Productive Member of the Group

  • lishisman
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
      Starting over...

      Those who responded to my post "VLOGGERS UNITE" have me pegged wrong,
      period.

      Stephanie, you are wrong about 95% of what you said about me, things
      you said were out of context, unfounded, and completely
      inappropriate.

      I sarcastically said I spammed this group. My posts were done partly
      to promote my site, get feedback from experienced people, and to see
      the type of people viewed this forum, precisely because I did not
      know. In retrospect, my initial posts werent any more distasteful as
      any of the posts which link people to view their vlogs. I didnt get
      any feedback here until I started getting more intusive with my
      posts.

      Experiment was probably to sharp a word to have used to describe why
      I posted.

      I am not some freak marketer going crazy and spamming everywhere, I
      tried an ebay auction, and the pixel page on my site. The intention
      was to do nothing more than explore ways to make money with my show
      (it didn't work). I have invested including today over 75 hours of
      time into my vlog... I started Feb 28th.

      My search engine techniques are good optimization, nothing more,
      nothing shady, the terms for which I come up are completely
      relevant... "daily vlog" "video blog", etc. I do not employ any
      tactics that are even remotely questionable.

      My vlog isn't just some rant about my life (it's not that
      interesting), it is a 10-minute entertainment show(not that
      interesting), designed to be commercial free, watch it if you want
      to, Internet TV. The loose model for it is rocketboom, or mobuzztv.

      In order for it to be successful it needs promotion, polishing, and
      constructive criticism.

      More promotion than what can be obtained by adding an RSS feed and
      feedburner and calling it promoted.

      I anticipate many more vlogs coming that will be done daily for the
      purpose of entertainment, currently there is no forum, group, where
      these vlogs can be found. That is where the group idea came from, it
      was not meant to be some free for all spam group, but a closely
      moderated group of links.

      Whatever the case may be, I want to be a productive member of this
      group and contribute what I can to these technologies... please
      accept my deepest apologies for any negative feelings I caused or
      brought into your lives.

      I hope you can give me a chance to start over

      Jason
    • Digital Buddha
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
        Hi Jason -

        Many vloggers have been going at it over a year, some, 2 years or more!

        The one element you've missed is probably the most important, time. You cannot force a seed to become a tree. Be patient with the process, and your project will develop over time.

        On 3/31/06, lishisman <lishisman@...
        In order for it to be successful it needs promotion, polishing, and
        constructive criticism.
        Jason

      • Casey McKinnon
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
          Then again... you could always pose in your lingerie, that seems to
          work too! :P

          Casey

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Digital Buddha"
          <digitalbuddha@...> wrote:

          > Hi Jason -
          >
          > Many vloggers have been going at it over a year, some, 2 years or more!
          >
          > The one element you've missed is probably the most important, time. You
          > cannot force a seed to become a tree. Be patient with the process,
          and your
          > project will develop over time.
          >
          > On 3/31/06, lishisman <lishisman@...> wrote:
          >
          > > In order for it to be successful it needs promotion, polishing, and
          > > constructive criticism.

          > > Jason

        • David Meade
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
            ok starting over ...

            I dont think I 'get it'.  This is a group where we would announce updates?  I really would hate having to do that ... my feed does that for me ... epecially if its geared toward daily producers - can't we just assume then that theres an update, or even better ... subscribe to members feeds in order to be updated ... thats why they're there.

            So anyhow once we're in the group and its beeing updated all the time with announcements of our new posts ... then what?  Is it meant as a way to get feedback from the group?  I'd rather have that in my comments.

            Is ithis group meant as a place where other people can go and see whats new in the vlogsphere?  And if so, why wouldnt we just watch/subscribe to the "recently added" section of any of the directories that are out there.

            I'm just not sure what you're telling me this group is meant to do.  (Not saying its not a great idea...I'm saying I'm not clear on what the idea is).

             - Dave
            http://www.davidmeade.com

          • lishisman
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
              There is truth to the whole seed, tree thing.

              Casey,
              Nice idea... but they dont make those threads in my size...

