Hi everyone!

  • Maximiliano Bianchi
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi,
      I'm an Italian videoblogger: my name is Strelnik (real name:
      Maximiliano Bianchi) and I started videoblogging since the end of
      2005's summer.
      Kinobit is the videoblog I create (www.kinobit.it); it became soon a
      collective vlog to talk about vlog and ohters kind of video (spot,
      short films, toons) and to invite people to become videobloggers.

      I'm watching a lot of foreign vlog - in Italy vlogosphere is smaller,
      very smaller than in USA or than others countries - and I'm reading
      the messages of this group because I believe it's one of the best way
      to learn and to share our know-how.

      Because of these reasons, I appreciate very much stuff like Node101,
      Freevlog.org and all the common projects that many of you are
      developing; I think this is the gentlest media revolution ever seen:
      "the media is the movement is the media" - and no matters if someone
      is using videoblog just to talk about his cat or his political career,
      the important thing is to have an audince that is not a voyuer one,
      but that interacts and learns and answers and confont simply by
      making/becoming media.

      I would like to thank every vlogger in this list - and outside in the
      international vlogoscene - for the effort to spread the word
      "videoblog" giving people the chance to express and confront with
      everyone just by the force of opinions. This is democracy - or
      something very interesting, anyway.

      Last thing: I assembled one week ago a blob - vlog-soup, if you want -
      that I showed at Future Film Festival
      (http://www.futurefilmfestival.org/fwffff2006.html) in Bologna, Italy
      where I was invited to talk about next media convergence between
      television and web.
      It's also a sort of tribute and response to "Vlog Anarchy" - the
      videopost by Michael Verdi I appreciated very much for its freshness
      and honesty.
      I f you want you can see it here: http://www.kinobit.it/?p=139

      I would like to talk about many interesting things (rhizome movies and
      interactivity, the Carp caviar experiment, Rise Up Network etc), but
      as you surely realized, my English is so bad, and I have to finish here.

      Thanks again for your works&words, I'm reading you.

      salut et fraternité

      Strelnik
      (Kinobit - Collettivo malcikista)
    • Boggi Socke
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 20, 2006
        Hi everyone.

        My name is Ingvar, i´m a german videoblogger since shortly (dezember05) and post
        mostly artistical videos: [ greenhornsview.blogspot.com ]
        I work with QuartzComposer (built into MacOS X ) and Final Cut to work on vids of my
        digicam.

        as most of you probably, I suffer from chronical lack of comments, even though i write
        comments to other blogs. i guess my stuff isn´t really what people care about...

        greetings, ingvar

        Ciao Maximiliano!

        i´m happy to find your post, because i was looking for an italian vlogger-site to improve
        my italian for a 10day trip in march. Mostly i want to understand better spoken italian, last
        time i was in Rome, i didn´t get much of the conversations after the first 3 sentences and
        after two weeks i found it very frustrating to be there and be unable to understand. to
        learn a language it´s good to see "original" things, not language-learning books. you can
        see what is now bothering real people in the moment. i need the real thing.
        and movies give you voices to listen to, and also motion pictures to associate to the story
        and the voice, and associations help to remember.

        "Maximiliano" è inghlese per Massimiliano o sono due nomi diversi?

        ci vediamo sul tuo blog... anche perché il mio è in inghlese...

