big announcement

  • Peter Van Dijck
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
      I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
      allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
      sorry for having to keep you in the dark.

      I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.

      I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
      more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
      am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
      Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.

      Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
      importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
      Lucas is totally with that.

      Cheers,
      Peter
      --
      http://mefeedia.com

      ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
      We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
      particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
      Wednesday.
    • David Meade
      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
        Wow Congratulations Peter!!

        What great evidence of all the hard work you've put into MeFeedia!  I cant wait to hear the details.  Sounds like you'll still be involved with it, so that's great.

        congrats!
          - Dave
        http://www.davidmeade.com

        On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        --
        http://www.DavidMeade.com
        feed:  http://www.DavidMeade.com/feed
        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
          Thanks, yes, it's a big deal :) I'll be fulltime now (and paid!) - no more working just on weekends and evenings!

          Peter

          On 4/1/06, David Meade < meade.dave@...> wrote:
[...]

          Individual Fireant Use

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • Enric
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
            Congratulations Peter and Meefedia!!!

            -- Enric
            -======-
            http://www.cirne.com

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
            <petervandijck@...> wrote:

            > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
            > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
            > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
            >
            > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
            >
            > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
            > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
            > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
            > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
            >
            > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
            > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
            > Lucas is totally with that.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Peter
            > --
            > http://mefeedia.com
            >
            > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
            > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
            > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
            > Wednesday.

          • Peter Van Dijck
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
              And don't forget Devlon and Mike - they are crucial to the success of
              Mefeedia and I always forget to mention them.

              Peter

              On 4/1/06, Enric <enric@...> wrote:
              > Congratulations Peter and Meefedia!!!
              >
              > -- Enric
              > -======-
              > http://www.cirne.com
              >
              > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
              > <petervandijck@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
              > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
              > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
              > >
              > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
              > >
              > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
              > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
              > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
              > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
              > >
              > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
              > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
              > > Lucas is totally with that.
              > >
              > > Cheers,
              > > Peter
              > > --
              > > http://mefeedia.com
              > >
              > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
              > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
              > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
              > > Wednesday.
              > >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Enric
              Message 6 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                Cool, party on Meefedia team.

                :)

                <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                > And don't forget Devlon and Mike - they are crucial to the success of
                > Mefeedia and I always forget to mention them.
                >
                > Peter
                >
                > On 4/1/06, Enric <enric@...> wrote:
                > > Congratulations Peter and Meefedia!!!
                > >
                > > -- Enric
                > > -======-
                > > http://www.cirne.com
                > >
                > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
                > > <petervandijck@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                > > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                > > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                > > >
                > > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                > > >
                > > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and
                I'll talk
                > > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                > > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze
                (from
                > > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                > > >
                > > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                > > > importance of a good directory that is focused on
                *videobloggers*, and
                > > > Lucas is totally with that.
                > > >
                > > > Cheers,
                > > > Peter
                > > > --
                > > > http://mefeedia.com
                > > >
                > > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed
                improvements.
                > > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                > > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                > > > Wednesday.
                > > >

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Peter Van Dijck
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                  Yea, we were thinking about doing something in New York, but as you
                  can imagine we're very very busy right now.. maybe in a week or two..
                  you'll all be invited of course.

                  Peter

                  On 4/1/06, Enric <enric@...> wrote:
                  > Cool, party on Meefedia team.
                  >
                  > :)
                  >
                  > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
                  > <petervandijck@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > And don't forget Devlon and Mike - they are crucial to the success of
                  > > Mefeedia and I always forget to mention them.
                  > >
                  > > Peter
                  > >
                  > > On 4/1/06, Enric <enric@...> wrote:
                  > > > Congratulations Peter and Meefedia!!!
                  > > >
                  > > > -- Enric
                  > > > -======-
                  > > > http://www.cirne.com
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"

                  > I'll talk
                  > (from

                  > *videobloggers*, and

                  > improvements.
                  > > > >

                  > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Markus Sandy
                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                    Great news!
                    Congrats you guys.

                    Working with Lucas.  That's the icing on the cake if you ask me.
                    That sounds like fun.

                    Man, I'm getting more impressed with Yahoo's thinking all the time.

                    markus

                    <petervandijck@...> wrote:

[...]

                    http://apperceptions.org
                    http://spinflow.org
                  • johngaltsjournal
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                      That rocks!! Congrats!!!

                      Drinks are on Peter!!

                      schlomo
                      http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
                      http://vloggercon.com

                      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck" <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                      > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                      > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                      > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                      >
                      > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                      >
                      > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                      > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                      > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                      > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                      >
                      > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                      > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                      > Lucas is totally with that.
                      >
                      > Cheers,
                      > Peter
                      > --
                      > http://mefeedia.com
                      >
                      > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                      > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                      > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                      > Wednesday.

