Re: [videoblogging] re: CafePress

  • skullcrew webmaster
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2005
      I think the answer to your question would be....don't carry shirts.

      If you don't have enough hits/viewers/fans to buy your shirts why carry them? It is pointless to carry something of far less quality for the same price, if not more, as the good stuff just so you can have something to sell.

      I would encourage any small site to concentrate on content and making their site better. Do not worry about merchandise until you have lots and lots of fans.

      If you want to mess around and waste time and money with CafePress go ahead, but that is more time you are wasting away from making your site better and no one is going to buy your shirt if your site sucks.

      You could take pre-orders (if you have fans) for shirts on your site and when you get enough for an order, about 12 shirts, order them. It isn't that hard to do. That is the way I started my site in 2001. Sometimes you will know if you have fans if they are willing to put money down on a shirt that doesn't exist because they like you and your site.

      If you think I am full of shit then fine. I am sort of a experienced at this whole thing though, being that I have done if full time on the internet for 4 years. I have nothing to prove and this is just helpful advice if you choose to ignore it, good luck.

      thanks...

      nick

      p.s. you can get shirts made for much less than $500, I have done orders of 12 shirts for as low as $100.

      On Sep 1, 2005, at 7:09 AM, Verdi wrote:

      Hey Nick,
      Since you sell T-shirts...  Is there any way for an individual to
      sell a t-shirt without a $500 - $1000 upfront investment?  I'd love
      to sell a couple of designs and I've investigated CafePress and I'm
      sure I'd be disappointed with the quality.  I just don't know of
      another option that I can afford.
      Thanks,

      --
      Verdi

      On Aug 31, 2005, at 11:00 PM, skullcrew webmaster wrote:

      > this is all I have to say to cafepress...
      > <url: http://www.angryshirts.com/index.asp?
      > PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=9 >
      >
      > nick
      > http://www.skullcrew.com
      > http://www.angryshirts.com

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • Markus Sandy
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2005

        DIY!!!

        renegade posted a great silk screening tutorial during VideobloggingWeek2005

        http://videobloggingweek2005.blogspot.com/2005/05/day-1-part-1-day-2-part-2-day-3-part-3.html

        markus

        p.s. thanks ryanne! - i can not tell you how many times i make use of the great resource at http://videobloggingweek2005.blogspot.com

        Randolfe Wicker wrote:
        Michael,

        T-shirts can be silk-screened and anyone in the graphic arts and silk-screening can make really nice shirts in limited numbers.

        http://apperceptions.org
        http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com
        http://spinflow.org
        http://wearethemedia.com
        http://www.corante.com/events/feedfest/

        aim/ichat: markus.sandy@...
        msn: msandy@...
        skype: msandy
        spin: markus@...

      • LeanBackVids.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2005
          http://www.printmojo.com/ is another solution. Below is the process
          listed on their site. I've heard that their quality is great, but you
          still have to throw down some cash for the inventory. It is not
          on-demand printing.

          How It Works
          - You create the design
          - You choose the products
          - You choose how much product you want
          - You choose the mark-up for your products

          What's more...
          - We print your products
          - We build and host your online store
          - We process your customer's orders
          - We warehouse and ship your products

          -Matt
          --------------------------------------
          http://www.leanbackvids.com/videoblog/
          http://www.vlogmap.org/blog/

          --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <markus@a...> wrote:

          > DIY!!!
          >
          > renegade posted a great silk screening tutorial during
          VideobloggingWeek2005

          http://videobloggingweek2005.blogspot.com/2005/05/day-1-part-1-day-2-part-2-day-3-part-3.html

          > markus
          >
          > p.s. thanks ryanne! - i can not tell you how many times i make use of
          > the great resource at http://videobloggingweek2005.blogspot.com
          >

          > Randolfe Wicker wrote:
          >
          > > Michael,
          > >
          > > T-shirts can be silk-screened and anyone in the graphic arts and
          > > silk-screening can make really nice shirts in limited numbers.
          > >

          > --
          >
          > My name is Markus Sandy and I am app.etitio.us
          >
          > http://apperceptions.org
          > http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com
          > http://spinflow.org
          > http://wearethemedia.com
          > http://www.corante.com/events/feedfest/
          >
          > aim/ichat: markus.sandy@m...
          > msn: msandy@a...
          > skype: msandy
          > spin: markus@a...
        • LeanBackVids.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 1, 2005
            By the way, I just bought a VlogMap shirt. When it arrives, I'll take
            close-up pictures of their printing quality and let the group know if
            it is worth it. Last time I purchased a shirt from cafepress, the
            quality was not bad... it just is not the same as screen printing.

            - Matt
            --------------------------------------
            http://www.leanbackvids.com/videoblog/
            http://www.vlogmap.org/blog/
          • Devlon
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 1, 2005
              On 9/1/05, LeanBackVids.com <leanbackvids@...> wrote:
              > By the way, I just bought a VlogMap shirt. When it arrives, I'll take
              > close-up pictures of their printing quality and let the group know if
              > it is worth it. Last time I purchased a shirt from cafepress, the
              > quality was not bad... it just is not the same as screen printing.

              This would be great. I was so close to grabbing a vlogmap tee, but
              heard that it wasn't silk-screened on

              --
              ~Devlon
              http://8bitme.blogspot.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 9, 2005
                Well my cafepress shirt arrived a few days ago and here are some pics...

                http://www.vlogmap.org/blog/2005/09/09/cafepress-quality/

                -Matt