        ciao, Ingvar

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Maximiliano Bianchi" <strelnik@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        > I'm an Italian videoblogger: my name is Strelnik (real name:
        > Maximiliano Bianchi) and I started videoblogging since the end of
        > 2005's summer.
        > Kinobit is the videoblog I create (www.kinobit.it); it became soon a
        > collective vlog to talk about vlog and ohters kind of video (spot,
        > short films, toons) and to invite people to become videobloggers.
        >
        > I'm watching a lot of foreign vlog - in Italy vlogosphere is smaller,
        > very smaller than in USA or than others countries - and I'm reading
        > the messages of this group because I believe it's one of the best way
        > to learn and to share our know-how.
        >
        > Because of these reasons, I appreciate very much stuff like Node101,
        > Freevlog.org and all the common projects that many of you are
        > developing; I think this is the gentlest media revolution ever seen:
        > "the media is the movement is the media" - and no matters if someone
        > is using videoblog just to talk about his cat or his political career,
        > the important thing is to have an audince that is not a voyuer one,
        > but that interacts and learns and answers and confont simply by
        > making/becoming media.
        >
        > I would like to thank every vlogger in this list - and outside in the
        > international vlogoscene - for the effort to spread the word
        > "videoblog" giving people the chance to express and confront with
        > everyone just by the force of opinions. This is democracy - or
        > something very interesting, anyway.
        >
        > Last thing: I assembled one week ago a blob - vlog-soup, if you want -
        > that I showed at Future Film Festival
        > (http://www.futurefilmfestival.org/fwffff2006.html) in Bologna, Italy
        > where I was invited to talk about next media convergence between
        > television and web.
        > It's also a sort of tribute and response to "Vlog Anarchy" - the
        > videopost by Michael Verdi I appreciated very much for its freshness
        > and honesty.
        > I f you want you can see it here: http://www.kinobit.it/?p=139
        >
        > I would like to talk about many interesting things (rhizome movies and
        > interactivity, the Carp caviar experiment, Rise Up Network etc), but
        > as you surely realized, my English is so bad, and I have to finish here.
        >
        > Thanks again for your works&words, I'm reading you.
        >
        > salut et fraternité
        >
        > Strelnik
        > (Kinobit - Collettivo malcikista)

      • Kunga
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 20, 2006
          That soft profile of you with the distant tree in focus is really
          beautiful Ingvar. Nice work.
          --
          Taylor Barcroft
          New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist, Podcaster, Futurecaster

          On Feb 20, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Boggi Socke wrote:

          > My name is Ingvar, i´m a german videoblogger since shortly
          > (dezember05) and post
          > mostly artistical videos: [ greenhornsview.blogspot.com ]
          > I work with QuartzComposer (built into MacOS X ) and Final Cut to
          > work on vids of my
          > digicam.
          >
          > as most of you probably, I suffer from chronical lack of comments,
          > even though i write
          > comments to other blogs. i guess my stuff isn´t really what people
          > care about...
          >
          > greetings, ingvar
        • Arnþór Snær
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 20, 2006
            I maybe missing it but i can't find a feed for your vlog on your site.

            Strelnik's neither.

            -A

            --
            "Given enough coffee, I could rule the world."
            ~Author Unknown
            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 20, 2006
              making DVDs I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to burn DVDs that will play in standard, non computer players from the following applications and formats:

              Apps:
              Final Cut Pro
              DVD Studio Pro
              iMovie
              iDVD

              Formats:
              .avi
              .mov
              .m4v

              I've worked on this for hour after hour and I can't seem to get a useable DVD from the movies I've made.

              If anyone is an expert in this or can point me to the best resources, I would appreciate it.

              -d

              Darren Littlejohn
              Portland Jazz Jams
              ...jazz for your community
              http://portlandjazzjams.com

              Send a Donation via PayPal:

              https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=info%40portlandjazzjams%2ecom&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8

              skype: darrenlittlejohn
              msn IM: dog-matic@...
              yahoo IM: thebossa

              Listen FREE to our Podshow recordings of sessions, interviews and lessons!
              Click this link to subscribe to our Podshow in iTunes:
              http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=74172302&s=143441

              or visit the Podshow Page: http://podshow.portlandjazzjams.com

              PJJ News Blog: http://portlandjazzjams.blogspot.com
              PJJ Photo Gallery: http://photos.portlandjazzjams.com
              Streaming Video: http://portlandjazzjams.blip.tv
              PJJ Jazz Knowledge Wiki: http://portlandjazzjams.com/pjjwiki

            • Richard BF
              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 20, 2006
                Hi Darren,

                Welcome to the group!