                    • André Sala

                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                          OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                          I fess up.

                          April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.

                          I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                          congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                          truth.

                          Back to the usual programming!
                          Peter
                          --
                          http://mefeedia.com

                          On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                          > Congrats! Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools though... :)
                          >

                          > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                          > >
                          > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                          > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                          > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                          >
                          > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                          >
                          > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                          > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                          > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                          > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                          >
                          > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                          > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                          > Lucas is totally with that.
                          >
                          > Cheers,
                          > Peter
                          > --
                          > http://mefeedia.com
                          >
                          > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                          > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                          > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                          > Wednesday.

                          > ________________________________

                        • Enric
                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                            Hehe...you rascal!

                            <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                            > OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                            > I fess up.
                            >
                            > April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.
                            >
                            > I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                            > congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                            > truth.
                            >
                            > Back to the usual programming!
                            > Peter
                            > --
                            > http://mefeedia.com
                            >
                            > On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                            > > Congrats! Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools
                            though... :)

                            > > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                            > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                            > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                            > >
                            > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                            > >
                            > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                            > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                            > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                            > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                            > >
                            > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                            > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                            > > Lucas is totally with that.
                            > >
                            > > Cheers,
                            > > Peter
                            > > --
                            > > http://mefeedia.com
                            > >
                            > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                            > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                            > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                            > > Wednesday.

                            > > ________________________________

                          • David Meade
                            Message 13 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                              bah!

                              On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@...> wrote:
                              OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                              I fess up.

                              April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.

                              I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                              congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                              truth.

                              Back to the usual programming!
                              Peter
                              --
                              http://mefeedia.com

                              On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                              >  Congrats!  Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools though... :)
                              >

                              > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                              > >
                              > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                              > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                              > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                              >
                              > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                              >
                              > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                              > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there.  I
                              > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                              > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                              >
                              > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                              > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                              > Lucas is totally with that.
                              >
                              > Cheers,
                              > Peter
                              > --
                              > http://mefeedia.com
                              >
                              > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                              > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                              > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                              > Wednesday.

                              >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              --
                              http://www.DavidMeade.com
                              feed:  http://www.DavidMeade.com/feed
                            • JADonnelly
                              Message 14 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
                                <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                                CONGRATS PETER...
                                Hopefully, this isn't an April Fools Joke? :)

                                JDonnelly
                                Dummycast.com
                                Madpod.com
                                Petsonboard.com
                                TechY2.com

                                > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                                > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                                > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                                >
                                > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                                >
                                > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                                > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                                > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                                > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                                >
                                > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                                > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                                > Lucas is totally with that.
                                >
                                > Cheers,
                                > Peter
                                > --
                                > http://mefeedia.com
                                >
                                > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                                > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                                > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                                > Wednesday.

                              • Peter Van Dijck
                                Message 15 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                  So yes, it *is* an April's fools joke.

                                  Sorry!

                                  On 4/1/06, JADonnelly <videotv@...> wrote:
                                  > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
                                  > <petervandijck@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > CONGRATS PETER...
                                  > Hopefully, this isn't an April Fools Joke? :)
                                  >
                                  > JDonnelly
                                  > Dummycast.com
                                  > Madpod.com
                                  > Petsonboard.com
                                  > TechY2.com
                                  >

                                  > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                                  > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                                  > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                                  > >
                                  > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                                  > >
                                  > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                                  > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                                  > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                                  > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                                  > >
                                  > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                                  > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                                  > > Lucas is totally with that.
                                  > >
                                  > > Cheers,
                                  > > Peter
                                  > > --
                                  > > http://mefeedia.com
                                  > >
                                  > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                                  > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                                  > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                                  > > Wednesday.
                                  > >

                                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                • johngaltsjournal
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                    Whatever... You still have to buy the drinks!

                                    schlomo
                                    http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
                                    http://vloggercon.com

                                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck" <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                                    > OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                                    > I fess up.
                                    >
                                    > April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.
                                    >
                                    > I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                                    > congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                                    > truth.
                                    >
                                    > Back to the usual programming!
                                    > Peter
                                    > --
                                    > http://mefeedia.com
                                    >
                                    > On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                                    > > Congrats! Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools though... :)
                                    > >

                                    > > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                                    > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                                    > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                                    > >
                                    > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                                    > >
                                    > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                                    > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                                    > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                                    > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                                    > >
                                    > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                                    > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                                    > > Lucas is totally with that.
                                    > >
                                    > > Cheers,
                                    > > Peter
                                    > > --
                                    > > http://mefeedia.com
                                    > >
                                    > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                                    > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                                    > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                                    > > Wednesday.

