VIMEO

  • jakoblodwick
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2004
      Hi everybody.

      My name is Jakob Lodwick and I have been making "vidblogs" for over a
      year. They are carefully edited diary-style short films; if you've
      seen the stuff on vidblogs.com, then you're probably familiar with
      this form. You can see a few of my best ones here:

      http://www.blumpy.org/?page=video&name=allover
      http://www.blumpy.org/?page=video&name=closet
      http://www.blumpy.org/?page=video&name=jermanysex

      HOWEVER, it is difficult to produce one of these more than once every
      few months, which I why I started making "vidbits" and posting them to
      a new site I made called VIMEO. The idea with vidbits is that you post
      these little fragments of videos and tag them with relevant
      information. I'm currently developing the site, but the basic
      functionality of being able to view the videos does exist:

      http://vimeo.com/

      Although they aren't too interesting on their own, the idea of
      shooting many of them over the years and having a well-maintained,
      metadata-rich archive of them is very exciting to me. Additionally,
      using SMIL technolgy to create playlists holds a lot of possibilities.
      For example, you could instruct the system to play all movies that
      feature my friend Josh in chronological order, and the site would
      generate a short film that shows all of those clips in order.

      I'm looking for any feedback or ideas about how to make this better,
      and what people think of it. Also, I would never hit a woman nor slap
      a child, so please do not assume those things about me.

      All the best,
      Jakob Lodwick