                >I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to burn DVDs that
                >will play in standard, non computer players from the following
                >applications and formats:

                You didn't say what your problem was. Are there any error messages
                coming out of these applications?

                The main problem with burning DVDs and having them work on standard
                players, is the burn speed. Fast burns don't always work too well on
                standard players, so always pick the slowest burn speed.

                Although DVD Studio Pro allows you to set the burn speed, then build
                and burn, I've found it to be generally unreliable. I prefer to do it
                this way:

                1. Build the DVD in DVD Studio Pro, test with the simulate function,
                then use the build function to save it as a directory containing
                VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directories. Don't burn in DVD Studio Pro,
                build the directory structure only.

                2. Use FFMPEGX's IMG function to convert the directory into a DVD
                image file. I've found FFMPEG to be more stable that DVD Studio Pro,
                and there's way more users testing it. You can find the IMG function
                inside the Tools tab in FFMPEGX.

                3. Use Mac OS X Disk Utility to mount the new image as a disk.

                4. Run Apple's DVD Player, open the mounted disk and test it. It is
                important to do this step, as you're guaranteeing that the image has
                been built correctly. If everything works as expected, then
                everything up to this point has worked fine, and you can move on to
                the burn.

                5. Use Mac OS X Disk Utility to burn the DVD. Make sure you click on
                the blue arrow to expand the advanced options, and select the slowest
                burn speed. Then burn the DVD.

                6. Check the resulting DVD in a standard player. If it doesn't work,
                then (depending on why it doesn't work) chances are its still burning
                too fast, or you need to try a different DVD format (DVD-R, DVD+R, DL
                etc).

                Again it is important to do step 4, which will determine whether the
                problem is with the DVD file structure or the burn process.

                Hope this helps.

                Regards,
                Richard

                --
                Vlog: http://www.kashum.com
                Feed: http://www.kashum.com/rss2.xml
                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 20, 2006
                  I just feed iDVD an uncompressed quicktime file and go. Works for me.
                  No complaints. Just make sure you are using a DVD-R not a DVD+R, that
                  seems to be the most common issue when DVD's won't play in set top
                  players.

                  Bill Streeter
                  LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
                  www.lofistl.com

                  Message 8 of 22 , Feb 20, 2006
                    Re: [videoblogging] making DVDs on Mac OS X hey thanks! I'll try that and get back to you!

                    -d

                    Darren Littlejohn
                    Portland Jazz Jams
                    ...jazz for your community
                    http://portlandjazzjams.com

                    Podshow Page: http://podshow.portlandjazzjams.com
                    PJJ News Blog: http://portlandjazzjams.blogspot.com
                    PJJ Photo Gallery: http://photos.portlandjazzjams.com
                    Streaming Video: http://portlandjazzjams.blip.tv
                    PJJ Jazz Knowledge Wiki: http://portlandjazzjams.com/pjjwiki

                    On 2/20/06 4:30 PM, "Richard BF" <richardb@...> wrote:

                    Hi Darren,

                    Welcome to the group!

                    Message 9 of 22 , Feb 21, 2006
                      Hello Arnþór Snær.

                      you are right, i don´t have a feed icon yet.
                      the adress is:
                      http://greenhornsview.blogspot.com/atom.xml

                      just curious, where do you come from? interesting name...

                      greetings, ingvar

                      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Arnþór Snær" <arnthorsnaer@...>
                      wrote:

> [...]
                      > > > It's also a sort of tribute and response to "Vlog Anarchy" - the
                      > > > videopost by Michael Verdi I appreciated very much for its
                      freshness
                      > > > and honesty.
                      > > > I f you want you can see it here: http://www.kinobit.it/?p=139
                      > > >
                      > > > I would like to talk about many interesting things (rhizome
                      movies and
                      > > > interactivity, the Carp caviar experiment, Rise Up Network
                      etc), but
                      > > > as you surely realized, my English is so bad, and I have to
                      finish here.