                                    > > ________________________________

                                  • Michael Sullivan
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                      Ha!  Peter, I started to write the same exact message 2 days ago as a pre-April fools joke.
                                      i didnt send it though.

                                      On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@...> wrote:
                                      OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                                      I fess up.

                                      April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.

                                      I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                                      congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                                      truth.

                                      Back to the usual programming!
                                      Peter
                                      --
                                      http://mefeedia.com

                                      On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                                      >  Congrats!  Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools though... :)
                                      >

                                      > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                                      > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                                      > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                                      >
                                      > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                                      >
                                      > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                                      > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there.  I
                                      > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                                      > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                                      >
                                      > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                                      > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                                      > Lucas is totally with that.
                                      >
                                      > Cheers,
                                      > Peter
                                      > --
                                      > http://mefeedia.com
                                      >
                                      > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                                      > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                                      > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                                      > Wednesday.

                                      >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

                                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                      --
                                      Sull
                                      http://vlogdir.com
                                      http://SpreadTheMedia.org
                                    • Peter Van Dijck
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                        Vlogdir got bought by Yahoo! Yey!

                                        On 4/1/06, Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...> wrote:
                                        > Ha! Peter, I started to write the same exact message 2 days ago as a
                                        > pre-April fools joke.
                                        > i didnt send it though.
                                        >

                                        > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@...> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                                        > I fess up.
                                        >
                                        > April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.
                                        >
                                        > I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                                        > congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                                        > truth.
                                        >
                                        > Back to the usual programming!
                                        > Peter
                                        > --
                                        > http://mefeedia.com
                                        >
                                        > On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                                        > > Congrats! Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools though...
                                        > :)
                                        > >

                                        > > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                                        > > >
                                        > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                                        > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                                        > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                                        > >
                                        > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                                        > >
                                        > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                                        > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                                        > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                                        > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                                        > >
                                        > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                                        > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                                        > > Lucas is totally with that.
                                        > >
                                        > > Cheers,
                                        > > Peter
                                        > > --
                                        > > http://mefeedia.com
                                        > >
                                        > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                                        > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                                        > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                                        > > Wednesday.

                                        > Sull
                                        > http://vlogdir.com
                                        > http://SpreadTheMedia.org

                                        > ________________________________

                                      • Andy Carvin
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                          I had a sneaky feeling you were screwing with us, particularly when I
                                          searched for mefeedia on Google News and Technorati and couldn't find
                                          any coverage of it. (btw, when I searched for it on Technorati, all
                                          the google ads on the page had to do with killing fire ants:

                                          * Tired of Fire Ants? Control fire ants in your lawn for one full
                                          year with one treatment. www.nofireants.com
                                          * Terminix - Fire Ant Terminix offers guaranteed pest control
                                          services for your home and business. Visit Terminix.com to learn about
                                          controlling various pests. Safeguard your home - schedule a free
                                          evaluation. www.terminix.com
                                          * Fire Ant Killer Bait Wipe out ants safely and completely in 3
                                          days. It is safe to human, animals and poultry. This pest control
                                          product comes with risk-free, 100% money-back guarantee.
                                          www.firstpestcontrol.com

                                          Not exactly fireANT, are they? Got a nice laugh out of that.

                                          andy carvin
                                          www.andycarvin.com

                                          <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                                          > OK I told myself the first person who mentiones the date - that's when
                                          > I fess up.
                                          >
                                          > April's fool. Mefeedia hasn't been acquired by anyone.
                                          >
                                          > I laughed a lot though. Quite a few people sent me private
                                          > congratulatory emails, and were really surprised when I told them the
                                          > truth.
                                          >
                                          > Back to the usual programming!
                                          > Peter
                                          > --
                                          > http://mefeedia.com
                                          >
                                          > On 4/1/06, André Sala <andrensala@...> wrote:
                                          > > Congrats! Hope this isn't related to today being April Fools
                                          though... :)

                                          > > On 4/1/06, Peter Van Dijck <petervandijck@... > wrote:
                                          > > >
                                          > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                                          > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                                          > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                                          > >
                                          > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                                          > >
                                          > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and I'll talk
                                          > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                                          > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze (from
                                          > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                                          > >
                                          > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                                          > > importance of a good directory that is focused on *videobloggers*, and
                                          > > Lucas is totally with that.
                                          > >
                                          > > Cheers,
                                          > > Peter
                                          > > --
                                          > > http://mefeedia.com
                                          > >
                                          > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed improvements.
                                          > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                                          > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                                          > > Wednesday.

