Re: 4 million potential vloggers in the US alone

  • Gena
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
      Let's see, 4 million potential vbloggers /1300 members =
      3076.9230769230769230769230769231 students per member.

      Yikes!

      Gena
      http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
      ***************
      In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Deirdre Straughan
      <deirdre.straughan@g...> wrote:
      > from http://www.parksassociates.com/press/press_
      releases/2005/gdl4.html

      > Hollywood@Home
      >
      > Four million U.S. households are now using digital video cameras and
      editing > software every month to create movies at home, with roughly
      750,000 doing so on a weekly basis, according to Parks Associates' *
      Global Digital

      Living*™<http://www.parksassociates.com/resear
      ch/multiclients/global_multiclients.htm>
      > --
      > best regards,
      > Deirdré Straughan
      >
      > www.straughan.com <http://www.straughan.com> (personal)
      > www.tvblob.com <http://www.tvblob.com> (work)
    • Markus Sandy
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005

        I had an interesting experience when Michael and Ryanne came out to San Francisco for BlogHer and MeetTheVloggers.

        We stopped at one of the main scenic photo stops on the Golden Gate Bridge (vloggers are great, they are really easy to entertain)

        I have never seen so many video cameras in my life (hundreds of people with cameras).

        I wondered "what are they doing with all that video?"

        I thought I should come back with freevlog brochures or hand-outs (I realized that there is probably a law against that on federal land)

        Would be a great place to be able to promote vlogging

        I guess we could go wear tee shirts and carry PSP's and get people to ask "what's a vlog?"

        Deirdre Straughan wrote:

        Hollywood@Home

        Four million U.S. households are now using digital video cameras and editing software every month to create movies at home, with roughly 750,000 doing so on a weekly basis, according to Parks Associates' Global Digital Living.

        http://apperceptions.org
        http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com
        http://spinflow.org
        http://wearethemedia.com
        http://www.corante.com/events/feedfest/

        aim/ichat: markus.sandy@...
        msn: msandy@...
        skype: msandy
        spin: markus@...

      • Markus Sandy
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
          let's get cracking!

          Actually, FWIW, many people are comparing this time period with that of
          other early adoption periods (the PC, the Internet, etc - aka "the wild
          west").

          In those two previous cases I and several colleagues taught extension
          courses through UC Santa Barbara and UCLA extension

          In fact, *each* of us did teach that many people over a period of
          several years

          most of these were all-day workshops or night courses (1 night/week for
          10 weeks)

          approximately 10% of the people who attended asked for some kind of
          consulting help

          most of the workshops were introductory in nature

          fyi, markus

          Gena wrote:

          >Let's see, 4 million potential vbloggers /1300 members =
          >3076.9230769230769230769230769231 students per member.
          >
          >Yikes!

          http://apperceptions.org
          http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com
          http://spinflow.org
          http://wearethemedia.com
          http://www.corante.com/events/feedfest/

          aim/ichat: markus.sandy@...
          msn: msandy@...
          skype: msandy
          spin: markus@...
        • Deirdre Straughan
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
            Someone needs to design a nice t-shirt and we need a catchy slogan.... "Vlog me, baby" ...? (don't take me too seriously right now - it's been a long day)

            --
            best regards,
            Deirdré Straughan

            www.straughan.com (personal)
            www.tvblob.com (work)
          • Randolfe Wicker
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
              The big difference between learning PC usage and how to access the Internet and vlogging is that vlogging is a self-perpetuating medium.  What Michael Verdi and others are doing at Freevlog means countless people can master vlogging without having to leave their house and find classes where they can learn.