Re: [videoblogging] Rocketboom to Auction Advertising Time on Ebay?

  • Kunga
    Message 1 of 81 , Feb 1, 2006
      I'll bet that the Rocketboom downloads that week - March 6-10 - rise
      significantly if not radically. By early March this is going to be on
      the cover of Advertising Age and will be the biggest story in the
      world of advertising. Whoever wins that bid is going to reap HUGE
      benefit from the ancillary exposure. It will be a historical moment
      in the history of media as well as advertising and marketing.
      --
      Taylor Barcroft http://www.blogger.com/profile/11159903
      New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist, Podcaster, Futurecaster

      On Jan 30, 2006, at 8:44 AM, andrew michael baron wrote:

      > Here is the link, the auction is live now:
      > http://tinyurl.com/czs5s
      >
      > On Jan 28, 2006, at 6:52 PM, andrew michael baron wrote:
      >
      >> The story you link to is the gist, but not quite right on some of the
      >> detail but here is a better example:
      >>
      >> http://pdberger.com/blogarithms-rocketboom/
      >>
      >> http://www.whatsnextblog.com/archives/2006/01/
      >> rocketboom_to_auction_ad_slot.asp
      >>
      >> This all happened a bit early, I'll send a link tomrrow night to the
      >> actual e-bay ad itself.
      >>
      >> Gulp.
      >>
      >> On Jan 28, 2006, at 6:19 PM, James A. Donnelly wrote:
      >>
      >>> Interesting concept....
      >>> http://www.adrants.com/2006/01/rocketboom-to-sell-ad-time-via-ebay-
      >>> retai.php
      >>>
      >>> jad
      >>> madpod.com
      >>> petsonboard.com
      >>> dummycast.com
    • Ms. Kitka
      Message 81 of 81 , Feb 2, 2006
        Sorry, Kunga... my point being that their reserve could be MUCH higher
        than a measly $15,000.

        K.