                                          > > ________________________________

                                        • Joshua Kinberg
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                            Yep, those ads show up on my Flickr page too.

                                            Anybody wanna donate some money to us so we can outbid the
                                            exterminators for the keywords?

                                            :-)

                                            -Josh

                                            http://FireAnt.tv

                                          • Michael Meiser
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                              LOL! You mean videoblogging isn't a subset of pest control?

                                              One day I want to see a commercial parody of the now famous "cat
                                              hearders" commercial...

                                              Fireant, Vlogdir, Mefeedia, Blip, Ourmedia, place your company name
                                              here....

                                              We make wrangle yer' videos so you don't have to.

                                              Yeeehaa!

                                              Head em up! Move em out!

                                              LOL

                                              Also, I'm still sort of hoping at the end of the day I can write a
                                              blog post about all the companies Yahoo bought today. Nothing would
                                              please me more than to have gigantic list. Hint, Hint. ;)

                                              BTW, You do realize this is a common theme. Last year there were a
                                              number of them. If my memory serves me correctly among others I think
                                              it was Weblogs Inc. or Engadget who started a rumor that they got
                                              bought out by yahoo for April fools.

                                              I really enjoyed catching up on this thread.

                                              We need more yahoos on the web. Not Yahoo!, but the type of crazy
                                              yahoo's that make meta and media wranglin' startups. Aggregators, to
                                              search engines, to hosting companies, to open source vlogging
                                              platforms and plugins.

                                              Last time I guestimated there were no less that 30 or 40 video
                                              sharing services and yet there's still not enough of the right kind.
                                              I've completely lost track, but the important ones are the vlogorific
                                              ones, and there's only a small handful of those.

                                              Cheers to vlog services and above all to the vloggers who make it all
                                              that make it all worth while.

                                              -Mike

                                            • Casey McKinnon
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                                I feel like such a fool...

                                                Casey

                                                <petervandijck@...> wrote:

                                                > So yes, it *is* an April's fools joke.
                                                >
                                                > Sorry!
                                                >
                                                > On 4/1/06, JADonnelly <videotv@...> wrote:
                                                > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Van Dijck"
                                                > > <petervandijck@> wrote:
                                                > > >
                                                > > CONGRATS PETER...
                                                > > Hopefully, this isn't an April Fools Joke? :)
                                                > >
                                                > > JDonnelly
                                                > > Dummycast.com
                                                > > Madpod.com
                                                > > Petsonboard.com
                                                > > TechY2.com
                                                > >

                                                > > > I have wanted to tell people this for a long time, but I wasn't
                                                > > > allowed to. So sorry to a bunch of you who should have known this,
                                                > > > sorry for having to keep you in the dark.
                                                > > >
                                                > > > I received an offer I couldn't refuse from Yahoo to buy Mefeedia.
                                                > > >
                                                > > > I'm sure you all will have lots of questions (sellout?), and
                                                I'll talk
                                                > > > more about this in time, but I just wanted to get this out there. I
                                                > > > am very excited, particularly because my new boss is Lucas Gonze
                                                (from
                                                > > > Webjay fame). So there we go! Lots of exciting future plans.
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Just let me assure everyone: in my discussions, I emphasized the
                                                > > > importance of a good directory that is focused on
                                                *videobloggers*, and
                                                > > > Lucas is totally with that.
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Cheers,
                                                > > > Peter
                                                > > > --
                                                > > > http://mefeedia.com
                                                > > >
                                                > > > ps: yes, this is also the reason behind the recent speed
                                                improvements.
                                                > > > We still haven't moved the entire infrastructure (the thumbs
                                                > > > particularly) to Yahoo infrastructure, but we should be there by
                                                > > > Wednesday.
                                                > > >

                                                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                              • Michael Sullivan
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                                  truth is, Apple offered to buy me for a year and absorb vlogdir.
                                                  not yahoo.  i'd prefer open yahoo over closed crApple!
                                                  thats what i told them and that was the end of that.

                                                  5 years ago on April 1st, i joined a company that was a subsidiary of Clear Channel.
                                                  As it turned out, THAT was my Fools day.

                                                • Pete Prodoehl
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Apr 2, 2006
                                                    Markus Sandy wrote:
                                                    > Great news! Congrats you guys.
                                                    > Working with Lucas. That's the icing on the cake if you ask me. That
                                                    > sounds like fun.
                                                    >
                                                    > Man, I'm getting more impressed with Yahoo's thinking all the time.

                                                    No kidding...

                                                    I'm still waiting for the day Yahoo! offers to buy me.

                                                    Pete

                                                    --
                                                    http://tinkernet.org/
                                                    videoblog for the future...