Re: [videoblogging] wmv to mov compression problem

  • Paul Knight
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2006
      Kunga,

      Did you know you can import any wmv file into FCP and render it there then save as anything, it's a bit long winded but it works fine and there are no permissions issues, like what you get with flip4mac.

      Paul Knight

      On 2 Feb 2006, at 01:01, Kunga wrote:

      Michael,
      Do we have any Mac OS X software that will let us convert Windows
      Media Player .wmv files to Quicktime .mov or .m4v files so they are
      Video iPod compatible? Any convoluted work arounds?

      Thanks.
      --
      Taylor Barcroft http://www.blogger.com/profile/11159903
      New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist, Podcaster, Futurecaster

      On Feb 1, 2006, at 12:35 PM, Michael Verdi wrote:

      > Here's what you do:
      > From Movie Make - save your video to your computer as a DV-AVI file.
      > Open that in QuickTime Pro. Then export movie to QuickTime Movie.
      > Then follow the compression settings at freevlog:
      > http://freevlog.org/#compress
      > Select the compress from iMovie tutorial.
      > or
      > Try this one:
      > for-the-web-with-3ivx/ >
      >
      > Either of those will give you video that's compatible with the iPod.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Verdi

      Individual Fireant Use
      Explains