Hello

  • Joon Kang
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi my name is Joon, I live in South Korea and I wanted to say hello
      and thank you guys for accepting me into your group. I also wanted to
      thank you for your great website www.freevlog.org you guys so far have
      the best and easiest step by step explanation for what I thought would
      be an impossible task. Hope to pick your brains in the future. Once
      again thank you for creating such a great resource and support system,
      YOU GUYS ROCK.
    • Lynn Lane
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
        Joon...

        Welcome to the group! Drop a post on here when you get your vlog up and running so we can check it out!

        Best,
        Lynn

        Lynn Lane
        Coal River Pictures/SKILLZ DVD Magazine

        Vlogs:

        "Docmaker on the Go"

        "Hip-Hop Vlog"

        Coming Soon:
        www.Vlogumentarian.com
        www.VlogReporter.com

        AIVF/IDA

        Ring 8 Member
        NYC

        On Dec 1, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Joon Kang wrote:

        Hi my name is Joon, I live in South Korea and I wanted to say hello
        and thank you guys for accepting me into your group.  I also wanted to
        thank you for your great website www.freevlog.org you guys so far have
        the best and easiest step by step explanation for what I thought would
        be an impossible task.  Hope to pick your brains in the future.  Once
        again thank you for creating such a great resource and support system,
        YOU GUYS ROCK.

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Deirdre Straughan
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
          Hi, Joon, welcome aboard! We look forward to seeing your work. I hear there's tons of broadband in South Korea, so I would think there'd be a lot of interest in videoblogging there.

          --
          best regards,
          Deirdré Straughan

          www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
          www.tvblob.com (work)
        • Joon Kang
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
            You're right we've got tons of broadband, but most people use it to
            upload videos from sports highlight or American shows or hobby things.
            In South Korea, there's a lot of cafes (equivalent to groups like
            yahoo, they just call it cafes here) and people upload their videos
            there, not too many original contents like the States as of yet. But
            I did do a test video (from my Canon Powershot A95) with my Booger to
            make sure I knew what I was doing, here's the link
            http://www.ourmedia.org/node/102620 Anyways the dude that's editing
            the vlog we did do is like procrastinating like there's always
            tomorrow. So as soon as he's done I'm posting.

            --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Deirdre Straughan
            <deirdre.straughan@g...> wrote:

            > Hi, Joon, welcome aboard! We look forward to seeing your work. I hear
            > there's tons of broadband in South Korea, so I would think there'd
            be a lot
            > of interest in videoblogging there.
            >
            > --
            > best regards,
            > Deirdr� Straughan
            >
            > www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
            > www.tvblob.com (work)

          • Joon Kang
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
              Wow, you guyz r amazing, thank you for the quick reply.

              --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Lynn Lane <lynnlane@m...> wrote:

              > Joon...
              >
              > Welcome to the group! Drop a post on here when you get your vlog up
              > and running so we can check it out!
              >
              > Best,
              > Lynn
              >
              > Lynn Lane
              > Coal River Pictures/SKILLZ DVD Magazine
              > website: www.CoalRiverPictures.com
              > email: lynnlane@m...
              >
              > Vlogs:
              >
              > "Docmaker on the Go"
              > vlog: http://docmaker.blogspot.com
              > feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/docmaker
              >
              > "Hip-Hop Vlog"
              > vlog: http://hiphopvlog.blogspot.com
              > feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/hiphopvlog
              >
              > Coming Soon:
              > www.Vlogumentarian.com
              > www.VlogReporter.com
              >
              > AIVF/IDA
              >
              > Ring 8 Member
              > NYC
              >

              > On Dec 1, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Joon Kang wrote:
              >
              > > Hi my name is Joon, I live in South Korea and I wanted to say hello
              > > and thank you guys for accepting me into your group. I also wanted to
              > > thank you for your great website www.freevlog.org you guys so far have
              > > the best and easiest step by step explanation for what I thought would
              > > be an impossible task. Hope to pick your brains in the future. Once
              > > again thank you for creating such a great resource and support system,
              > > YOU GUYS ROCK.
              > >

              > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              > >
              > > Visit your group "videoblogging" on the web.

