Re: [videoblogging] Wahington Street Journal on Video Blogging

  • R. Kristiansen
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 3, 2005
      > Mr. Lorentsen should just send an invoice to Dagbladet. They obviously owe
      > him a lot of money (unless he gave them rights to distribute for free).
      > Especially when the editor is stupid enough to admit copyright
      > infringement in public.

      I just sent this e-mail to Oliver Orskaug ( oor@... ) :

      "Hei Oliver Orskaug,
      / Hello Oliver Orskaug,

      Jeg leste i dag denne saken på Wall Street Journal:
      http://online.wsj.com/public/article/0,,SB110470611254614746,00.html

      hvor du siteres.

      / Today I read this story in the Wall Street Journal
      ... where you are quoted

      Jeg lurte egentlig bare på om Tommy Lorentson som var den som egentlig
      tok den filmen fikk en del av de 20.000$ som nevnes i artikkelen.

      / I basically wondered whether Tommy Lorentsson who was the guy really
      shooting that footage got a piece of the 20.000$ mentioned in the
      article.

      Spørsmålet er altså om Dagbladet "overtok" rettighetene da dere fikk
      dem fra Bornesand. Dette er nemlig et spørsmål som sirkulerer på
      nettet i disse timer..

      / The question is then whether Dagbladet "took over" the copyrights
      when you received them (the movie) from Bornesand. This is a question
      circulating on the net in these hours...

      mvh
      Raymond M. Kristiansen
      blogger og politisk aktiv og som selv så langt har diskutert saken her:
      http://dltq.blogs.com/dltq/2005/01/the_vlogging_er.html

      / best regards ... blogger and politically active and who so far has
      discussed the case here ...
    • R. Kristiansen
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 3, 2005
        i received an answer from Orskaug as well as from the WSJ journalist
        whom I asked some questions about this. I was told by Mr. Orskaug not
        to spread the information he gave me - but it was all Very interesting
        and I have asked him for permission again to post it on my blog.

        rmk
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 3, 2005
          > i received an answer from Orskaug as well as from the WSJ journalist
          > whom I asked some questions about this. I was told by Mr. Orskaug not
          > to spread the information he gave me - but it was all Very interesting
          > and I have asked him for permission again to post it on my blog.

          haha...
          this is very funny!
          the power of connecting to each other.
          I want to know what he said.
          Steve makes a very good point.

          Jay
        • R. Kristiansen
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 3, 2005
            I had a rather long telephone talk with Mr. Orskaug and I was given
            permission to quote him on my weblog. So here is my blog entry on the
            WSJ article:

            http://dltq.blogs.com/dltq/2005/01/the_vlogging_er.html

            Best regards,
            Raymond
          • Steve Garfield
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 3, 2005
              Raymond,
              That was a great job of citizen journalism on your part.

              Thanks for the follow up.
              --Steve

              On Jan 3, 2005, at 2:27 PM, R. Kristiansen wrote:

              > I had a rather long telephone talk with Mr. Orskaug and I was given
              > permission to quote him on my weblog. So here is my blog entry on the
              > WSJ article:
              >
              > http://dltq.blogs.com/dltq/2005/01/the_vlogging_er.html
              >
              > Best regards,
              > Raymond
              --------------------------------
              Web Site:
              http://stevegarfield.com
              --------------------------------
            • Lisa Harper
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 3, 2005
                Fascinating article, Raymond. The real story behind the story! This is
                good journalism! One thing that bugs me about content in traditional
                news stories is that the story is usually so lacking in detail that
                sometimes one is left with mistaken impressions or large cliffhanger
                questions. You really filled in the details on this one.
                Lisa
                http://www.lisaharper.org

                On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:27:17 +0100, R. Kristiansen <raymondmk@...> wrote:

                > I had a rather long telephone talk with Mr. Orskaug and I was given
                > permission to quote him on my weblog. So here is my blog entry on the
                > WSJ article:
                >
                > http://dltq.blogs.com/dltq/2005/01/the_vlogging_er.html
                >
                > Best regards,
                > Raymond