                                > >
                                > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                                > >
                                > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                                > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                                > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                                > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                                > >
                                > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                                > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                                > > Lucas is totally with that.
                                > >
                                > > Cheers,
                                > > Peter
                                > > --
                                > > http://mefeedia.com
                                > >
                                > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                                > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                                > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                                > > Wednesday.

                                > > ________________________________

                              • Michael Sullivan
                                Message 15 of 24 , Apr 1 11:00 AM
                                  Ha!  Peter, I started to write the same exact message 2 days ago as a pre-April fools joke.
                                  i didnt send it though.

                                  On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@...> wrote:
                                  OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                                  I fess up.

                                  April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.

                                  I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                                  congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                                  truth.

                                  Back to the usual programming!
                                  Peter
                                  --
                                  http://mefeedia.com

                                  On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                                  >  Congrats!  Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools though... :)
                                  >

                                  > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                                  > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                                  > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                                  >
                                  > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                                  >
                                  > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                                  > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there.  I
                                  > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                                  > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                                  >
                                  > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                                  > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                                  > Lucas is totally with that.
                                  >
                                  > Cheers,
                                  > Peter
                                  > --
                                  > http://mefeedia.com
                                  >
                                  > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                                  > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                                  > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                                  > Wednesday.

                                  >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                  --
                                  Sull
                                  http://vlogdir.com
                                  http://SpreadTheMedia.org
                                • Peter Van Dijck
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Apr 1 11:12 AM
                                    Vlogdir got bought by Yahoo! Yey!

                                    On 4/1/06, Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...> wrote:
                                    > Ha! Peter, I started to write the same exact message 2 days ago as a
                                    > pre-April fools joke.
                                    > i didnt send it though.
                                    >

                                    > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@...> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                                    > I fess up.
                                    >
                                    > April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.
                                    >
                                    > I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                                    > congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                                    > truth.
                                    >
                                    > Back to the usual programming!
                                    > Peter
                                    > --
                                    > http://mefeedia.com
                                    >
                                    > On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                                    > > Congrats! Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools though...
                                    > :)
                                    > >

                                    > > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                                    > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                                    > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                                    > >
                                    > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                                    > >
                                    > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                                    > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                                    > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                                    > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                                    > >
                                    > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                                    > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                                    > > Lucas is totally with that.
                                    > >
                                    > > Cheers,
                                    > > Peter
                                    > > --
                                    > > http://mefeedia.com
                                    > >
                                    > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                                    > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                                    > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                                    > > Wednesday.

                                    > Sull
                                    > http://vlogdir.com
                                    > http://SpreadTheMedia.org

                                    > ________________________________

                                  • Andy Carvin
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Apr 1 11:57 AM
                                      I had a sneaky feeling you were screwing with us, particularly when I
                                      searched for mefeedia on Google News and Technorati and couldn't find
                                      any coverage of it. (btw, when I searched for it on Technorati, all
                                      the google ads on the page had to do with killing fire ants:

                                      * Tired of Fire Ants? Control fire ants in your lawn for one full
                                      year with one treatment. www.nofireants.com
                                      * Terminix - Fire Ant Terminix offers guaranteed pest control
                                      services for your home and business. Visit Terminix.com to learn about
                                      controlling various pests. Safeguard your home - schedule a free
                                      evaluation. www.terminix.com
                                      * Fire Ant Killer Bait Wipe out ants safely and completely in 3
                                      days. It is safe to human, animals and poultry. This pest control
                                      product comes with risk-free, 100% money-back guarantee.
                                      www.firstpestcontrol.com

                                      Not exactly fireANT, are they? Got a nice laugh out of that.

                                      andy carvin
                                      www.andycarvin.com

                                      <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                                      > OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                                      > I fess up.
                                      >
                                      > April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.
                                      >
                                      > I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                                      > congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                                      > truth.
                                      >
                                      > Back to the usual programming!
                                      > Peter
                                      > --
                                      > http://mefeedia.com
                                      >
                                      > On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                                      > > Congrats! Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools
                                      though... :)

                                      > > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                                      > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                                      > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                                      > >
                                      > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                                      > >
                                      > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                                      > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                                      > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                                      > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                                      > >
                                      > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                                      > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                                      > > Lucas is totally with that.
                                      > >
                                      > > Cheers,
                                      > > Peter
                                      > > --
                                      > > http://mefeedia.com
                                      > >
                                      > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                                      > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                                      > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                                      > > Wednesday.