                      > > > Thanks again for your works&words, I'm reading you.
                      > > >
                      > > > salut et fraternité
                      > > >
                      > > > Strelnik
                      > > > (Kinobit - Collettivo malcikista)

                      > > Individual Fireant Use

                      > > ________________________________
                      > >

                      > --
                      > "Given enough coffee, I could rule the world."

                    • Arnþór Snær
                      Message 10 of 22 , Feb 21, 2006
                        Fireant isnt receptive to the feed, i think the video url has to be in
                        the enclosure tag of the feed. Feedburner (.com) can probably create a
                        compatible feed for you.

                        I hail from Iceland.

                        regards, Arnþór

                        Message 11 of 22 , Feb 21, 2006
                          Re: [videoblogging] making DVDs on Mac OS X I built the video_TS and audio_TS folders in DVD Studio Pro, then went into FFMPEG and selected Tools, IMG and made a Disk Image. Then I mounted the image. Then I opened DVD Player and the Video_TS folder and nothing happens. I get a grey screen. It won't let me advance to another chapter, although I put 6 chapter markers in the project.

                          If I open individual .VOB files in the Finder, the first one IS this grey box, the next ones are the actual video. Maybe DVD Studio Pro builds this file and DVD Player thinks it's a real video but it's not?

                          Now what?

                          -d

                          On 2/20/06 4:30 PM, "Richard BF" <richardb@...> wrote:

                          Hi Darren,

                          Welcome to the group!

                          >I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to burn DVDs that
                          >will play in standard, non computer players from the following
                          >applications and formats:

                          You didn't say what your problem was. Are there any error messages
                          coming out of these applications?

                          The main problem with burning DVDs and having them work on standard
                          players, is the burn speed. Fast burns don't always work too well on
                          standard players, so always pick the slowest burn speed.

                          Although DVD Studio Pro allows you to set the burn speed, then build
                          and burn, I've found it to be generally unreliable. I prefer to do it
                          this way:

                          1. Build the DVD in DVD Studio Pro, test with the simulate function,
                          then use the build function to save it as a directory containing
                          VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directories. Don't burn in DVD Studio Pro,
                          build the directory structure only.

                          2. Use FFMPEGX's IMG function to convert the directory into a DVD
                          image file. I've found FFMPEG to be more stable that DVD Studio Pro,
                          and there's way more users testing it. You can find the IMG function
                          inside the Tools tab in FFMPEGX.

                          3. Use Mac OS X Disk Utility to mount the new image as a disk.

                          4. Run Apple's DVD Player, open the mounted disk and test it. It is
                          important to do this step, as you're guaranteeing that the image has
                          been built correctly. If everything works as expected, then
                          everything up to this point has worked fine, and you can move on to
                          the burn.

                          5. Use Mac OS X Disk Utility to burn the DVD. Make sure you click on
                          the blue arrow to expand the advanced options, and select the slowest
                          burn speed. Then burn the DVD.

                          6. Check the resulting DVD in a standard player. If it doesn't work,
                          then (depending on why it doesn't work) chances are its still burning
                          too fast, or you need to try a different DVD format (DVD-R, DVD+R, DL
                          etc).

                          Again it is important to do step 4, which will determine whether the
                          problem is with the DVD file structure or the burn process.

                          Hope this helps.

                          Regards,
                            Richard

                        • Amber Madison
                          Message 12 of 22 , Aug 20 2:18 PM
                            I just joined this group, and wanted to introduce
                            myself. My name is Amber Madison, and I am a recent
                            graduate of Tufts University. Last fall, I published
                            a book for girls about safer sex, sexuality, and
                            relationships, (Hooking Up: A Girl's All-Out Guide to
                            Sex and Sexuality), and a few weeks ago I launched a
                            web tv channel, with all sorts of two minute video
                            clips about things like condom use, relationships,
                            basically anything sexual. I think that this is a
                            great way to reach people with information about
                            sexual health, and healthy relationships, but I also
                            like I could really use feedback about ways to make
                            the site the best it can be. Anyway, the site is
                            www.ambermadison.tv, if anyone has an interest in
                            checking it out, or has any suggestions. Thanks so
                            much, and I can't wait to check out everyone else's
                            work too!