              Dave,
              I do appreciate your reply, at this point I would rather drop the
              whole idea, I am thinking of a better way to explain the concept,
              maybe it just sucks, I have had a ton of those ideas too.

              jason
            • Bill Streeter
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
                Yeah says you. I tried that and it didn't do shit for me. I had to
                resort to rock'n'roll.

                Bill Streeter
                LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
                www.lofistl.com

                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Casey McKinnon" <mskitka@...>
                wrote:

                > Then again... you could always pose in your lingerie, that seems to
                > work too! :P
                >
                > Casey
                >
                > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Digital Buddha"
                > <digitalbuddha@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Jason -
                > >
                > > Many vloggers have been going at it over a year, some, 2 years
                or more!

                > > The one element you've missed is probably the most important,
                time. You
                > > cannot force a seed to become a tree. Be patient with the
                process,
                > and your
                > > project will develop over time.
                > >
                > > On 3/31/06, lishisman <lishisman@> wrote:
                > >
                > > > In order for it to be successful it needs promotion,
                polishing, and
                > > > constructive criticism.

                > > > Jason

              • Markus Sandy
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
                  did i miss a video bill?

                  i'd like to see that one ;)

                  --

                  Markus Sandy

                  http://apperceptions.org
                  http://spinflow.org
                • David Howell
                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
                    I'll second that. Bill in a little lacy teddy could do wonders for the
                    vlogging community.

                    David
                    http://www.davidhowellstudios.com

                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <markus@...> wrote:

                    > did i miss a video bill?
                    >
                    > i'd like to see that one ;)
                    >

                    > Bill Streeter wrote:
                    >
                    > >Yeah says you. I tried that and it didn't do shit for me. I had to
                    > >resort to rock'n'roll.
                    > >
                    > >Bill Streeter
                    > >LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
                    > >www.lofistl.com
                    > >
                    > >--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Casey McKinnon" <mskitka@>
                    > >wrote:
                    > >

                    > >>Then again... you could always pose in your lingerie, that seems to
                    > >>work too! :P
                    > >>

                    > --
                    >

                    > Markus Sandy
                    >
                    > http://apperceptions.org
                    > http://spinflow.org

                  • Melanie Morgan
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
                      Hi Jason,

                      > Many vloggers have been going at it over a year, some, 2 years or
                      > more!

                      I would agree with some of the others that you've got to crawl before
                      you walk. Folks on here have worked long and hard to learn the art and
                      craft of videoblogging and get pretty bent on someone coming in with a
                      "just add water and stir" attitude. And I guess you've figured out that
                      words like "spam" really piss people off. (You could probably still use
                      some ointment for the flogging you got earlier. -- Ouch!)

                      > My vlog isn't just some rant about my life (it's not that
                      > interesting), it is a 10-minute entertainment show(not that
                      > interesting), designed to be commercial free, watch it if you want
                      > to, Internet TV. The loose model for it is rocketboom, or mobuzztv.

                      My suggestion, if you want your vlog to have any kind of success, is 1)
                      to shorten it by half, and 2) MAKE IT INTERESTING! Nobody wants to
                      invest/contribute to something unpalatable, especially when there's so
                      much better content out there. Just common sense IMHO.

                      Well, here's to starting over. I hope that was constructive enough for
                      you.

                      Peace & Love,
                      Melanie

                      NYC Is On The Air!
                      Catch the show @ www.nyc-tv.com
                    • Gena
                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
                        Ahhgh laddie, you have me in a dither. I don't understand so this is
                        an attempt to clarify what you wanted from the group or people that
                        might be interested in what you have to offer.

                        1) Do you want to have information or a specific vlog group that talks
                        about the interest and concerns of entertainment vloggers?

                        2) Do you want to have information or a specific group on successful
                        marketing, promotion, SEO and viewer attracting techniques? Are you
                        looking for a business/income generating type information?

                        3) Are you or were you just trying to make the point that people don't
                        respond to posts that are "quiet, non-intrusive, or polite"?

                        3a)And you want to know how to get mass quantities of people to your vlog?

                        4) Yes, 75 hours is a hunk of time. Dang near two weeks. No question.
                        Quite an investment. Yep.

