iPod problem

  • Bill Streeter
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1 10:34 AM
      I have discovered that my ipod is cutting off the begining 10 to 20
      seconds or so of my videos that come thru my feed. This is really
      strange behavior. It seems that the same videos loaded on to the
      iPod manually work fine but for some reason when the files come thru
      the feed they are clipped at the begining. The play time on the ipod
      will say 0:00 at what I know is NOT the begining of the video and
      the video ends before all the time on the counter has elapsed. I
      think it could be an issue with the ipod, but if that is the case
      then why is it happening only to videos that come thru the feed? And
      not when the exact same files are loaded manually onto the ipod?
      Maybe it's the way Apple handles podcasts on the ipod, I dunno.
      Maybe it's just me. But if anyone that is subscribed to my vlog and
      has an ipod can check the feed against the flash version of my
      latest post on my site and tell me if they have the same issue so at
      least I'll know that it's local, I would be very grateful.

      Thanks!

      Bill Streeter
      LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
      www.lofistl.com
    • kelly belly
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1 12:45 PM
        I noticed this on your latest post; on my iPod the play time said
        00:00 but the video started with you in your car at the "28 videos"
        part. :-/

        The post before that seemed to work fine.

        I had only copied your "Tom Huck (repost)" video to my iPod, and that
        one seems to have some issues. The play count starts at 00:00 but
        then immediately skips forward to about 00:06 and starts playing.

        /Kelly
        --
        http://kellybelly.net

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1 1:24 PM
          Yeah I figured it out I think. And Boy do I feel like a bonehead. I
          was trying to figure out a work around to not having a poster frame
          in the flash file since that is most prominent on the site. So I cut
          and pasted a frame from the compressed movie and pasted at the
          beginning so that when I made it into flash it would show up as the
          still frame on the site. The problem is that if I upload the
          QuickTime movie like this it causes that particular error.
          Fortunately it seems to only effect playing on the iPod and not on a
          computer (at least on my mac). I'll have to remember to do this bit
          in editing next time rather than after compression. I guess I'll
          replace the files again. At least I figured it out. Thanks for your
          help.

          Bill Streeter
          LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
          www.lofistl.com