                            Amber

                            http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/
                          • Irina
                            Message 13 of 22 , Aug 20 3:03 PM
                              hi amber!
                              welcome!

                              a good way to join the community is to check out
                              other videos peole have posted on a similar topic
                              and leave comments and feed back for them

                              have you checked out other vlogs on your topic?

                              On 8/20/07, Amber Madison <amberamadison@...> wrote:

                              > I just joined this group, and wanted to introduce
                              > myself. My name is Amber Madison, and I am a recent
                              > graduate of Tufts University. Last fall, I published
                              > a book for girls about safer sex, sexuality, and
                              > relationships, (Hooking Up: A Girl's All-Out Guide to
                              > Sex and Sexuality), and a few weeks ago I launched a
                              > web tv channel, with all sorts of two minute video
                              > clips about things like condom use, relationships,
                              > basically anything sexual. I think that this is a
                              > great way to reach people with information about
                              > sexual health, and healthy relationships, but I also
                              > like I could really use feedback about ways to make
                              > the site the best it can be. Anyway, the site is
                              > www.ambermadison.tv, if anyone has an interest in
                              > checking it out, or has any suggestions. Thanks so
                              > much, and I can't wait to check out everyone else's
                              > work too!
                              >
                              > Amber

                              > Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car
                              > Finder tool.
                              > http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/

                              --
                              http://geekentertainment.tv

                            • Amber Madison
                              Message 14 of 22 , Aug 20 4:38 PM
                                Thanks! Sorry to be totally dense here, but is there a place to search through the topics
                                and find other people's videos? I don't really know how to find other people's vlogs.
                                Sorry! Clearly, technology is not my strong point:)

                                --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Irina <irinaski@...> wrote:

                                > hi amber!
                                > welcome!
                                >
                                > a good way to join the community is to check out
                                > other videos peole have posted on a similar topic
                                > and leave comments and feed back for them
                                >
                                > have you checked out other vlogs on your topic?
                                >
                                > On 8/20/07, Amber Madison <amberamadison@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > I just joined this group, and wanted to introduce
                                > > myself. My name is Amber Madison, and I am a recent
                                > > graduate of Tufts University. Last fall, I published
                                > > a book for girls about safer sex, sexuality, and
                                > > relationships, (Hooking Up: A Girl's All-Out Guide to
                                > > Sex and Sexuality), and a few weeks ago I launched a
                                > > web tv channel, with all sorts of two minute video
                                > > clips about things like condom use, relationships,
                                > > basically anything sexual. I think that this is a
                                > > great way to reach people with information about
                                > > sexual health, and healthy relationships, but I also
                                > > like I could really use feedback about ways to make
                                > > the site the best it can be. Anyway, the site is
                                > > www.ambermadison.tv, if anyone has an interest in
                                > > checking it out, or has any suggestions. Thanks so
                                > > much, and I can't wait to check out everyone else's
                                > > work too!
                                > >
                                > > Amber

                                > > Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car
                                > > Finder tool.
                                > > http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/
                                > >

                                > --
                                > http://geekentertainment.tv

                              • David Howell
                                Message 15 of 22 , Aug 20 4:51 PM
                                  Hey Amber

                                  Searching this group probably wouldnt be the best to place to find
                                  other peoples videos and sites. Best bet would be to go to blip.tv and
                                  do a search there. Another good place to look is mefeedia.com.

