Re: [videoblogging] Hello

  • Lynn Lane
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
      Joon...

      Welcome to the group! Drop a post on here when you get your vlog up and running so we can check it out!

      Best,
      Lynn

      Lynn Lane
      Coal River Pictures/SKILLZ DVD Magazine

      Vlogs:

      "Docmaker on the Go"

      "Hip-Hop Vlog"

      Coming Soon:
      www.Vlogumentarian.com
      www.VlogReporter.com

      AIVF/IDA

      Ring 8 Member
      NYC

      On Dec 1, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Joon Kang wrote:

      Hi my name is Joon, I live in South Korea and I wanted to say hello
      and thank you guys for accepting me into your group.  I also wanted to
      thank you for your great website www.freevlog.org you guys so far have
      the best and easiest step by step explanation for what I thought would
      be an impossible task.  Hope to pick your brains in the future.  Once
      again thank you for creating such a great resource and support system,
      YOU GUYS ROCK.

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • Deirdre Straughan
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
        Hi, Joon, welcome aboard! We look forward to seeing your work. I hear there's tons of broadband in South Korea, so I would think there'd be a lot of interest in videoblogging there.

        --
        best regards,
        Deirdré Straughan

        www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
        www.tvblob.com (work)
      • Joon Kang
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
          You're right we've got tons of broadband, but most people use it to
          upload videos from sports highlight or American shows or hobby things.
          In South Korea, there's a lot of cafes (equivalent to groups like
          yahoo, they just call it cafes here) and people upload their videos
          there, not too many original contents like the States as of yet. But
          I did do a test video (from my Canon Powershot A95) with my Booger to
          make sure I knew what I was doing, here's the link
          http://www.ourmedia.org/node/102620 Anyways the dude that's editing
          the vlog we did do is like procrastinating like there's always
          tomorrow. So as soon as he's done I'm posting.

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Deirdre Straughan
          <deirdre.straughan@g...> wrote:

          > Hi, Joon, welcome aboard! We look forward to seeing your work. I hear
          > there's tons of broadband in South Korea, so I would think there'd
          be a lot
          > of interest in videoblogging there.
          >
          > --
          > best regards,
          > Deirdr� Straughan
          >
          > www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
          > www.tvblob.com (work)

        • Joon Kang
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
            Wow, you guyz r amazing, thank you for the quick reply.

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Lynn Lane <lynnlane@m...> wrote:

            > Joon...
            >
            > Welcome to the group! Drop a post on here when you get your vlog up
            > and running so we can check it out!
            >
            > Best,
            > Lynn
            >
            > Lynn Lane
            > Coal River Pictures/SKILLZ DVD Magazine
            > website: www.CoalRiverPictures.com
            > email: lynnlane@m...
            >
            > Vlogs:
            >
            > "Docmaker on the Go"
            > vlog: http://docmaker.blogspot.com
            > feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/docmaker
            >
            > "Hip-Hop Vlog"
            > vlog: http://hiphopvlog.blogspot.com
            > feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/hiphopvlog
            >
            > Coming Soon:
            > www.Vlogumentarian.com
            > www.VlogReporter.com
            >
            > AIVF/IDA
            >
            > Ring 8 Member
            > NYC
            >

            > On Dec 1, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Joon Kang wrote:
            >
            > > Hi my name is Joon, I live in South Korea and I wanted to say hello
            > > and thank you guys for accepting me into your group. I also wanted to
            > > thank you for your great website www.freevlog.org you guys so far have
            > > the best and easiest step by step explanation for what I thought would
            > > be an impossible task. Hope to pick your brains in the future. Once
            > > again thank you for creating such a great resource and support system,
            > > YOU GUYS ROCK.
            > >

            > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            > >
            > > Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

          • Joan Khoo
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
              Hi Joon,
              Looking forward to seeing your videos.
              Cheers
              Joan

              <deirdre.straughan@g...> wrote:

