Re: [videoblogging] Katrina Vlogs - Where Are They?

  • BevSykes
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 1, 2005
      >> I am somewhat surprised overt he lack of Vlog postings, but those onsite are no doubt more concerned about coming out alive than shooting video <<.

      I was surprised myself until I thought about it and realized that anybody who is THERE to film probaby has no way of getting to a computer to get it posted.  Or at least, as you point out, that would not be the top priority.

    • Deirdre Straughan
      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 4, 2005
        I'd never heard of Kanye West, but he's international news now, and I say good for him. I don't care if he's talented or not, at least he's using his stardom to, as you say, speak truth to power.

        It's also amusing that the network censorship on the west coast was circumvented very quickly by the spread of the clip on the Internet, not to mention all the news coverage (including a word-for-word transcript in the Washington Post, with very unflattering remarks on Mike Myers' part in it all). Talk about closing the barn door after the horse is out...

        --
        best regards,
        Deirdré Straughan

        www.straughan.com (personal)