                                  David
                                  http://www.davidhowellstudios.com
                                  http://www.taoofdavid.com

                                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Amber Madison"
                                  <amberamadison@...> wrote:

                                  > Thanks! Sorry to be totally dense here, but is there a place to
                                  search through the topics
                                  > and find other people's videos? I don't really know how to find
                                  other people's vlogs.
                                  > Sorry! Clearly, technology is not my strong point:)
                                  >
                                  > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Irina <irinaski@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > hi amber!
                                  > > welcome!
                                  > >
                                  > > a good way to join the community is to check out
                                  > > other videos peole have posted on a similar topic
                                  > > and leave comments and feed back for them
                                  > >
                                  > > have you checked out other vlogs on your topic?
                                  > >
                                  > > On 8/20/07, Amber Madison <amberamadison@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I just joined this group, and wanted to introduce
                                  > > > myself. My name is Amber Madison, and I am a recent
                                  > > > graduate of Tufts University. Last fall, I published
                                  > > > a book for girls about safer sex, sexuality, and
                                  > > > relationships, (Hooking Up: A Girl's All-Out Guide to
                                  > > > Sex and Sexuality), and a few weeks ago I launched a
                                  > > > web tv channel, with all sorts of two minute video
                                  > > > clips about things like condom use, relationships,
                                  > > > basically anything sexual. I think that this is a
                                  > > > great way to reach people with information about
                                  > > > sexual health, and healthy relationships, but I also
                                  > > > like I could really use feedback about ways to make
                                  > > > the site the best it can be. Anyway, the site is
                                  > > > www.ambermadison.tv, if anyone has an interest in
                                  > > > checking it out, or has any suggestions. Thanks so
                                  > > > much, and I can't wait to check out everyone else's
                                  > > > work too!
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Amber

                                  > > > Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos
                                  new Car
                                  > > > Finder tool.
                                  > > > http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/
                                  > > >

                                  > > --
                                  > > http://geekentertainment.tv

                                • terry.rendon
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Aug 20 4:55 PM
                                    Hello Amber,

                                    Welcome.
                                    I would try some of these search engines:
                                    http://video.google.com/?tab=wv
                                    http://blogsearch.google.com/?tab=wb
                                    http://video.yahoo.com/

                                    I would help you search for other video blogs that deal with the same
                                    topics as you but I'm kinda scared with what I might turn up. Anyways.
                                    Actually I think your site is quite unique and not too many other places
                                    are covering health and sex.

                                    Terry Ann

                                    <amberamadison@...> wrote:

                                    > Thanks! Sorry to be totally dense here, but is there a place to
                                    search through the topics
                                    > and find other people's videos? I don't really know how to find other
                                    people's vlogs.
                                    > Sorry! Clearly, technology is not my strong point:)
                                    >
                                    > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Irina irinaski@ wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > hi amber!
                                    > > welcome!
                                    > >
                                    > > a good way to join the community is to check out
                                    > > other videos peole have posted on a similar topic
                                    > > and leave comments and feed back for them
                                    > >
                                    > > have you checked out other vlogs on your topic?
                                    > >
                                    > > On 8/20/07, Amber Madison amberamadison@ wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > I just joined this group, and wanted to introduce
                                    > > > myself. My name is Amber Madison, and I am a recent
                                    > > > graduate of Tufts University. Last fall, I published
                                    > > > a book for girls about safer sex, sexuality, and
                                    > > > relationships, (Hooking Up: A Girl's All-Out Guide to
                                    > > > Sex and Sexuality), and a few weeks ago I launched a
                                    > > > web tv channel, with all sorts of two minute video
                                    > > > clips about things like condom use, relationships,
                                    > > > basically anything sexual. I think that this is a
                                    > > > great way to reach people with information about
                                    > > > sexual health, and healthy relationships, but I also
                                    > > > like I could really use feedback about ways to make
                                    > > > the site the best it can be. Anyway, the site is
                                    > > > www.ambermadison.tv, if anyone has an interest in
                                    > > > checking it out, or has any suggestions. Thanks so
                                    > > > much, and I can't wait to check out everyone else's
                                    > > > work too!
                                    > > >
                                    > > > Amber

                                    > > > Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos
                                    new Car
                                    > > > Finder tool.
                                    > > > http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/
                                    > > >

                                    > > --
                                    > > http://geekentertainment.tv

                                  • Frank Sinton
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Aug 20 5:36 PM
                                      Hi Amber,

