Katrina Aftermath update

  • Andy Carvin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      My Katrina blog/mobcast "Katrina Aftermath" has been up and running for
      just over 24 hours now. So far, people have posted nearly 40 blog
      entries to it, not to mention countless photos via RSS feeds I'm
      collecting from Flickr.com. I've also just added a dynamic collection of
      photos of missing people, courtesy of nowpublic.com, which can be found

      More sites seem to be aggregating photos of the missing; for those that
      have RSS feeds, I'll incorporate them into this page as well. If you
      have a website or a blog and you'd like to display the feed of missing
      persons photos, please stick this code on your webpage:

      <script type="text/javascript"
      href="http://app.feeddigest.com/digest3/NISXSWRCYF.html">Click for
      "Katrina Missing Persons Feed".</a> By <a

      Traffic is very busy right now - around 500 page views an hour, thanks
      to links from Yahoo! and some of your blogs, no doubt - and it'll
      probably continue to rise. So if you have any information or insights
      you'd like to contribute to the site - even thoughts and prayers for the
      missing - please go here:

      Instructions for posting photos, voicemail podcasts and text can be
      found in the right column of the homepage. I'm really hoping some people
      will use the voicemail tool to post audio to the site; you just pick up
      the phone, key in the PIN codes and start talking.

      Thanks again to everyone who's posted content so far - keep 'em coming...

      Andy Carvin
      Program Director
      EDC Center for Media & Community
      acarvin @ edc . org