iMovie4 - won't share still clips as DV file, why?

  • francisco_daum
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
      I've got an iMovie 4 movie composed entirely of jpegs from a shared
      iPhoto 2 library. They have transitions and Ken Burns effects. The
      movie can be saved using all options except as a DV file. For now, my
      archive of this movie is the original movie folder- about 2 GBs. I
      would rather have a DV file though. 1.5 GB's of storage isn't much of
      difference but compiling DV files in a single project would be easier.
    • Paul Knight
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
        Ermmm, It doesn't let you save it as full quality?
        share.>quicktime>full quality
        this is a DV file.
        Save it as a .mov, get a new imovie project going, import the .mov file
        and then share it as full quality.

        It does sound odd though.

        Paul

        On 2 Jan 2006, at 00:16, francisco_daum wrote:

        > I've got an iMovie 4 movie composed entirely of jpegs from a shared
        > iPhoto 2 library. They have transitions and Ken Burns effects. The
        > movie can be saved using all options except as a DV file. For now, my
        > archive of this movie is the original movie folder- about 2 GBs. I
        > would rather have a DV file though. 1.5 GB's of storage isn't much of
        > difference but compiling DV files in a single project would be easier.

        > Individual
        > Fireant
        > Typepad
        > Use
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > ▪  Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

        > Service.

        Do yourself a favour and Visit my Vlog

        http://pjkproductions.blogspot.com

        It's worth a laugh and work friendly.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
          > I've got an iMovie 4 movie composed entirely of jpegs from a shared
          > iPhoto 2 library. They have transitions and Ken Burns effects. The
          > movie can be saved using all options except as a DV file. For now, my
          > archive of this movie is the original movie folder- about 2 GBs. I
          > would rather have a DV file though. 1.5 GB's of storage isn't much of
          > difference but compiling DV files in a single project would be easier.

          i know its obvious...but try quitting out and restarting iMovie.
          usually these bugs smooth themselves out.
          you should be able to choose "Full Quality".

          Adventures in Videoblogging
          <http://www.momentshowing.net>
          <http://getFireAnt.com>
          <http://node101.org>
        • francisco_daum
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "francisco_daum"
            <francisco_daum@y...> wrote:

            > I've got an iMovie 4 movie composed entirely of jpegs from a shared
            > iPhoto 2 library. They have transitions and Ken Burns effects. The
            > movie can be saved using all options except as a DV file. For now, my
            > archive of this movie is the original movie folder- about 2 GBs. I
            > would rather have a DV file though. 1.5 GB's of storage isn't much of
            > difference but compiling DV files in a single project would be easier.

            IT'S A DONE DEAL.
            I tried deleting the imovie .plist file, restarted the computer,
            repaired permissions, and ran my cron tasks.

            It didn't work. I just saved the project using the highest setting
            quicktime .mov file.

            I started another iMovie project and burned it to iDVD 4 with no problem.

            Then for the hell of it I deleted the .plist file again and reopened
            the pesky iMovie 4 short. It shared Full Quality DV. Go figure.
          • francisco_daum
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006
              IT'S A DONE DEAL.
              I tried deleting the imovie .plist file, restarted the computer,
              repaired permissions, and ran my cron tasks.

              It didn't work. I just saved the project using the highest setting
              quicktime .mov file.

              I started another iMovie project and burned it to iDVD 4 with no problem.

              Then for the hell of it I deleted the .plist file again and reopened
              the pesky iMovie 4 short. It shared Full Quality DV. Go figure.--- In

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 1, 2006