                        5)Hmmm, in the Star Trek canon there is the concept of infinite
                        diversity in infinite combination. I bring this up because it is
                        really important not to disrespect other people's mode of
                        communication/vlogging.

                        I may not drink with Bob http://drinkingwithbob.blogspot.com or
                        http://www.drinkingwithbob.com but I want him to rant as long and hard
                        as he is able. He is documenting his place in time. Essential. There
                        are all types of vlogs and it just irks me when people gang up on the
                        diarists or personal narration vloggers. Can't we all just get along?

                        If you want to model yourself after RB or Mobuzztv okay-dokey but I
                        just wanted to let you know (if you didn't already) that, in my
                        opinion, there is a spectrum of vlogs and vlogers. The fact that you
                        want to entertain and make money does not put you in a different class
                        than a person who wants to talk about her life in this point in time.

                        Not if you are using the same tools of personal media. Then there is
                        no difference. You are both communicating. That is what you wanted to
                        do, communicate, right?

                        Part of this process is accepting feeback and communication. I hope
                        that you will stick with us, give us time to get to know you and help
                        each other out.

                        It is a journey, not a day trip.

                        Gena
                        http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
                      • Susan
                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
                          I second that emotion! :D

                          Susan
                          http://vlog.kitykity.com

                          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Howell" <taoofdavid@...>
                          wrote:

                          > I'll second that. Bill in a little lacy teddy could do wonders for the
                          > vlogging community.
                          >
                          > David
                          > http://www.davidhowellstudios.com
                          >
                          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <markus@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > did i miss a video bill?
                          > >
                          > > i'd like to see that one ;)
                          > >

                          > > Bill Streeter wrote:
                          > >
                          > > >Yeah says you. I tried that and it didn't do shit for me. I had to
                          > > >resort to rock'n'roll.
                          > > >
                          > > >Bill Streeter
                          > > >LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
                          > > >www.lofistl.com
                          > > >
                          > > >--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Casey McKinnon" <mskitka@>

                          > > --
                          > >

                          > > Markus Sandy
                          > >
                          > > http://apperceptions.org
                          > > http://spinflow.org

                        • Michael Sullivan
                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
                            verdi will do it.  verdi likes it.  do it verdi.  vloggerdareyou

                            On 3/31/06, David Howell <taoofdavid@... > wrote:
                            I'll second that. Bill in a little lacy teddy could do wonders for the
                            vlogging community.

                            David
                            http://www.davidhowellstudios.com

                            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <markus@...> wrote:

                            > did i miss a video bill?
                            >
                            > i'd like to see that one ;)
                            >

                            > Bill Streeter wrote:
                            >
                            > >Yeah says you. I tried that and it didn't do shit for me. I had to
                            > >resort to rock'n'roll.
                            > >
                            > >Bill Streeter
                            > >LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
                            > >www.lofistl.com
                            > >
                            > >--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Casey McKinnon" <mskitka@>
                            > >wrote:
                            > >

                            > >>Then again... you could always pose in your lingerie, that seems to
                            > >>work too!  :P
                            > >>

                            > --
                            >

                            > Markus Sandy
                            >
                            > http://apperceptions.org
                            > http://spinflow.org

                            Yahoo! Groups Links

                                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            --
                            Sull
                            http://vlogdir.com
                            Message 13 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
                              On 3/31/06, Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...> wrote:
                              verdi will do it.  verdi likes it.  do it verdi.  vloggerdareyou

                              On 3/31/06, David Howell <taoofdavid@... > wrote:
                              I'll second that. Bill in a little lacy teddy could do wonders for the
                              vlogging community.

                              What am I, a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? What am I here to fuckin' amuse you?

                              -Verdi

                            • Susan
                              Message 14 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
                                Would we get spanked if we said yes?
                                :D
                                YES!
                                ;)
                                Susan
                                http://vlog.kitykity.com

                                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Verdi" <michael@...> wrote:

                                > On 3/31/06, Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > verdi will do it. verdi likes it. do it verdi. vloggerdareyou
                                > >

                                > > On 3/31/06, David Howell <taoofdavid@... > wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > I'll second that. Bill in a little lacy teddy could do wonders
                                for the
                                > > > vlogging community.
                                > >

                                > What am I, a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? What am I here to
                                fuckin'
                                > amuse you?
                                >
                                > -Verdi

                              • Michael Sullivan
                                Message 15 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
                                  how the fuck am i funny?

