Re: for the wordpress users....

  • Edmund Yeo
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
      Eeek, I'm at 2.0 too. It IS WYSIWYG. But I just can't seem to embed
      anything. Especially flash files. Gah.

      Edmund
      http://swiftywriting.blogspot.com

      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Ronen <mikeronen@g...> wrote:

      > I had to fix a bunch of bugs in my code, but I'm now at 2.0
      >
      > ;-)

    • taoofdavid65
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
        Edmund...

        Not sure if this would work for you however there is a plugin to embed
        Flash. It's called Kimili Flash Embed.

        http://www.kimili.com/journal/38/kimili-flash-embed---wordpress-edition

        No idea if it will work in Wordpress 2.0 though?

        David
        http://www.taoofdavid.com

        --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Edmund Yeo" <eswiftfire@h...>
        wrote:

        > Hmm, I'll give it a try too then. I had some trouble trying to embed
        > flash files (the ones from vSocial, hehe) on my www.swiftyworks.com
        > site. Weird.
        >
        > Edmund Yeo
        > http://swiftywriting.blogspot.com
        >
        > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "taoofdavid65" <taoofdavid@g...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > A few tweaks here and there an my upgrade was rather painless as well.
        > > A simple understanding of web design is all it takes.
        > >
        > > Lisa, I use Mudbombs WYSIWYG editor. You might have better luck with
        > > that.
        > http://mudbomb.com/archives/2005/02/02/wysiwyg-plugin-for-wordpress/
        > >
        > > David
        > > http://www.taoofdavid.com

      • Edmund Yeo
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2006
          wrote:

          > Edmund...
          >
          > Not sure if this would work for you however there is a plugin to embed
          > Flash. It's called Kimili Flash Embed.
          >
          > http://www.kimili.com/journal/38/kimili-flash-embed---wordpress-edition
          >
          > No idea if it will work in Wordpress 2.0 though?
          >
          > David
          > http://www.taoofdavid.com

          Nope, it doesn't work with Wordpress.

          Based on the last few comments on that Kimili page, it seems that all
          Wordpress 2.0. users are suffering from what I'm suffering too.
        • Verdi
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2006
            If you look at the bottom of your wordpress user profile there is a
            checkbox about using the rich text editor. Uncheck it and you should
            be able to embed video in your posts. That worked for me.
            -Verdi
            --
            Me: http://michaelverdi.com
            R&D: http://evilvlog.com

            On Jan 1, 2006, at 2:03 PM, Edmund Yeo wrote:

            > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "taoofdavid65" <taoofdavid@g...>
            > wrote:
            >>
            >> Edmund...
            >>
            >> Not sure if this would work for you however there is a plugin to
            >> embed
            >> Flash. It's called Kimili Flash Embed.
            >>
            >> http://www.kimili.com/journal/38/kimili-flash-embed---wordpress-
            >> edition
            >>
            >> No idea if it will work in Wordpress 2.0 though?
            >>
            >> David
            >> http://www.taoofdavid.com
            >>

            > Nope, it doesn't work with Wordpress.
            >
            > Based on the last few comments on that Kimili page, it seems that all
            > Wordpress 2.0. users are suffering from what I'm suffering too.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Klaas
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2006
              You do not have to disable the rich text editor (wordpress 2.0 or
              WYSIWIG plugin for 1.5)use the HTML button and insert your code
              directly into the source of the post.

              -Blips

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Verdi <michael@m...> wrote:

              > If you look at the bottom of your wordpress user profile there is
              > checkbox about using the rich text editor. Uncheck it and you
              should
              > be able to embed video in your posts. That worked for me.
              > -Verdi
              > --
              > Me: http://michaelverdi.com
              > R&D: http://evilvlog.com
              > Learn to videoblog: http://freevlog.org
              > Learn to videoblog in person: http://node101.org
              >
              > On Jan 1, 2006, at 2:03 PM, Edmund Yeo wrote:
              >
              > > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "taoofdavid65"
              <taoofdavid@g...>
              > > wrote:
              > >>
              > >> Edmund...
              > >>
              > >> Not sure if this would work for you however there is a plugin
              > >> embed
              > >> Flash. It's called Kimili Flash Embed.
              > >>
              > >> http://www.kimili.com/journal/38/kimili-flash-embed---wordpress-

              > >> edition
              > >>
              > >> No idea if it will work in Wordpress 2.0 though?
              > >>
              > >> David
              > >> http://www.taoofdavid.com
              > >>

              > > Nope, it doesn't work with Wordpress.
              > >
              > > Based on the last few comments on that Kimili page, it seems
              that all
              > > Wordpress 2.0. users are suffering from what I'm suffering too.
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Verdi
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 3, 2006
                Can you confirm that that works? It didn't for me.
                -Verdi

                On Jan 3, 2006, at 11:55 AM, Klaas wrote:

                > You do not have to disable the rich text editor (wordpress 2.0 or
                > WYSIWIG plugin for 1.5)use the HTML button and insert your code
                > directly into the source of the post.
                >
                > -Blips
                >
                > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Verdi <michael@m...> wrote:
                >>
                >> If you look at the bottom of your wordpress user profile there is
                >> checkbox about using the rich text editor. Uncheck it and you
                > should
                >> be able to embed video in your posts. That worked for me.
                >> -Verdi
                >> --
                >> Me: http://michaelverdi.com
                >> R&D: http://evilvlog.com
                >> Learn to videoblog: http://freevlog.org
                >> Learn to videoblog in person: http://node101.org
                >>
                >> On Jan 1, 2006, at 2:03 PM, Edmund Yeo wrote:
                >>
                >>> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "taoofdavid65"
                > <taoofdavid@g...>

                >>> Nope, it doesn't work with Wordpress.
                >>>
                >>> Based on the last few comments on that Kimili page, it seems
                > that all
                >>> Wordpress 2.0. users are suffering from what I'm suffering too.
                >>>

                >>> Yahoo! Groups Links

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Klaas
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 3, 2006
                  Try it yourself;

                  Goto my wordpress multi user website http://megaweblog.com login as
                  user test password test and create a post.

                  If the WISYWYG keys do not show up refresh the screen (CTRL+F5),
                  look for the blue html button and you can add html into the source.

                  The WordPress muti user version is based on Wordpress 2.0