Re: [videoblogging] WSDU New Orleans Live Streaming Video

  • Anders Clerwall
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31, 2005
      On 8/31/05, Deirdre Straughan <deirdre.straughan@...> wrote:
      > I have relatives, hopefully still alive, in New Orleans. I was born there (as was my father, my grandmother, and several generations of relatives before her), but have not been back there in 30 years. I will now never be able to go back to the city as it was.
      >
      > Is that close enough to home for me to care about this news?

      Of course it is. That's what I meant with "local" events, even though
      I may have botched the language.

      > The world is very small. There is no point in weighing who has the bigger tragedy. We are all affected.

      That was not my intent, even though it may have looked that way.
      As I wrote before, I don't usually speak up about these things, and I
      probably have no right to do so anyway.
      But now I did, and I get to pay.
      Again, all I can say is "I'm sorry".

      And I sincerely hope that these kinds of things can be somehow
      prevented, or the effect of them at least lessened in some way, in the
      future.

      I will not reply to this thread again.

      But I will continue to read everything on this list (as I've done so
      far.. everything!) and continue to watch the reports on the aftermath.

      --
      Anders Clerwall
      vlog: http://randomshow.com/