              > Hi, Joon, welcome aboard! We look forward to seeing your work. I hear
              > there's tons of broadband in South Korea, so I would think there'd
              be a lot
              > of interest in videoblogging there.
              >
              > --
              > best regards,
              > Deirdr&#65533; Straughan
              >
              > www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
              > www.tvblob.com (work)

            • mariyudi mariyudi
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 11, 2006
                Hi

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • LeanBackVids.com
                Message 7 of 21 , May 11 3:34 PM
                  Details about what? And there does not seem to be a way to download
                  this file from the Yahoo Group's Web site? I'm confused.

                  --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "jay.dedman" <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

                  > i attached the details.
                  >
                  > Thank you

                • jay.dedman
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 11 4:10 PM
                    i attached the details.

                    Thank you
                  • Michael Szpakowski
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jan 31, 2007
                      Hi
                      just joined the group.
                      Actually only found out about it since Doron was kind
                      enough to post a link here to one of my movies & I got
                      some feedback from some of you - hello again! - I
                      guess I lead a sheltered life.
                      My vlog is at:

                      http://www.somedancersandmusicians.com/vlog/ScenesOfProvincialLife.cgi

                      The discussion here looks detailed & interesting & I'm
                      looking forward to reading what folk have to say &
                      maybe participating a little.

                      Actually, just as a little public service, I don't
                      know whether people have seen it here already, sorry
                      if yes, there's a blog/vlog submission section in this
                      event, looks quite interesting:

                      http://www.artechmedia.net/artechmedia-congreso/artists_call.htm

                      Also Agricola De Cologne is doing a blog/vlog show -
                      can't remember the submission address, a little
                      googling should uncover it..

                      best wishes
                      michael
                    • sull
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jan 31, 2007
                        Welcome!
                        Interesting Work.

                        --
                        Sull
                        http://vlogdir.com (a project)

                      • reeanne123
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
                          Hi Everyone,

                          I'm new to the group and to videoblogging!

                          I've joined this group to learn about best practices in vblogging,
                          including remote interview tools/techniques, best blogging platforms for
                          video and other digital media elements like mobile integration --
                          (Blogger, Wordpress.org, Wordpress.com, other?).

                          Also, to generally share my experience in this whole process so that
                          other newbies might benefit. I don't have a big business budget, so
                          looking to find solutions that are open, high-quality/cost effective.

                          Look forward to connecting!
                          Ree
                        • Markus Sandy
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
                            Welcome Ree!

                            Good topics. You came to the right place.

                            Got a vlog yet? url? feed? What kind of videoblogging projects or
                            sites are you contemplating?

                            Over the years, I've gone from Blogger to my own WordPress site to
                            Drupal for larger projects. Over the years, I've been quite impressed
                            with blogger+youtube as tools, but not quite as happy from a TOS/
                            rights standpoint when compared to running my own site and using
                            hosting providers like blip.tv, who support Creative Commons licensing
                            and cross posting to the Internet Archive. In the end, I use whatever
                            option is appropriate for the job at hand. I love to teach and still
                            find the old freevlogger path starting at blogger the most accessible
                            to the greatest number of people, especially those who don't care to
                            geek out on the technology like some of us.

                            Many of us are interested in open source solutions, quality and
                            keeping costs down and so you are in good company. :)

                            Markus
                            http://ojaidigitaldojo.net

                            On Jun 28, 2010, at 5:26 PM, reeanne123 wrote:

                            > Hi Everyone,
                            >
                            > I'm new to the group and to videoblogging!
                            >
                            > I've joined this group to learn about best practices in vblogging,
                            > including remote interview tools/techniques, best blogging platforms
                            > for
                            > video and other digital media elements like mobile integration --
                            > (Blogger, Wordpress.org, Wordpress.com, other?).
                            >
                            > Also, to generally share my experience in this whole process so that
                            > other newbies might benefit. I don't have a big business budget, so
                            > looking to find solutions that are open, high-quality/cost effective.
                            >
                            > Look forward to connecting!
                            > Ree