            • Joan Khoo
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
                Hi Joon,
                Looking forward to seeing your videos.
                Cheers
                Joan

                <deirdre.straughan@g...> wrote:

                > Hi, Joon, welcome aboard! We look forward to seeing your work. I hear
                > there's tons of broadband in South Korea, so I would think there'd
                be a lot
                > of interest in videoblogging there.
                >
                > --
                > best regards,
                > Deirdr&#65533; Straughan
                >
                > www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
                > www.tvblob.com (work)

              • mariyudi mariyudi
                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 11, 2006
                  Hi

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • LeanBackVids.com
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 11, 2006
                    Details about what? And there does not seem to be a way to download
                    this file from the Yahoo Group's Web site? I'm confused.

                    --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "jay.dedman" <jay.dedman@...> wrote:

                    > i attached the details.
                    >
                    > Thank you

                  • jay.dedman
                    Message 9 of 21 , May 11, 2006
                      i attached the details.

                      Thank you
                    • Michael Szpakowski
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jan 31 1:24 AM
                        Hi
                        just joined the group.
                        Actually only found out about it since Doron was kind
                        enough to post a link here to one of my movies & I got
                        some feedback from some of you - hello again! - I
                        guess I lead a sheltered life.
                        My vlog is at:

                        http://www.somedancersandmusicians.com/vlog/ScenesOfProvincialLife.cgi

                        The discussion here looks detailed & interesting & I'm
                        looking forward to reading what folk have to say &
                        maybe participating a little.

                        Actually, just as a little public service, I don't
                        know whether people have seen it here already, sorry
                        if yes, there's a blog/vlog submission section in this
                        event, looks quite interesting:

                        http://www.artechmedia.net/artechmedia-congreso/artists_call.htm

                        Also Agricola De Cologne is doing a blog/vlog show -
                        can't remember the submission address, a little
                        googling should uncover it..

                        best wishes
                        michael
                      • sull
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jan 31 7:34 AM
                          Welcome!
                          Interesting Work.

                          --
                          Sull
                          http://vlogdir.com (a project)

                        • reeanne123
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
                            Hi Everyone,

                            I'm new to the group and to videoblogging!

                            I've joined this group to learn about best practices in vblogging,
                            including remote interview tools/techniques, best blogging platforms for
                            video and other digital media elements like mobile integration --
                            (Blogger, Wordpress.org, Wordpress.com, other?).

                            Also, to generally share my experience in this whole process so that
                            other newbies might benefit. I don't have a big business budget, so
                            looking to find solutions that are open, high-quality/cost effective.

                            Look forward to connecting!
                            Ree
                          • Markus Sandy
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
                              Welcome Ree!

                              Good topics. You came to the right place.

                              Got a vlog yet? url? feed? What kind of videoblogging projects or
                              sites are you contemplating?

                              Over the years, I've gone from Blogger to my own WordPress site to
                              Drupal for larger projects. Over the years, I've been quite impressed
                              with blogger+youtube as tools, but not quite as happy from a TOS/
                              rights standpoint when compared to running my own site and using
                              hosting providers like blip.tv, who support Creative Commons licensing
                              and cross posting to the Internet Archive. In the end, I use whatever
                              option is appropriate for the job at hand. I love to teach and still
                              find the old freevlogger path starting at blogger the most accessible
                              to the greatest number of people, especially those who don't care to
                              geek out on the technology like some of us.