                                  On 3/31/06, Michael Verdi <michael@...> wrote:
                                  On 3/31/06, Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...> wrote:
                                  verdi will do it.  verdi likes it.  do it verdi.  vloggerdareyou

                                  On 3/31/06, David Howell <taoofdavid@... > wrote:
                                  I'll second that. Bill in a little lacy teddy could do wonders for the
                                  vlogging community.

                                  What am I, a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? What am I here to fuckin' amuse you?

                                  -Verdi

                                  Individual Fireant Use

                                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                     Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

                                    Sull
                                    http://vlogdir.com
                                    http://SpreadTheMedia.org
                                  • David Howell
                                    Message 16 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
                                      Funny lookin?

                                      ;)

                                      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Sullivan"

                                      Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
                                      > > .
                                      > >
                                      > > ------------------------------
                                      > >

                                      > --
                                      > Sull
                                      > http://vlogdir.com
                                      > http://SpreadTheMedia.org

                                    • Michael Sullivan
                                      Message 17 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
                                        i miss pesci.

                                        On 4/1/06, David Howell <taoofdavid@...> wrote:
                                        Funny lookin?

                                        ;)

                                        <sulleleven@...> wrote:

                                        > how the fuck am i funny?
                                        >
                                        > On 3/31/06, Michael Verdi <michael@...> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > >  On 3/31/06, Michael Sullivan <sulleleven@...> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > >  verdi will do it.  verdi likes it.  do it verdi.  vloggerdareyou

                                        > > What am I, a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? What am I here to
                                        > > fuckin' amuse you?
                                        > >
                                        > > -Verdi

                                        > > on the web.
                                        > >
                                        > >  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

                                        > >  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                                        Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ >
                                        > > .
                                        > >
                                        > >  ------------------------------
                                        > >

                                        > --
                                        > Sull
                                        > http://vlogdir.com
                                        > http://SpreadTheMedia.org

                                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                        --
                                        Sull
                                        http://vlogdir.com
                                        http://SpreadTheMedia.org
                                      • michelle zeno
                                        Message 18 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
                                          leave me the hell alone

                                          Message 19 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
                                            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343737/

                                            <sulleleven@...> wrote:

                                            > i miss pesci.
                                            >
                                            > On 4/1/06, David Howell <taoofdavid@...> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > Funny lookin?
                                            > >
                                            > > ;)
                                            > >
                                            > > David
                                            > > http://www.davidhowellstudios.com
                                            > >
                                            > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Sullivan"
                                            > > <sulleleven@> wrote:
                                            > > >
                                            > > > how the fuck am i funny?

                                            vloggerdareyou

                                            > > for the

                                            > > Individual<

                                            > > Fireant<

                                            > > Use<

                                            > > Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

                                            > > > --
                                            > > > Sull
                                            > > > http://vlogdir.com
                                            > > > http://SpreadTheMedia.org

                                            > Sull
                                            > http://vlogdir.com
                                            > http://SpreadTheMedia.org

                                          • David Howell
                                            Message 20 of 24 , Mar 31, 2006
                                              Dammit Sull...do you not remember the conditions of your release?

                                              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, michelle zeno <moonie_hoot@...>

                                              http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Individual&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Use&c=3&s=38&.sig=OHeQJKby66gg3t35np-qiw>

                                              http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fireant&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Use&c=3&s=38&.sig=hK8TfZa7ClhTIxDJdP6Cbw>

                                              http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Use&w1=Individual&w2=Fireant&w3=Use&c=3&s=38&.sig=fljF53rXtnOMjmpIySYbqA>
                                              > > > on the web.

                                              > Service<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ >
                                              > > > .
                                              > > >
                                              > > > ------------------------------
                                              > > >

                                              > > --
                                              > > Sull
                                              > > http://vlogdir.com
                                              > > http://SpreadTheMedia.org

                                              > Sull
                                              > http://vlogdir.com
                                              > http://SpreadTheMedia.org

                                              Service.

