Prediction for Vloggercon

  • Jakob Lodwick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
      I think that Vloggercon will be an astroundingly densely-documented
      event due to the magnitude of perspectives of not only the convention,
      but the lead-up and aftermath as well. Obviously, bigger events have
      more cameras and produce more raw footage, but the percentage of
      participants who document will be higher than you would expect for
      almost any other event. Someone who views the resulting footage will
      have a strong understanding of the meaning of the event, because they
      will get up-close views of everyone involved and insight into *why*
      those people are involved and what it means to them.

      I think that the experience will be a prototype to see how vlogging
      might work in the future when lots of people are shooting video of the
      same events and people, and all those clips are viewable within one
      system.

      I certainly hope I can have Vimeo ready for multiple users by the 22nd.

      Jakob
      http://vimeo.com/
    • Eric Botticelli
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
        > I certainly hope I can have Vimeo ready for multiple users by the 22nd.
        >
        > Jakob
        > http://vimeo.com/

        Wow, thats amazing. Everyone check this out if they haven't yet:

        http://www.blumpy.org/vimeo/?page=generate
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2005
          > I think that the experience will be a prototype to see how vlogging
          > might work in the future when lots of people are shooting video of >the same events and people, and all those clips are viewable >within one system.
          >
          > I certainly hope I can have Vimeo ready for multiple users by the 22nd.

          Jakob--

          be very cool to use Vloggercon as an experiement for Vimeo.
          autogenerated playlist of recordings from the same event.
          everyone simply upload their clips with metadata/keywords...
          lets do it.