video conference tip #5 - terms of use

  • Markus Sandy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      Enric remarked:

      I think as administrator/booker of the Tuesday & Saturday Flash Meetings that
      there should be a Terms of Service stating among other things how
      anyone with admin rights will use and reference the material in the
      meetings, under which grounds people will be prohibited from meetings
      and such.

      Flashmeeting is a university research project and so all your vids be their data! :)

      See the terms of service on the http://flashmeeting.com site.
      The site url's are not "REST"-ful and so you will have to use the menus.
      It's in the memo section, under "Terms"
      Note in particular, the part where it states:

      ...this service is provided via a server used for research purposes. If you choose to record your meeting you are agreeing to the ownership of the resulting data and files residing with The Open University. These files and any resulting data may subsequently be used for research.

      All of our meetings are recorded, as stated clearly when you login for a meeting.  These meetings are public in the sense that their urls are listed both in this group and on the flashmeeting site's public schedule page.  Also, links to the recordings are available to *anyone* via the voxmedia wiki; this includes administrators, as well as the general public, google, your next of kin, university researchers and federal governments.  Many people have created screencasts of excerpts for reposting, snapshots, re-mix's, etc.

      I don't know how the other people who schedule meetings handle it, but if issues arise (i.e., people complain), I discuss it with the people in question and the moderators of this group.  This has only happened a few times and only once was someone temporarily banned,

      BTW, there's a meeting scheduled for 1am GMT (that's at 5pm this evening here in California) - that's about 5 1/2 hours from now.

      http://flash.kmi.open.ac.uk:8080/fm/index.php?pwd=62174c-3017

      This suggests some possible topics:
      * capturing and remixing flash content
      * fair use of flashmeeting recordings
      * fair use of cats in flashmeetings and rss feeds

      markus

      http://apperceptions.org
      http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com
      http://node101.org