Re: [videoblogging] iMovie4 - won't share still clips as DV file, why?

  • Paul Knight
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
      Ermmm, It doesn't let you save it as full quality?
      share.>quicktime>full quality
      this is a DV file.
      Save it as a .mov, get a new imovie project going, import the .mov file
      and then share it as full quality.

      It does sound odd though.

      Paul

      On 2 Jan 2006, at 00:16, francisco_daum wrote:

      > I've got an iMovie 4 movie composed entirely of jpegs from a shared
      > iPhoto 2 library. They have transitions and Ken Burns effects. The
      > movie can be saved using all options except as a DV file. For now, my
      > archive of this movie is the original movie folder- about 2 GBs. I
      > would rather have a DV file though. 1.5 GB's of storage isn't much of
      > difference but compiling DV files in a single project would be easier.

      > Individual
      > Fireant
      > Typepad
      > Use
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >
      > ▪  Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

      > Service.

      Do yourself a favour and Visit my Vlog

      http://pjkproductions.blogspot.com

      It's worth a laugh and work friendly.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
        > I've got an iMovie 4 movie composed entirely of jpegs from a shared
        > iPhoto 2 library. They have transitions and Ken Burns effects. The
        > movie can be saved using all options except as a DV file. For now, my
        > archive of this movie is the original movie folder- about 2 GBs. I
        > would rather have a DV file though. 1.5 GB's of storage isn't much of
        > difference but compiling DV files in a single project would be easier.

        i know its obvious...but try quitting out and restarting iMovie.
        usually these bugs smooth themselves out.
        you should be able to choose "Full Quality".

        Adventures in Videoblogging
        <http://www.momentshowing.net>
        <http://getFireAnt.com>
        <http://node101.org>
      • francisco_daum
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "francisco_daum"
          <francisco_daum@y...> wrote:

          > I've got an iMovie 4 movie composed entirely of jpegs from a shared
          > iPhoto 2 library. They have transitions and Ken Burns effects. The
          > movie can be saved using all options except as a DV file. For now, my
          > archive of this movie is the original movie folder- about 2 GBs. I
          > would rather have a DV file though. 1.5 GB's of storage isn't much of
          > difference but compiling DV files in a single project would be easier.

          IT'S A DONE DEAL.
          I tried deleting the imovie .plist file, restarted the computer,
          repaired permissions, and ran my cron tasks.

          It didn't work. I just saved the project using the highest setting
          quicktime .mov file.

          I started another iMovie project and burned it to iDVD 4 with no problem.

          Then for the hell of it I deleted the .plist file again and reopened
          the pesky iMovie 4 short. It shared Full Quality DV. Go figure.
        • francisco_daum
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
            IT'S A DONE DEAL.
            I tried deleting the imovie .plist file, restarted the computer,
            repaired permissions, and ran my cron tasks.

            It didn't work. I just saved the project using the highest setting
            quicktime .mov file.

            I started another iMovie project and burned it to iDVD 4 with no problem.

            Then for the hell of it I deleted the .plist file again and reopened
            the pesky iMovie 4 short. It shared Full Quality DV. Go figure.--- In

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
              IT'S A DONE DEAL.