Re: [videoblogging] Re: my video got taken off archive

  • Michael Ridley
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 30, 2005
      I'm not an IP attorney but I wonder if using Barbie dolls in stop motion is really a trademark infringement...I would think not.  Especially in light of the MCA case, but even more generally...I'm not at all sure that that would be infringing.  I have a pretty good understanding of US copyright law, but I guess my trademark knowledge is a little spotty in this area.  I'd be interested to hear from anyone who does have an IP law background.

      In any case, including a Peaches track would be a non-starter (from a copyright distribution perspective).

      -m

      On 12/1/05, Lucas Gonze < lucas.gonze@...> wrote:
      There are three issues --

      That Peaches number is definitely unauthorized.
      The sexual content is going to piss some people off.
      Barbie is a fiercely protected trademark.

      The Peaches issue is a good enough reason to bounce it, add in the
      other two issues and it's an obvious choice.

      Individual Fireant Typepad
      Use

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      --
      -m
      http://www.secretelite.com/michael
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 3, 2005
        Video blogging a year ago was nothing like this!
        Aloha

        MIck I
        http://www.idvfilms.blogspot.com
        http://www.idvfilms.com