Re: [videoblogging] Big brother Google is watching you HERE and THERE!

  • Randolfe Wicker
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2005
      Why do you call that "ego surfing"?  I think it is interesting to see where your name pops up in stories you never knew about, etc.  That's not ego, that's great entertainment.

      Randolfe (Randy) Wicker

      Videographer, Writer, Activist
      Advisor: The Immortality Institute
      Hoboken, NJ
      http://www.randywickerreporting.blogspot.com/
      201-656-3280

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2005
        I guess it is in a way ego surfing. I have to admit, I do feel...proud that I managed to get Google to notice me. It's no mean feat.
        Joan
        http://rantingsofjoan.blogspot.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2005
          :) I haven't heard that term since my time at Microsoft. Developers
          were horrible for that.

          --
          ~Devlon
          http://mefeedia.com/
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2005
            As far as I know, it's a "standard" term. Tongue-in-cheek on my part, but, really, why else do we do it? C'mon, admit it. <grin>

            Not to be rude, Joan, but it's really very easy to get noticed by Google, and almost impossible NOT to be. The trick is to ensure that the majority of the mentions are things you'd actually want people to see and know about you.

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 1, 2005
              Shhh! Let me be happy in my delusion. :P