Re: [videoblogging] Re: free editing software for PC

  • Craige Moore
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 11 11:29 AM
      Note: this Avid program only works on Windows XP (I have ME, waaaah!).

      Jay Dedman said:

      >> > someone i work with said you can download free Avid editing software.
      >> > probably very simple but maybe like Imovie for Macs.
      >> > http://www.avid.com/freedv/
      >> > let us know if it works.
      >>
      >> It doesn't seem to be available right now - the download link goes to
      >> a "not found" page, and searching the site doesn't turn up anything
      >> useful.
      >
      > Try downloading the free Avid again.
      > i just downlaoded their version for Mac.
      > http://www.avid.com/freedv/
      > it made me fill out annoying personal info(i make it up) before i can
      > download.
      > then it gave me a serial number to install it.
      > now it works.
      >
      > avid is the industry standard for PC editing.
      > you may have to learn a little bit if youve never edited video on a
      > computer.
      > it looks like it has an export function to create small movies for the web.
      >
      > plus its free.
      >

      > --
      > Jay Dedman
      > Manhattan Neighborhood Network
      > 537 West 59th
      > NY NY 10019
      > 212 757 2670 ext.312
      > www.mnn.org
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Adrian Miles
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 12 12:47 AM
        >>> craige@... 07/07/04 1:52 AM >>>
        Andreas Haugstrup said:

        to solve mov to avi get quicktime pro. will do it fine.

        qt pro is not a movie editign program in the traditional sense. see
        http://hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog/desktopvogging/desktopvogging.html
        for an intro to how you would 'edit' in it. good for crude stuff, but for editing qua editing that is not the point of
        qt pro. it is authoring environment, not editign environment.

        cheers
        adrian miles
      • Adrian Miles
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 12 12:59 AM
          >>> jay@... 07/12/04 1:58 AM >>>

          > > someone i work with said you can download free Avid editing software.
          > > probably very simple but maybe like Imovie for Macs.
          > > http://www.avid.com/freedv/
          > > let us know if it works.
          >
          > It doesn't seem to be available right now - the download link goes to
          > a "not found" page, and searching the site doesn't turn up anything
          > useful.

          Try downloading the free Avid again.
          i just downlaoded their version for Mac.
          http://www.avid.com/freedv/
          it made me fill out annoying personal info(i make it up) before i can
          download.
          then it gave me a serial number to install it.
          now it works.

          avid is the industry standard for PC editing.
          you may have to learn a little bit if youve never edited video on a
          computer.
          it looks like it has an export function to create small movies for the web.

          plus its free.

          not sure about free pc version but the mac version did/does appalling job of exporting to qt, don't remember since long
          time since used it but exported into uncompressed qt then used something sensible to compress for online delivery.

          cheers
          adrian miles