pc equivalent to imovie?

  • shawnsninja
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2005
      I have been having trouble with avid and cant stand windows movie
      maker, short of getting a mac, is there anything out there that I can
      use that is similar to imovie?
    • Nerissa (TheVideoQueen)
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2005
        > I have been having trouble with avid and cant stand windows movie
        > maker, short of getting a mac, is there anything out there that I can
        > use that is similar to imovie?

        PC video editing software I recommend most are:
        Pinnacle Studio Plus
        Ulead's VideoStudio 9 and
        Adobe's Premiere Elements

        Pinnacle has the most intuitve interface for old editors and newbies alike. Has numerous builtin add ons Movie Maker doesnt have. Avid just bought them.

        Ulead has numerous builtin add ons Movie Maker doesnt have. Much more flexible than MM, but less so than Studio 10. Accepts the most variety of input formats of any editing softwa on the market.  Creates the most variety of ouput formats of any editing software on the market.

        Adobe Premiere Elements I havent tried. But I wouldnt be surprised it would be the most
        stable (less buggy) consumer software on the market. I doubt it has as many bells and whistles as Pinnacle or Ulead, but someone else will need to fill us in onthat for now.

        Nerissa
        PS-- they all have free trials to download. I highly recommend trying before you buy.

        ::::::::::::
        Nerissa Oden

        http://TheVideoQueen.com/blog.html
        http://FreeVideoCoding.com
        http://FreeMediaGuide.com
        http://FreeVideoEditing.com

        Where do Women get answers to their video questions?

      • Deirdre Straughan
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 30, 2005
          I've been using Roxio's VideoWave (part of the Easy Media Creator package). It's a little quirky in places, but mostly does what I want it to.

          However, since Nerissa mentions it so highly, I'll check out this copy of Pinnacle I have around (rebate offer with my videocamera).

          --
          best regards,
          Deirdré Straughan

          www.beginningwithi.com (personal)
          www.tvblob.com (work)
        • Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
            On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 02:38:03 +0100, shawnsninja <shawnsninja@...>
            wrote:

            > I have been having trouble with avid and cant stand windows movie
            > maker, short of getting a mac, is there anything out there that I can
            > use that is similar to imovie?

            If you can't stand movie maker, you probably can't stand imovie either.
            The two programs are very similar.

            - Andreas
            --
            <URL:http://www.solitude.dk/>
          • Nerissa (TheVideoQueen)
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2005
              > I've been using Roxio's VideoWave (part of the Easy Media Creator
              > package). It's a little quirky in places, but mostly does what I want it to.
              >
              > However, since Nerissa mentions it so highly, I'll check out this copy
              > of Pinnacle I have around (rebate offer with my videocamera).

              Fyi, Pinnacle version 10 has great price at stores. $70 sticker wiht rebates of $20. One newletter reader called me ot say his was free after rebate.  Avid has officaill ytaken over Pinnacle, so I'm not sure why all the rebates. I hate the "kiddie" look to Pinnacle produts now. But the new features in version are worh a full store purchase of $50 to me. Like I said, just fyi.

              Use Ulead is you're using a still camera with movie mode. Ulead works best with slower than 30 fps clips and works with the highest number of formats of any editing software I've ever seen. (ramble, ramble)
              Nerissa