                              Many of us are interested in open source solutions, quality and
                              keeping costs down and so you are in good company. :)

                              Markus
                              http://ojaidigitaldojo.net

                              On Jun 28, 2010, at 5:26 PM, reeanne123 wrote:

                              > Hi Everyone,
                              >
                              > I'm new to the group and to videoblogging!
                              >
                              > I've joined this group to learn about best practices in vblogging,
                              > including remote interview tools/techniques, best blogging platforms
                              > for
                              > video and other digital media elements like mobile integration --
                              > (Blogger, Wordpress.org, Wordpress.com, other?).
                              >
                              > Also, to generally share my experience in this whole process so that
                              > other newbies might benefit. I don't have a big business budget, so
                              > looking to find solutions that are open, high-quality/cost effective.
                              >
                              > Look forward to connecting!
                              > Ree

                            • David Jones
                              Message 14 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
                                On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:26 AM, reeanne123 <reeanne123@...> wrote:

                                > Hi Everyone,
                                >
                                > I'm new to the group and to videoblogging!
                                >
                                > I've joined this group to learn about best practices in vblogging,
                                > including remote interview tools/techniques, best blogging platforms for
                                > video and other digital media elements like mobile integration --
                                > (Blogger, Wordpress.org, Wordpress.com, other?).
                                >
                                > Also, to generally share my experience in this whole process so that
                                > other newbies might benefit. I don't have a big business budget, so
                                > looking to find solutions that are open, high-quality/cost effective.
                                >
                                > Look forward to connecting!
                                > Ree

                                Hi Ree
                                See my beginner story here:

                                I say forget Blogger, set up your own website from day one using Wordpress.
                                Web hosting costs as little as a few dollars a month and that will get
                                you single click install for Wordpress and other blogs. You usually
                                get a free domain name too, if not it's under $10/year. Forget using
                                anything other than Wordpress though, it's the standard and is easy to
                                use.
                                I use Hostmonster.com for hosting, but there are countless others.
                                Make sure your web host has SimpleScripts single click install for
                                Wordpress.
                                Get your site theme right from day one and stick with it.

                                The PodPress plugin for Wordpress allows you to easily create an
                                iTunes compatible feed. Feedburner is good for the RSS feed.
                                I use Handbrake to generate a Podcast version of my blog for those
                                that view on mobiles/iPhone etc.

                                You would want to have a very good reason to use anything other than
                                Youtube to host your videos, as that's how people are usually going to
                                search for and find you.

                                As for monetising your blog, it takes time (and content+views) to
                                become a Youtube partner. But that doesn't stop you putting Google
                                Adsense ads on your Wordpress blog from the start.

                                What do you mean exactly by remote interviewing?

                                Regards
                                Dave.
                              • Steve Eisenberg
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
                                  Welcome!

                                  On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 8:26 PM, reeanne123 <reeanne123@...> wrote:

                                  > Hi Everyone,
                                  >
                                  > I'm new to the group and to videoblogging!
                                  >
                                  > I've joined this group to learn about best practices in vblogging,
                                  > including remote interview tools/techniques, best blogging platforms for
                                  > video and other digital media elements like mobile integration --
                                  > (Blogger, Wordpress.org, Wordpress.com, other?).
                                  >
                                  > Also, to generally share my experience in this whole process so that
                                  > other newbies might benefit. I don't have a big business budget, so
                                  > looking to find solutions that are open, high-quality/cost effective.
                                  >
                                  > Look forward to connecting!
                                  > Ree

                                • Mark Villaseñor
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jun 28, 2010
                                    Reeanne: "I don't have a big business budget, so looking to find solutions
                                    that are open, high-quality/cost effective."

                                    Howdy Ree:
                                    ...Welcome. You'll find this group a varied bunch; knowledgeable, friendly
                                    and supportive. And I'm sure you'll glean plenty of cost-cutting tips, which
                                    still produce high quality visuals.

                                    Since it appears you're new (maybe fresh outta-the-box)? I suggest you
                                    pick-up a copy of "Get Seen" by Steve Garfield
                                    (http://www.stevegarfield.com), who is also a contributor here. It's a good
                                    read and will help you establish a clearer understanding of what you've
                                    gotten yourself into. :D

                                    Happy Trails,
                                    Mark Villaseñor,
                                    http://www.TailTrex.tv
                                    Canine Adventures For Charity - sm
                                    http://www.SOAR508.org
                                  • Marie G.
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jun 29, 2010
                                      Hi Mark,
                                      Loved your note. Thank you for the warm welcome and sense of humor.
                                      I'll check out the book you suggested, sounds interesting. As for the shock of discovery. . . thanks for the warning. : )

                                      Ree