Re: for the wordpress users....

  • taoofdavid65
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
      Edmund...

      Not sure if this would work for you however there is a plugin to embed
      Flash. It's called Kimili Flash Embed.

      http://www.kimili.com/journal/38/kimili-flash-embed---wordpress-edition

      No idea if it will work in Wordpress 2.0 though?

      David
      http://www.taoofdavid.com

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Edmund Yeo" <eswiftfire@h...>
      wrote:

      > Hmm, I'll give it a try too then. I had some trouble trying to embed
      > flash files (the ones from vSocial, hehe) on my www.swiftyworks.com
      > site. Weird.
      >
      > Edmund Yeo
      > http://swiftywriting.blogspot.com
      >
      > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "taoofdavid65" <taoofdavid@g...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > A few tweaks here and there an my upgrade was rather painless as well.
      > > A simple understanding of web design is all it takes.
      > >
      > > Lisa, I use Mudbombs WYSIWYG editor. You might have better luck with
      > > that.
      > http://mudbomb.com/archives/2005/02/02/wysiwyg-plugin-for-wordpress/
      > >
      > > David
      > > http://www.taoofdavid.com

    • Edmund Yeo
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
        wrote:

        > Edmund...
        >
        > Not sure if this would work for you however there is a plugin to embed
        > Flash. It's called Kimili Flash Embed.
        >
        > http://www.kimili.com/journal/38/kimili-flash-embed---wordpress-edition
        >
        > No idea if it will work in Wordpress 2.0 though?
        >
        > David
        > http://www.taoofdavid.com

        Nope, it doesn't work with Wordpress.

        Based on the last few comments on that Kimili page, it seems that all
        Wordpress 2.0. users are suffering from what I'm suffering too.
      • Verdi
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2006
          If you look at the bottom of your wordpress user profile there is a
          checkbox about using the rich text editor. Uncheck it and you should
          be able to embed video in your posts. That worked for me.
          -Verdi
          --
          Me: http://michaelverdi.com
          R&D: http://evilvlog.com

          On Jan 1, 2006, at 2:03 PM, Edmund Yeo wrote:

          > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "taoofdavid65" <taoofdavid@g...>
          > wrote:
          >>
          >> Edmund...
          >>
          >> Not sure if this would work for you however there is a plugin to
          >> embed
          >> Flash. It's called Kimili Flash Embed.
          >>
          >> http://www.kimili.com/journal/38/kimili-flash-embed---wordpress-
          >> edition
          >>
          >> No idea if it will work in Wordpress 2.0 though?
          >>
          >> David
          >> http://www.taoofdavid.com
          >>

          > Nope, it doesn't work with Wordpress.
          >
          > Based on the last few comments on that Kimili page, it seems that all
          > Wordpress 2.0. users are suffering from what I'm suffering too.
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Klaas
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2006
            You do not have to disable the rich text editor (wordpress 2.0 or
            WYSIWIG plugin for 1.5)use the HTML button and insert your code
            directly into the source of the post.

            -Blips

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Verdi <michael@m...> wrote:

            > If you look at the bottom of your wordpress user profile there is
            > checkbox about using the rich text editor. Uncheck it and you
            should
            > be able to embed video in your posts. That worked for me.
            > -Verdi
            > --
            > Me: http://michaelverdi.com
            > R&D: http://evilvlog.com
            > Learn to videoblog: http://freevlog.org
            > Learn to videoblog in person: http://node101.org
            >
            > On Jan 1, 2006, at 2:03 PM, Edmund Yeo wrote:
            >
            > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "taoofdavid65"
            <taoofdavid@g...>
            > > wrote:
            > >>
            > >> Edmund...
            > >>
            > >> Not sure if this would work for you however there is a plugin
            > >> embed
            > >> Flash. It's called Kimili Flash Embed.
            > >>
            > >> http://www.kimili.com/journal/38/kimili-flash-embed---wordpress-

            > >> edition
            > >>
            > >> No idea if it will work in Wordpress 2.0 though?
            > >>
            > >> David
            > >> http://www.taoofdavid.com
            > >>

            > > Nope, it doesn't work with Wordpress.
            > >
            > > Based on the last few comments on that Kimili page, it seems
            that all
            > > Wordpress 2.0. users are suffering from what I'm suffering too.
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Verdi
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2006
              Can you confirm that that works? It didn't for me.
              -Verdi

              On Jan 3, 2006, at 11:55 AM, Klaas wrote:

              > You do not have to disable the rich text editor (wordpress 2.0 or
              > WYSIWIG plugin for 1.5)use the HTML button and insert your code
              > directly into the source of the post.
              >
              > -Blips
              >
              > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Verdi <michael@m...> wrote:
              >>
              >> If you look at the bottom of your wordpress user profile there is
              >> checkbox about using the rich text editor. Uncheck it and you
              > should
              >> be able to embed video in your posts. That worked for me.
              >> -Verdi
              >> --
              >> Me: http://michaelverdi.com
              >> R&D: http://evilvlog.com
              >> Learn to videoblog: http://freevlog.org
              >> Learn to videoblog in person: http://node101.org
              >>
              >> On Jan 1, 2006, at 2:03 PM, Edmund Yeo wrote:
              >>
              >>> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "taoofdavid65"
              > <taoofdavid@g...>

              >>> Nope, it doesn't work with Wordpress.
              >>>
              >>> Based on the last few comments on that Kimili page, it seems
              > that all
              >>> Wordpress 2.0. users are suffering from what I'm suffering too.
              >>>

              >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Klaas
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 3, 2006
                Try it yourself;

                Goto my wordpress multi user website http://megaweblog.com login as
                user test password test and create a post.

                If the WISYWYG keys do not show up refresh the screen (CTRL+F5),
                look for the blue html button and you can add html into the source.

                The WordPress muti user version is based on Wordpress 2.0