Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: Bittorrent: A quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore

Expand Messages
  • Deirdré Straughan
    ... That part s easy, all you need is a client, which a Google search will quickly turn up for you. It s the server end that is giving me trouble. best
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 31, 2004
      --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Jay dedman <jay.dedman@g...> wrote:

      > the real problem is people knwoing how to download torrents.
      > how many people in this group have the application Blog Torrent or
      > Azureus on their computer?
      > when you see a torrent...do you know how to download it?

      That part's easy, all you need is a client, which a Google search will
      quickly turn up for you. It's the server end that is giving me trouble.


      best regards,
      Deirdré Straughan

      http://www.straughan.com
    • Jay dedman
      ... http://torrentocracy.com/prodigem/about.shtml ask Gary for a beta account. its thye easiest thing ever. or just look at blog torrent. jay
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 31, 2004
        > That part's easy, all you need is a client, which a Google search will
        > quickly turn up for you. It's the server end that is giving me trouble.

        http://torrentocracy.com/prodigem/about.shtml
        ask Gary for a beta account.
        its thye easiest thing ever.

        or just look at blog torrent.

        jay
      • leslye james
        ... I don t know if it s an issue of know-how, personally I don t have a torrent client on any of my machines because i don t want to use up hard drive space
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 31, 2004
          > the real problem is people knwoing how to download torrents.
          > how many people in this group have the application Blog Torrent or
          > Azureus on their computer?
          > when you see a torrent...do you know how to download it?


          I don't know if it's an issue of know-how, personally I don't have a
          torrent client on any of my machines because i don't want to use up
          hard drive space downloading huge files. i'd rather see a 320x240
          30mb clip than a full screen 1gb clip, or whatever. Maybe it's me not
          knowing enough about BitTorret because I have this bias and haven't
          taken the time to try it, but I feel that I need my drive for editing
          and storing my own footage, when I watch other people's stuff, i'd
          rather it be small - or even better streamed, if streaming servers
          were easier/cheaper to obtain.






          ---------------------------------------------
          http://www.phatalspin.com/vlog
        • Eric Botticelli
          ... (re: bittorrent) I would love to use bittorrent, but I may wait a few months. The thing I really want from it in order to convince me to start using it is
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 1, 2005
            > If everyone here started using it, we could set a new standard by
            > force. <-force in a good way, like a river.

            (re: bittorrent)

            I would love to use bittorrent, but I may wait a few months.

            The thing I really want from it in order to convince me to start using
            it is transparency. Like the way embeded quicktime works.

            But your point about reaching a new audience is convincing : )

            I've been planning to learn how to use it soon. Learn how to "seed
            the file" and all that.

            I'll definitely do it once I start using Our Media. Can I store the
            source video file on their server and then point the .torrent file to
            that?
          • Adrian Miles
            ... not sure if this known in this group, QuickTime Streaming Server is free. windows, linux, os x cheers Adrian Miles +++++++++++++++++++++
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 11, 2005
              On 01/01/2005, at 3:33 PM, leslye james wrote:

              > if streaming servers
              > were easier/cheaper to obtain.
              >

              not sure if this known in this group, QuickTime Streaming Server is
              free. windows, linux, os x

              cheers
              Adrian Miles

              +++++++++++++++++++++
              http://hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog/vlog/
            • Michael Sullivan
              actually, it s only for macOS however, you prob thinking about Darwin: http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/streaming/ I have long been meaning to set
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 11, 2005
                actually, it's only for macOS
                however, you prob thinking about Darwin:
                http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/streaming/
                I have long been meaning to set one up myself.


                On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:38:53 +1100, Adrian Miles
                <adrian.miles@...> wrote:
                >
                >
                > On 01/01/2005, at 3:33 PM, leslye james wrote:
                >
                > > if streaming servers
                > > were easier/cheaper to obtain.
                > >
                >
                > not sure if this known in this group, QuickTime Streaming Server is
                > free. windows, linux, os x
                >
                > cheers
                > Adrian Miles
                >
                > +++++++++++++++++++++
                > http://hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog/vlog/
                >
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >


                --
                ~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|
                i n t e r d i g i t a t e . c o m
                =====================
              • Adrian Miles
                ... yeah I was, didn t know they were different! :-) cheers Adrian Miles +++++++++++++++++++++ http://hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog/vlog/
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 11, 2005
                  On 12/01/2005, at 9:21 AM, Michael Sullivan wrote:

                  > actually, it's only for macOS
                  > however, you prob thinking about Darwin:
                  > http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/streaming/
                  > I have long been meaning to set one up myself.

                  yeah I was, didn't know they were different! :-)

                  cheers
                  Adrian Miles

                  +++++++++++++++++++++
                  http://hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog/vlog/
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.