                                      > > ________________________________

                                    • Joshua Kinberg
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Apr 1 12:03 PM
                                        Yep, those ads show up on my Flickr page too.

                                        Anybody wanna donate some money to us so we can outbid the
                                        exterminators for the keywords?

                                        :-)

                                        -Josh

                                        http://FireAnt.tv

                                      • Michael Meiser
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Apr 1 1:30 PM
                                          LOL! You mean videoblogging isn't a subset of pest control?

                                          One day I want to see a commercial parody of the now famous "cat
                                          hearders" commercial...

                                          Fireant, Vlogdir, Mefeedia, Blip, Ourmedia, place your company name
                                          here....

                                          We make wrangle yer' videos so you don't have to.

                                          Yeeehaa!

                                          Head em up! Move em out!

                                          LOL

                                          Also, I'm still sort of hoping at the end of the day I can write a
                                          blog post about all the companies Yahoo bought today. Nothing would
                                          please me more than to have gigantic list. Hint, Hint. ;)

                                          BTW, You do realize this is a common theme. Last year there were a
                                          number of them. If my memory serves me correctly among others I think
                                          it was Weblogs Inc. or Engadget who started a rumor that they got
                                          bought out by yahoo for April fools.

                                          I really enjoyed catching up on this thread.

                                          We need more yahoos on the web. Not Yahoo!, but the type of crazy
                                          yahoo's that make meta and media wranglin' startups. Aggregators, to
                                          search engines, to hosting companies, to open source vlogging
                                          platforms and plugins.

                                          Last time I guestimated there were no less that 30 or 40 video
                                          sharing services and yet there's still not enough of the right kind.
                                          I've completely lost track, but the important ones are the vlogorific
                                          ones, and there's only a small handful of those.

                                          Cheers to vlog services and above all to the vloggers who make it all
                                          that make it all worth while.

                                          -Mike

                                        • Casey McKinnon
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Apr 1 5:01 PM
                                            I feel like such a fool...

                                            Casey

                                            <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                                            > So yes, it *is* an April's fools joke.
                                            >
                                            > Sorry!
                                            >
                                            > On 4/1/06, JADonnelly <videotv@...> wrote:
                                            > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
                                            > > <petervandijck@> wrote:
                                            > > >
                                            > > CONGRATS PETER...
                                            > > Hopefully, this isn't an April Fools Joke? :)
                                            > >
                                            > > JDonnelly
                                            > > Dummycast.com
                                            > > Madpod.com
                                            > > Petsonboard.com
                                            > > TechY2.com
                                            > >

                                            > > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                                            > > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                                            > > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                                            > > >
                                            > > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                                            > > >
                                            > > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and
                                            I'll talk
                                            > > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                                            > > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze
                                            (from
                                            > > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                                            > > >
                                            > > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                                            > > > importance of a good directory that is focused on
                                            *videobloggers*, and
                                            > > > Lucas is totally with that.
                                            > > >
                                            > > > Cheers,
                                            > > > Peter
                                            > > > --
                                            > > > http://mefeedia.com
                                            > > >
                                            > > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed
                                            improvements.
                                            > > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                                            > > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                                            > > > Wednesday.
                                            > > >

                                            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                          • Michael Sullivan
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Apr 1 6:57 PM
                                              truth is, Apple offered to buy me for a year and absorb vlogdir.
                                              not yahoo.  i'd prefer open yahoo over closed crApple!
                                              thats what i told them and that was the end of that.

                                              5 years ago on April 1st, i joined a company that was a subsidiary of Clear Channel.
                                              As it turned out, THAT was my Fools day.

                                            • Pete Prodoehl
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Apr 2 6:24 AM
                                                Markus Sandy wrote:
                                                > Great news! Congrats you guys.
                                                > Working with Lucas. That's the icing on the cake if you ask me. That
                                                > sounds like fun.
                                                >
                                                > Man, I'm getting more impressed with Yahoo's thinking all the time.

                                                No kidding...

                                                I'm still waiting for the day Yahoo! offers to buy me.

                                                Pete

                                                --
                                                http://tinkernet.org/
                                                videoblog for the future...