                                      Good to have a fellow Jumbo on the list (I am E'94). You can discover a lot
                                      of vlogs on Mefeedia:

                                      http://www.mefeedia.com
                                      Browse the Guides
                                      Search the Feeds

                                      You can also add your video feed from your site:
                                      http://www.mefeedia.com/add.php

                                      Regards,
                                      -Frank

                                      Frank Sinton
                                      CEO
                                      frank@...
                                      http://mefeedia.com/user/franks/

                                      http://mefeedia.com - Discover, Collect, and Share video blogs

                                      On 8/20/07, terry.rendon <terry.rendon@...> wrote:

                                      > Hello Amber,
                                      >
                                      > Welcome.
                                      > I would try some of these search engines:
                                      > http://video.google.com/?tab=wv
                                      > http://blogsearch.google.com/?tab=wb
                                      > http://video.yahoo.com/
                                      >
                                      > I would help you search for other video blogs that deal with the same
                                      > topics as you but I'm kinda scared with what I might turn up. Anyways.
                                      > Actually I think your site is quite unique and not too many other places
                                      > are covering health and sex.
                                      >
                                      > Terry Ann

                                      > "Amber Madison"
                                      > <amberamadison@...> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Thanks! Sorry to be totally dense here, but is there a place to
                                      > search through the topics
                                      > > and find other people's videos? I don't really know how to find other
                                      > people's vlogs.
                                      > > Sorry! Clearly, technology is not my strong point:)
                                      > >
                                      > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com <videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,
                                      > Irina irinaski@ wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > hi amber!
                                      > > > welcome!
                                      > > >
                                      > > > a good way to join the community is to check out
                                      > > > other videos peole have posted on a similar topic
                                      > > > and leave comments and feed back for them
                                      > > >
                                      > > > have you checked out other vlogs on your topic?

                                      > new Car
                                      > > > >

                                      > > > --
                                      > > > http://geekentertainment.tv

                                      Frank Sinton
                                      CEO
                                      frank@...

                                      http://www.mefeedia.com/user/franks/ - What are you watching?

                                    • Brook Hinton
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Aug 20 7:45 PM
                                        And actually you CAN find the vlogs by people on this list if they have
                                        links to them in their sigs, so that can be a start as well.

                                      • Irina
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Aug 20 9:14 PM
                                          my friend and colleague (she does getv with us) violet blue
                                          is a sf chronicle sex columnist
                                          and vlogger
                                          tinynibbles.com

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Aug 21 8:28 AM
                                            Awesome! Thank you guys so much for all of your help and direction...I feel a lot less lost.

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Aug 21 11:21 AM
                                              On 8/20/07, Amber Madison <amberamadison@...> wrote:
                                              > Thanks! Sorry to be totally dense here, but is there a place to search through the topics
                                              > and find other people's videos? I don't really know how to find other people's vlogs.
                                              > Sorry! Clearly, technology is not my strong point:)

                                              for this group specifically, we also have a growing list of people who
                                              have identified themselves:
                                              http://videoblogginggroup.pbwiki.com/Who%20we%20are

                                              we have lots of watchers.
                                              its a wiki...so add yourself.

                                              jay

                                              --
                                              http://jaydedman.com
                                              Message 22 of 22 , Aug 21 12:07 PM
                                                > I just joined this group, and wanted to introduce
                                                > myself. My name is Amber Madison, and I am a recent
                                                > graduate of Tufts University. Last fall, I published
                                                > a book for girls about safer sex, sexuality, and
                                                > relationships, (Hooking Up: A Girl's All-Out Guide to
                                                > Sex and Sexuality), and a few weeks ago I launched a
                                                > web tv channel, with all sorts of two minute video
                                                > clips about things like condom use, relationships,
                                                > basically anything sexual.

                                                Melisa Gira also does a videoblog on sexuality:
                                                http://www.sexerati.com/

                                                http://jaydedman.com