                          • David Jones
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
                              On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:26 AM, reeanne123 <reeanne123@...> wrote:

                              > Hi Everyone,
                              >
                              > I'm new to the group and to videoblogging!
                              >
                              > I've joined this group to learn about best practices in vblogging,
                              > including remote interview tools/techniques, best blogging platforms for
                              > video and other digital media elements like mobile integration --
                              > (Blogger, Wordpress.org, Wordpress.com, other?).
                              >
                              > Also, to generally share my experience in this whole process so that
                              > other newbies might benefit. I don't have a big business budget, so
                              > looking to find solutions that are open, high-quality/cost effective.
                              >
                              > Look forward to connecting!
                              > Ree

                              Hi Ree
                              See my beginner story here:

                              I say forget Blogger, set up your own website from day one using Wordpress.
                              Web hosting costs as little as a few dollars a month and that will get
                              you single click install for Wordpress and other blogs. You usually
                              get a free domain name too, if not it's under $10/year. Forget using
                              anything other than Wordpress though, it's the standard and is easy to
                              use.
                              I use Hostmonster.com for hosting, but there are countless others.
                              Make sure your web host has SimpleScripts single click install for
                              Wordpress.
                              Get your site theme right from day one and stick with it.

                              The PodPress plugin for Wordpress allows you to easily create an
                              iTunes compatible feed. Feedburner is good for the RSS feed.
                              I use Handbrake to generate a Podcast version of my blog for those
                              that view on mobiles/iPhone etc.

                              You would want to have a very good reason to use anything other than
                              Youtube to host your videos, as that's how people are usually going to
                              search for and find you.

                              As for monetising your blog, it takes time (and content+views) to
                              become a Youtube partner. But that doesn't stop you putting Google
                              Adsense ads on your Wordpress blog from the start.

                              What do you mean exactly by remote interviewing?

                              Regards
                              Dave.
                            • Steve Eisenberg
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
                                Welcome!

                                On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 8:26 PM, reeanne123 <reeanne123@...> wrote:

                                > Hi Everyone,
                                >
                                > I'm new to the group and to videoblogging!
                                >
                                > I've joined this group to learn about best practices in vblogging,
                                > including remote interview tools/techniques, best blogging platforms for
                                > video and other digital media elements like mobile integration --
                                > (Blogger, Wordpress.org, Wordpress.com, other?).
                                >
                                > Also, to generally share my experience in this whole process so that
                                > other newbies might benefit. I don't have a big business budget, so
                                > looking to find solutions that are open, high-quality/cost effective.
                                >
                                > Look forward to connecting!
                                > Ree

                              • Mark Villaseñor
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
                                  Reeanne: "I don't have a big business budget, so looking to find solutions
                                  that are open, high-quality/cost effective."

                                  Howdy Ree:
                                  ...Welcome. You'll find this group a varied bunch; knowledgeable, friendly
                                  and supportive. And I'm sure you'll glean plenty of cost-cutting tips, which
                                  still produce high quality visuals.

                                  Since it appears you're new (maybe fresh outta-the-box)? I suggest you
                                  pick-up a copy of "Get Seen" by Steve Garfield
                                  (http://www.stevegarfield.com), who is also a contributor here. It's a good
                                  read and will help you establish a clearer understanding of what you've
                                  gotten yourself into. :D

                                  Happy Trails,
                                  Mark Villaseñor,
                                  http://www.TailTrex.tv
                                  Canine Adventures For Charity - sm
                                  http://www.SOAR508.org
                                • Marie G.
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jun 29, 2010
                                    Hi Mark,
                                    Loved your note. Thank you for the warm welcome and sense of humor.
                                    I'll check out the book you suggested, sounds interesting. As for the shock of discovery. . . thanks for the warning. : )

                                    Ree