Re: [videoblogging] what we're trying to do....

  • Adrian Miles
    Message 1 of 54 , Jul 4, 2004
      On 02/07/2004, at 6:02 PM, Andreas Haugstrup wrote:

      > Can you elaborate a bit on this? It sounds very interesting about how
      > the
      > context will change.

      just think about phones. once you had a fixed object with a nnumber
      attached. to use it you had to be wehre the object was. you had a
      number for work, home, and so on. change homes, numbers change. etc.

      then we got mobile telephony. now the network follows you. so we get
      sms, originally a business application but now a social tool.
      theoretically we have one number that can follow us, through homes,
      jobs, and locations. it becomes a personal object, decorated, ring
      tones, and so on. we've added radios, music players, cameras and video
      to it. WAP too.

      So, with wireless everywhere, devices will no longer be singular
      things. already you could make your fridge talk to yoru bluetooth phone
      with a shopping list, so with video, and images and sound. they could
      be recorded from any device. add a video camera to your ipod, with
      wireless.

      i was in switz. got sms coverage on top of mountains. imagine wireless
      up there. shoot, publish. do i want to lug arund a big camera? maybe,
      but domestic level, from my phone, my gps system, my walking stick.
      hell, i even saw a swiss army knife that had a blade and a USB
      keychain, soon it will be bluetooth.

      the problem for designers is, what to put where and why. like sms (and
      blogs for that matter), it will emerge but probably won't be predicted,
      but once anyting can talk to anything, and you can send data from
      anywhere, what objects will we develop with what functions to do this?
      ("hey, look at this" as i turn on my live video feed from my car, or it
      auto records the last 3 minutes for purposes of accident investigation,
      archived remotely....)

      cheers
      Adrian Miles
      hypertext.rmit || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/adrian
      interactive networked video || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog
      research blog || hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vog/vlog/
      Message 54 of 54 , Sep 22, 2008
        On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 11:14 AM, quintanomedia <aquintano@...> wrote:
        > Ok let me re-introduce myself Hi my name is Anthony Quintano
        > Im new to the group. come visit my vlog at www.quintanomedia.com
        > or follow me on twitter twitter.com/quintano_media
        > I look forward to getting to know everyone.

        Hey Anthony--

        welcome to the Videoblogging Group.
        It alternately lives and dies each year, full of love and hate.
        we talk a lot about tech and business and punk rock and politics.

        i've barely scraped some of the ideas/resources that have passed
        through on this wiki:
        http://videoblogginggroup.pbwiki.com/

        http://jaydedman.com