convert to .wmv

  • Richard Show
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2005
      Is there a way on a macintosh to convert a .mov file to a .wmv file?

      (I could not find such an option in fcp, imovie, or quicktime pro).

      ... Richard

      --
      Richard
      http://www.richardshow.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2005
        get Flip4Mac Studio:
        < www.flip4mac.com >

        or popwire wmv export component:
        < http://www.popwire.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=7 >

        Flip4Mac is more expensive, but I highly recommend it. Excellent
        product. Also allows you to import and edit WMV in Quicktime, iMovie,
        Final Cut. Great for remixing.

        -Josh

        On 12/31/05, Richard Show <richard@...> wrote:
        > Is there a way on a macintosh to convert a .mov file to a .wmv file?
        >
        > (I could not find such an option in fcp, imovie, or quicktime pro).
        >
        > ... Richard
        >
        > --
        > Richard
        > http://www.richardshow.com

        > ________________________________

      • Michael I
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 31, 2005
          I went with the Popwire, not to say it's bad but you get with you pay for.

          http://www.richardshow.com

          >  ________________________________

          Yahoo! Shopping
        • Paul Knight
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2006
            There is a download program that allows you to do this, but I think it
            costs about $30 for buggy playback in Quicktime then another $30 to
            covert .mov to wmv.
            It think its called wmv player, made by flip4mac. That's all I know, I
            have used it in the past. But when you buy the player you get a demo
            version of the converter which makes 50% of the .mov, and appears in
            the export sections of both fcp and imovie.

            Paul

            On 1 Jan 2006, at 02:30, Richard Show wrote:

            > Is there a way on a macintosh to convert a .mov file to a .wmv file?
            >
            > (I could not find such an option in fcp, imovie, or quicktime pro).
            >
            > ... Richard
            >
            > --
            > Richard
            > http://www.richardshow.com