Re: [videoblogging] Re: 4 million potential vloggers in the US alone

  • Markus Sandy
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
      let's get cracking!

      Actually, FWIW, many people are comparing this time period with that of
      other early adoption periods (the PC, the Internet, etc - aka "the wild
      west").

      In those two previous cases I and several colleagues taught extension
      courses through UC Santa Barbara and UCLA extension

      In fact, *each* of us did teach that many people over a period of
      several years

      most of these were all-day workshops or night courses (1 night/week for
      10 weeks)

      approximately 10% of the people who attended asked for some kind of
      consulting help

      most of the workshops were introductory in nature

      fyi, markus

      Gena wrote:

      >Let's see, 4 million potential vbloggers /1300 members =
      >3076.9230769230769230769230769231 students per member.
      >
      >Yikes!

      http://apperceptions.org
      http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com
      http://spinflow.org
      http://wearethemedia.com
      http://www.corante.com/events/feedfest/

      aim/ichat: markus.sandy@...
      msn: msandy@...
      skype: msandy
      spin: markus@...
    • Deirdre Straughan
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
        Someone needs to design a nice t-shirt and we need a catchy slogan.... "Vlog me, baby" ...? (don't take me too seriously right now - it's been a long day)

        --
        best regards,
        Deirdré Straughan

        www.straughan.com (personal)
        www.tvblob.com (work)
      • Randolfe Wicker
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
          The big difference between learning PC usage and how to access the Internet and vlogging is that vlogging is a self-perpetuating medium.  What Michael Verdi and others are doing at Freevlog means countless people can master vlogging without having to leave their house and find classes where they can learn.