all apologies

  • Andrew Baron
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2004
      My formal apologies goes out to Jay. I called his idea lame-brain and
      without anyone knowing that this is my bugs bunny way of getting all
      wralled up, it certainly came across as harsh and bad and I'm sorry. I
      was guilty of the most important point that I always try to make which
      is that you must be clear and precise or people will misunderstand
      you. Of course I know big time that Jay is not controlling and the
      subject of WHO is determining the conference or our conversation has
      never been, and never will be an issue because we all know by now (you
      need only be around for a couple of weeks) that Jay is fair and just.
      It's just important to be clear and not make universal statements of
      opinion or you are bound to get in trouble, like I just did.

      I'm glad I got so worked up though because in the long run, it seems
      it would only take a war to cause a revolution of this magnitude for
      so many people rose up and expressed an interest in the monetary
      aspect of things. Now, it looks like surely, over the course of just a
      few hours we have gone from a general group attitude that this is a
      taboo subject that should be supressed and not be discussed to perhaps
      being one of the most popular of subjects. (<-That was a big
      "perhaps", we'll see.)

      This could have never happened if we really did have a dictator for a
      maniac.

      Best,
      Andrew