                                              > ---------------------------------
                                              >

                                              > ---------------------------------
                                              > Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low
                                              rates.

                                            • Lisa
                                              Message 21 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                                As a Former Rocky Horror Picture Show Enthusiast... I would looove
                                                to see Bill in some fishnets, bustier, and some patent stilettos....
                                                Could be highly entertaining ;>}

                                                As a reserved and responsible wife and a mother of four....I'm
                                                shocked! Shocked I say!!

                                                Daughtershow
                                                www.daughtershow.com

                                                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <kitykity@...> wrote:

                                                > I second that emotion! :D
                                                >
                                                > Susan
                                                > http://vlog.kitykity.com
                                                >

                                                > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Howell" <taoofdavid@>
                                                > wrote:
                                                > >
                                                > > I'll second that. Bill in a little lacy teddy could do wonders
                                                for the
                                                > > vlogging community.
                                                > >
                                                > > David
                                                > > http://www.davidhowellstudios.com
                                                > >
                                                > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <markus@>
                                                wrote:

                                                > > > did i miss a video bill?
                                                > > >
                                                > > > i'd like to see that one ;)

                                                > > > --
                                                > > >

                                                > > > Markus Sandy
                                                > > >
                                                > > > http://apperceptions.org
                                                > > > http://spinflow.org

                                              • Michael Meiser
                                                Message 22 of 24 , Apr 1, 2006
                                                  Sull, Susan, David, Bill, Verdi, and people I missed... You all make
                                                  flames fun.

                                                  I could stop reading no more than I could stop laughing.

                                                  Sull, just to be clear, I for one don't want to see you in your
                                                  unmention-ables. I just wanted to be clear on that, because there's
                                                  been so much of that going around that with this group you really
                                                  never can tell what you'll see next.

                                                  Keep your pants on people. :)

                                                  This is the videoblogging group right?

                                                  We have a serious lack of boundries here. I know that's what I love
                                                  most about this group.

                                                  Perhaps we should start a "naked videoblogging" group?

                                                  LOL everyone.

                                                  Peace,

                                                  Mike

                                                  On Apr 1, 2006, at 4:37 PM, Lisa wrote:

                                                  > As a Former Rocky Horror Picture Show Enthusiast... I would looove
                                                  > to see Bill in some fishnets, bustier, and some patent stilettos....
                                                  > Could be highly entertaining ;>}
                                                  >
                                                  > As a reserved and responsible wife and a mother of four....I'm
                                                  > shocked! Shocked I say!!
                                                  >
                                                  > Daughtershow
                                                  > www.daughtershow.com
                                                  >
                                                  > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <kitykity@...> wrote:
                                                  >>
                                                  >> I second that emotion! :D
                                                  >>
                                                  >> Susan
                                                  >> http://vlog.kitykity.com
                                                  >>

                                                  >> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "David Howell" <taoofdavid@>
                                                  >> wrote:
                                                  >>>
                                                  >>> I'll second that. Bill in a little lacy teddy could do wonders
                                                  > for the
                                                  >>> vlogging community.
                                                  >>>
                                                  >>> David
                                                  >>> http://www.davidhowellstudios.com
                                                  >>>
                                                  >>> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <markus@>

                                                  > had to

                                                  > <mskitka@>

                                                  > seems to

                                                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                                • Chuck Olsen
                                                  Message 23 of 24 , Apr 4, 2006
                                                    I must take this opportunity to showcase my finest hour in the
                                                    realm of vlogging. It is for the adults in the audience. I think.
                                                    It's called, "Bathroom Honesty".

                                                    http://blogumentary.typepad.com/vlog/2005/04/bathroom_honest.html

                                                    or: http://tinyurl.com/qtaet

                                                    not naked,
                                                    chuck
                                                    mnstories.com

                                                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Michael Meiser <groups-yahoo-com@...> wrote:

                                                    > Keep your pants on people. :)
                                                    >
                                                    > This is the videoblogging group right?
                                                    >
                                                    > We have a serious lack of boundries here. I know that's what I love
                                                    > most about this group.

                                                  • Anne Walk
                                                    Message 24 of 24 , Apr 4, 2006
                                                      Chuck! you dirty bastard!