Re: What's Going on With Blip.tv? Nothing is loading!

  • mikehudack
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2006
      Hey guys,

      I figured I should reply in more detail than simply "everything is up".

      We are indeed bringing new servers and bandwidth online today, and with this new
      installation we will have triple redundancy (three different sites and sets of servers serving
      blip video at any given time).

      We had a small and relatively short hiccup today during which some videos didn't load at
      all, and others loaded slowly. The hiccup was caused by our upgrades to our distribution
      systems to better serve videos. We didn't anticipate any service interruption but got one
      anyway... it was caused by system maintenance and we were right there to fix it.

      A thousand apologies from the blip team, and our assurances that these issues should be
      a thing of the past by this evening.

      Yours,

      Mike