Re: [videoblogging] Re: my video got taken off archive

  • Joan Khoo
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 1, 2005
      I would think that it would be fair use. But Mattel seems lawsuit-happy so I wouldn't risk it. It really turned me off Barbies to read up on all those lawsuits. They seem to have a lousy sense of humour.
      Joan

      On 12/1/05, Michael Ridley <michaelridley@...> wrote:
      I'm not an IP attorney but I wonder if using Barbie dolls in stop motion is really a trademark infringement...I would think not.  Especially in light of the MCA case, but even more generally...I'm not at all sure that that would be infringing.  I have a pretty good understanding of US copyright law, but I guess my trademark knowledge is a little spotty in this area.  I'd be interested to hear from anyone who does have an IP law background.

      In any case, including a Peaches track would be a non-starter (from a copyright distribution perspective).
    • Michael I
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 3, 2005
        Video blogging a year ago was nothing like this!
        Aloha

        MIck I
        http://www.idvfilms.blogspot.com
        http://www.idvfilms.com